PDA

View Full Version : Radiator problems

Shawn
Feb-02-2013, 15:53
Hi all.

I've played IL2 since the beginning so I'm somewhat familiar with it. The other day I re-installed 'C. o. D.'. I have tried all I can think of and just can't seem to get the radiators (oil and water) to open. I have keys set for them and . . . . nothing.
Anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-02-2013, 15:58
Hi Shawn,

Opening the radiators is achieved differently on different planes, but your key bindings should work without issue. Are you having this issue with all the planes?

Another thing to consider is your realism settings. If you are in single player and don't have all the difficulty settings checked (complex engine management, allow overheat, etc) then I believe you can't adjust the oil/water rads.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-02-2013, 16:52
Hi Shawn,

Opening the radiators is achieved differently on different planes, but your key bindings should work without issue. Are you having this issue with all the planes?

Another thing to consider is your realism settings. If you are in single player and don't have all the difficulty settings checked (complex engine management, allow overheat, etc) then I believe you can't adjust the oil/water rads.

Ah! I'll bet that's it. As Bliss mentions, make sure, under "Complex Engine Management" that you also have the box checked beside "Engine Temperature Effects".

After you've blown up your Merlin a few times, be sure to come back here: we've all been there and