PDA

View Full Version : DCS World & ATAG

SiThSpAwN
Jan-30-2013, 10:06
Do you ATAG guys ever spend any time in DCS World at all? Not just the P-51D, but other modules?

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-30-2013, 12:21
Negative here. I have A-10C, but spent very little time with it, to my regret (especially in view that I have TM's Warthog HOTAS!). I have P51D, but again, very little time spent. I considered acquiring other DCS modules, but realized that the discretionary time I have for video gaming I'd prefer to spend in the Battle of Britain.

I greatly admire the DCS World and it works and looks great on my PC. So does ROF, but same thing - I just prefer the gaming experience of Clod.

thee_oddball
Jan-30-2013, 16:59
Do you ATAG guys ever spend any time in DCS World at all? Not just the P-51D, but other modules?

i just bought A10 :) and BS2 looks very nice , but i was wondering about the online community, are there a decent amount of servers? are there ongoing war's and competitions?

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 01:05
i just bought A10 :) and BS2 looks very nice , but i was wondering about the online community, are there a decent amount of servers? are there ongoing war's and competitions?

There is always a decent amount of servers for sure... I love the MP with a good mission.

Furious
Jan-31-2013, 03:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZN_j1UJtgY

Awesome.

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-31-2013, 08:17
That was a great watch.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-31-2013, 09:08
I have A10, P51, BS2, and CA for the DCS world but it will not run. I get a 0x00000007b error every time I try to start any of the modules or world itself. Sadly when I had the old version of A10 standalone and BS, it worked fine.

I searched for the problem and it appears lots of people have it. Some have solved it with a different .dll file and others by using admin rights (UAC is disabled). I've tried all the suggestions, but have given up on it because nothing seemed to work.

The other point is there are no dedicated server files released for the DCS titles yet. So any server in the online world has to be a PC capable of running the sim (GTX card and all) which means no standalone rack mounted dedicated machines like ours. If that changed, I would probably put a server up on it, and obviously spend some more time trying to get my game to work.

thee_oddball
Jan-31-2013, 09:41
I have A10, P51, BS2, and CA for the DCS world but it will not run. I get a 0x00000007b error every time I try to start any of the modules or world itself. Sadly when I had the old version of A10 standalone and BS, it worked fine.

thats alot of money to invest just to leave sitting :( that error point to an access problem with a drive, have you tried installing one of the game/modules to another part of the drive or another drive altogether?

I searched for the problem and it appears lots of people have it. Some have solved it with a different .dll file and others by using admin rights (UAC is disabled). I've tried all the suggestions, but have given up on it because nothing seemed to work.

The other point is there are no dedicated server files released for the DCS titles yet. So any server in the online world has to be a PC capable of running the sim (GTX card and all) which means no standalone rack mounted dedicated machines like ours. If that changed, I would probably put a server up on it, and obviously spend some more time trying to get my game to work.

that was one of the only cons on the simhq review, :( it would be a big plus if they hed dedi files

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 09:42

I thought there was an option to run the game without graphics enabled now, although I dont know if for install you need to have a graphics card of some sort installed (To disable 3d rendering, set render3D to false in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\graphics.cfg.). As well someone has made a mod for server management. Servman and/or Slmod both have remote server functions.

As for your issue, if you can send me some log files or the full error message, I can see if I can get you some help.

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 09:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZN_j1UJtgY

Awesome.

He makes some of the best vids :)

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-31-2013, 10:36
I thought there was an option to run the game without graphics enabled now, although I dont know if for install you need to have a graphics card of some sort installed (To disable 3d rendering, set render3D to false in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\graphics.cfg.). As well someone has made a mod for server management. Servman and/or Slmod both have remote server functions.

As for your issue, if you can send me some log files or the full error message, I can see if I can get you some help.

Everything I searched still said, for a server, that the server must be capable of running a server via a graphics card as well for it to work. If you have some information on the mod etc., to where a dedicated server could run it, please let me know.

As far as the problem, this is it: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1654882 The 0x000007b error etc.

I've tried all the suggestions from the threads that talked about that error and none of the suggestions worked for me. There are many threads talking about that error. Short of reinstalling the OS (which I'm not about to do), I think I'm stuck until they release some sort of a patch.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-31-2013, 10:48
0xc000007b means "Invalid image format".
Translated to plain english, there are two possibilities:
1.- An executable or DLL is corrupt
2.- A 64 bits program is trying to use a 32 bits dll or the other way around.

I think #2 is the most likely issue.

Colander.

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 10:58
0xc000007b means "Invalid image format".
Translated to plain english, there are two possibilities:
1.- An executable or DLL is corrupt
2.- A 64 bits program is trying to use a 32 bits dll or the other way around.

I think #2 is the most likely issue.

Colander.

Yeah, definitely doesn't sound like an issue with DCS, there is a repair tool out there for that specific error, but no idea how legit it is.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-31-2013, 11:24
Well, as I said, A10 standalone works fine in 64bit mode - the old version. Same with BS. It's only DCS world - the new integrated versions/modules where I have the problem. Because of that, I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with my PC (which is top of the line).

It has to be a problem with the way DCS world installs. Like I said, their other standalone programs work just fine in 64 bit mode. Considering my understanding of the DCS world is simply a more integrated approach to the old standalone system, the engine is pretty much the same - same games etc with the ability to integrate them all into one. The only thing that makes sense is a problem with the way their installer works/DCS world itself. Just google the error for DCS and you'll find many pages of people with the same exact issue I have. I highly doubt their PC is corrupted. It's something to do with DCS world or their installer. Every other 64 bit program/app/game/sim works just fine, along with anything else I've installed on my PC.

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 11:39
Have you tried a "chkdsk C: /R" (or whatever drive you might have installed to)?

Sorry if this is something you have tried already :)

Also found this:

I tried every solution offered in the forums and nothing worked. So I opened up Dependency Walker (Google it) and found that DCS was having issues with msvcr100.dll. Although many of you probably know this, that's a file from the Visual C++ 2010 package. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the 32-bit and 64-bit packages to no avail. So, after seeing this conflict, I just moved msvcr100.dll into a backup folder (I am always careful about outright deleting files like that) and proceeded to uninstall-reinstall both Visual C++ 2010 packages. Problem solved!

ATAG_Colander
Jan-31-2013, 11:48
Well, as I said, A10 standalone works fine in 64bit mode - the old version. Same with BS. It's only DCS world - the new integrated versions/modules where I have the problem. Because of that, I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with my PC (which is top of the line).

It has to be a problem with the way DCS world installs. Like I said, their other standalone programs work just fine in 64 bit mode. Considering my understanding of the DCS world is simply a more integrated approach to the old standalone system, the engine is pretty much the same - same games etc with the ability to integrate them all into one. The only thing that makes sense is a problem with the way their installer works/DCS world itself. Just google the error for DCS and you'll find many pages of people with the same exact issue I have. I highly doubt their PC is corrupted. It's something to do with DCS world or their installer. Every other 64 bit program/app/game/sim works just fine, along with anything else I've installed on my PC.

Most likely the installer is dropping a 32 bits dll in the 64 install folder.
Is this on the server so I can look at it?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-31-2013, 12:05
Most likely the installer is dropping a 32 bits dll in the 64 install folder.
Is this on the server so I can look at it?

No, there was no reason to ever put it on the server as there is no dedicated server files for the sim yet.

But DCS world can be downloaded for free if you want to see if you get the same issue.

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 13:22
No, there was no reason to ever put it on the server as there is no dedicated server files for the sim yet.

But DCS world can be downloaded for free if you want to see if you get the same issue.

Just out of interest as I never had the opportunity to try, does the game require a graphics card for install, or could you install it then run it with the 3D rendering disabled? I assume it wouldnt even install, but I dont know.

Maler
Jan-31-2013, 19:15
I'd love to see the server ATAG with a mission to P-51D. Are lacking a permanent server for duels and quck dogfighting.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-31-2013, 21:47
Have you tried a "chkdsk C: /R" (or whatever drive you might have installed to)?

Sorry if this is something you have tried already :)

Also found this:

I'll try this now. And report back!

Just out of interest as I never had the opportunity to try, does the game require a graphics card for install, or could you install it then run it with the 3D rendering disabled? I assume it wouldnt even install, but I dont know.

I wouldn't think it would require a GFX card to install as the images are still as the installer is working, but I'm not 100% sure. It may check your system before installing etc.

I'd love to see the server ATAG with a mission to P-51D. Are lacking a permanent server for duels and quck dogfighting.

Get on the Russian forums and tell them to make dedicated server files! :D Then we'd put a server up!

SiThSpAwN
Jan-31-2013, 21:55
Get on the Russian forums and tell them to make dedicated server files! :D Then we'd put a server up!

Its in the works, but on hold to work on instabilities in the last patch for multiplayer...

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-01-2013, 07:05
Tried check disk, the net framework stuff, and removing the .dll. Same problem :(

SiThSpAwN
Feb-01-2013, 09:35
Tried check disk, the net framework stuff, and removing the .dll. Same problem :(

Hmmm, cant imagine how frustrating that is... is DCS World installed on your C: Drive?

SiThSpAwN
Feb-01-2013, 10:01
I am sure you have looked till you are blue in the face already, but if you read this link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95562 it seems to be related to VC++ Runtime, did you skip the install of this when you installed the game? It also appears the reason the older versions ran fine for you is (if you were using Steam) Steam forces using the 32 bit versions of the game, the downloads for DCS World would be the 64 bit versions.

In the link I posted, you will see c0ff replied, he is the man to talk to if you want to talk to someone directly, or I can contact him for you. Let me know... with a 190 coming you gotta get it fixed :)

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-01-2013, 13:20
Hmmm, cant imagine how frustrating that is... is DCS World installed on your C: Drive?

Yeah, it's the C drive. I let it install to the default location it asked for.

I am sure you have looked till you are blue in the face already, but if you read this link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95562 it seems to be related to VC++ Runtime, did you skip the install of this when you installed the game? It also appears the reason the older versions ran fine for you is (if you were using Steam) Steam forces using the 32 bit versions of the game, the downloads for DCS World would be the 64 bit versions.

In the link I posted, you will see c0ff replied, he is the man to talk to if you want to talk to someone directly, or I can contact him for you. Let me know... with a 190 coming you gotta get it fixed :)

I actually didn't skip the V++Runtime step, but before it started installing, a message window popped up that said I already had a newer version installed. It won't let you install it when it sees the newer version. So then it was skipped :D

And my old version of A10 was standalone. It was downloaded the same way as through all the parts in the ED website. I didn't even realize there was DCS world until I finally updated A10 to version 1.2.0 (I think). Then fired it up (A10 worked fine) but I didn't find anyone online. So only after that did I realize the final update was within the DCS world. That's when I bought all the rest of the stuff etc., downloaded it all etc., and the problem started. And I have done numerous downloads and installs (which it all installs perfect) It just won't run. Every single option (DCS world, updater, repair, etc.) all give the same error immediately - within a split second of starting any of the DCS exe's.

I did see that thread, but I'll read it again. Thanks for the help!

SiThSpAwN
Feb-01-2013, 15:02
Yeah, it's the C drive. I let it install to the default location it asked for.

I actually didn't skip the V++Runtime step, but before it started installing, a message window popped up that said I already had a newer version installed. It won't let you install it when it sees the newer version. So then it was skipped :D

And my old version of A10 was standalone. It was downloaded the same way as through all the parts in the ED website. I didn't even realize there was DCS world until I finally updated A10 to version 1.2.0 (I think). Then fired it up (A10 worked fine) but I didn't find anyone online. So only after that did I realize the final update was within the DCS world. That's when I bought all the rest of the stuff etc., downloaded it all etc., and the problem started. And I have done numerous downloads and installs (which it all installs perfect) It just won't run. Every single option (DCS world, updater, repair, etc.) all give the same error immediately - within a split second of starting any of the DCS exe's.

I did see that thread, but I'll read it again. Thanks for the help!

If you want to send me the crash logs I can see if I can have someone look at them, also you did try repairing your V++Runtime, or even reinstalling it, or something?

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-02-2013, 02:43
If you want to send me the crash logs I can see if I can have someone look at them, also you did try repairing your V++Runtime, or even reinstalling it, or something?

I would send you the crash logs if it could possibly make any :D

To give you an idea, the sim hasn't even gone far enough to create a DCS folder under users/xxxx/saved games. Everything I try to load with it results in an immediate 0x00007b error.

As far as the V++Runtime, I've uninstalled and installed every single version, even dating back to 2003 with the same results. :(

Frosty
Feb-02-2013, 07:55
Have you tried deleting everything including going into regedit and removing everything that way as well and then D/Ling Dcs world and then all the modules? Back before the auto updater I had to do that twice to get it installed and working properly. Sith will tell you the nightmares Ive had but now its working properly it was worth it.....except for it crashing everytome I go near the RWR switch LOL. Come on patch 1.2.3....

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-02-2013, 12:26
Have you tried deleting everything including going into regedit and removing everything that way as well and then D/Ling Dcs world and then all the modules? Back before the auto updater I had to do that twice to get it installed and working properly. Sith will tell you the nightmares Ive had but now its working properly it was worth it.....except for it crashing everytome I go near the RWR switch LOL. Come on patch 1.2.3....

I have even gone and installed it on different drives etc. If I get time today, Ill uninstall, get everything out of the registry, and re download it. Thanks for the advice!

SiThSpAwN
Feb-02-2013, 12:36
I have even gone and installed it on different drives etc. If I get time today, Ill uninstall, get everything out of the registry, and re download it. Thanks for the advice!

Make sure you download the latest version, even downloading it again if you have the latest version...

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-02-2013, 15:48
Make sure you download the latest version, even downloading it again if you have the latest version...

Holy cow - it works :D

What I did was go into Control Panel / Uninstall Programs and uninstalled every single instance of V++. Then I ran registry cleaner (ccleaner) again and again until every single issue was resolved. Re-downloaded DCS world and installed it with, this time, it asking me to install V+++. The install went just like before except when asked to run DCS World it actually loaded up :)

Of course, now the problem is going to be when to find time to even play it. I've hardly been able to be on the PC in the last month.

Now hopefully I can get on coms and get some lessons sometime. From remembering A10, the learning curve is horrendous!

Thanks again for all the help gents!

:salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-02-2013, 15:51
Success!!!!

SiThSpAwN
Feb-02-2013, 17:26
Glad to hear it! I hope to start hosting a DCS night over in this neck of the woods, maybe you could join up with us there, be glad to help you get up to speed on A-10, my connections isnt much for more than a few people, but its usually a good time....

Frosty
Feb-02-2013, 20:43
Glad to hear it worked out for you, I'm also willing to help out getting you up to speed on the A10. Since Sith got me hooked on it, its all I ever play anymore. Though I have I feeling I'll be getting IL2 COD soon. Hope to see you in the skies soon!!! :)

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-02-2013, 22:26
Thanks fellas.

Give me about 2 weeks to setup controls :)

Then I'm sure I could use lots of help. :D

Kinex
Feb-03-2013, 03:50
I can only fly the Su25 thant comes free with DCS world..i learned the basic but i need people to play with.

Anyone interested?

SiThSpAwN
Feb-03-2013, 12:40
SO it looks like DCS World will install on a server with no graphics card but it wont run. This is supposed to be rectified sometime this year.

Frosty
Feb-03-2013, 19:01
Thanks fellas.

Give me about 2 weeks to setup controls :)

Then I'm sure I could use lots of help. :D

Just pickup the TM HOTAS warthog, no setup required :P

SiThSpAwN
Feb-05-2013, 12:14
I can only fly the Su25 thant comes free with DCS world..i learned the basic but i need people to play with.

Anyone interested?

I usually try to add the Su25 to my missions for that very reason, if I ever get to host over here sometime I will post here...

Kinex
Feb-07-2013, 07:03
ok i just bought the A10 C..i read about 200 pag of the manual flight taking notes.

Actually I'm getting used to its controls and handlings...i can use the editor and i just created a missione for me with moving target...i have to say...the editor is very very user friendly!!

Frosty
Feb-07-2013, 10:52
I recomend using the HOTAS and startup tutorials over and over again. I did that the first few weeks I had it. Yes it can get tedious but its a good base to build everything else from.

SiThSpAwN
Feb-08-2013, 12:40
ok i just bought the A10 C..i read about 200 pag of the manual flight taking notes.

Actually I'm getting used to its controls and handlings...i can use the editor and i just created a missione for me with moving target...i have to say...the editor is very very user friendly!!

I love the editor, and there is stuff going on with it all the time, it gets more dynamic by each patch. You can do some really cool stuff with missions.

I hope to host a little server this Sunday, if your around and want to jump on, come find me in that ATAG TS in the A-10 room.

71st_AH_Eagle
Feb-12-2013, 22:16
Well welcome to the DCS party Bliss. I currently own only the A-10C and the P-51D mustang but it will slowly grow to include some other aircraft but I honestly prefer CloD over it for the closeness to real life and the things avaliable for it.

Main three problems regarding DCS: the DM is honestly okay compared to IL-2 CloD and feels very simplified (or at least for me), lack of dedicated server files (presently the engine can sustain only about 1/4 of CloD's capabilities), and very okay terrain which may change with the release of the EDGE.

I personally look forward to the new upcoming third party projects and there are a couple that I can probably get alpha testing on since I've spoken with them (VRC and VEO (something like that)). I plan to hopefully get aircraft/ Helios in order to serve in most conflicts. It's quite a list the number of third part devolpers but I'm betting about half will actually get released due to the high demand.

I've also talked to Ralfi and Linebacker for a little. They sometimes have anger issues but they are quite helpful or at least for me.

Hoping to get back in the air soon,
Eagle

Frosty
Feb-17-2013, 13:03
Sith and I will be flying tonight if anyone is interested in joining in. Wheels up at 6:30 pacific, 9:30 eastern. This isnt just a one time deal we normaly fly Sundays for sure with the odd night here and there added in. :salute:

JG52_Krupi
Feb-19-2013, 17:29
I hope to start flying more DCS when the next patch is released and hope we see a ATAG server in time for the downfall of the p-51... okay okay.. arrival of the Fw-190 :devilish:

SiThSpAwN
Feb-19-2013, 17:53
I hope to start flying more DCS when the next patch is released and hope we see a ATAG server in time for the downfall of the p-51... okay okay.. arrival of the Fw-190 :devilish:

Very exciting times, I am trying to figure out how to add vehicles so I can get my 88 into game for a little FLAK action as well :)

Frosty
Feb-22-2013, 21:16
Sith and I will be flying again this sunday for any interested parties. 6:30pst 9:30est

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-04-2013, 19:25
I will be buying this!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-04-2013, 19:36
I will be buying this!

I find the P51D awesome. Flying Clod online means I haven't put nearly the time into DCS that it really needs. When I heard that a FW190 was in the works.......:stunned:

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-04-2013, 19:40
I'm thinking about getting the a-10c not sure about anything else at this point.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-04-2013, 19:46
I'm thinking about getting the a-10c not sure about anything else at this point.

Good on ya, mate! :thumbsup:

I actually got A10C before P51D. It looks and flies terrific on my aging PC, but I'm ashamed to say I've been intimidated by all the hi-tech systems......:ind:

:)

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-04-2013, 20:06
Well I will be learning shortly if you would like a lesson after I figure things out I'd be more than happy to give ya one.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-04-2013, 20:45
Thank you for that generous offer; very much appreciated. I think I will be pretty taken up with the upcoming Team Fusion patch, at least for the next while. Please let us know your impressions of A10C. Will you be getting Combat Arms, as well?

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-04-2013, 20:50
Hopefully my time will be taken up with the patch as well assuming it is getting here soon...I am only going to get the A-10C for the moment. I'll look into the other dcs modules depending on my findings of the warthog.

Injerin
Mar-04-2013, 21:50
I try to play it as much as I can, If anyone is up for it hit me up on-line :) (a-10-c P51 or Flaming cliffs 3)

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-11-2013, 13:02
I just bought the A-10C module this weekend. And at this rate ill be months before I can properly employ and destroy targets with this aircraft.

SiThSpAwN
Mar-11-2013, 13:14
I just bought the A-10C module this weekend. And at this rate ill be months before I can properly employ and destroy targets with this aircraft.

It is intimidating... the detail. But take your time, do the training, focus on one system at a time, you will find it comes easier than you think.

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-11-2013, 13:18
A question on DCS World (that I may know the answer to) It mentioned in it's write up that Flaming Cliffs 3 will work with DCSW but it says nothing of FC2. By this omission I am assuming FC2 is NOT able to work with DCSW?

SiThSpAwN
Mar-11-2013, 13:18
I find the P51D awesome. Flying Clod online means I haven't put nearly the time into DCS that it really needs. When I heard that a FW190 was in the works.......:stunned:

Yup, pretty exciting... the FW-190D-9 will be a very exciting addition :)

SiThSpAwN
Mar-11-2013, 13:24
A question on DCS World (that I may know the answer to) It mentioned in it's write up that Flaming Cliffs 3 will work with DCSW but it says nothing of FC2. By this omission I am assuming FC2 is NOT able to work with DCSW?

Correct, FC3 works with DCS World, FC2 is required to install, but does not work in DCS World.

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-11-2013, 13:29
Thanks ....

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-21-2013, 00:01
I saw people flying a GR.4 Tornado yesterday, what module does it come with anyone know?

Skoshi_Tiger
Mar-21-2013, 09:05
Just got DCS newsletter with a very sexy looking Fw-190D9 picture in it.

SiThSpAwN
Mar-21-2013, 11:39
I saw people flying a GR.4 Tornado yesterday, what module does it come with anyone know?

I dont think that is a flyable plane currently, unless I missed something...

SiThSpAwN
Mar-21-2013, 11:40

Isnt it though :)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-21-2013, 12:21

Same here. Let the good times roll! :thumbsup: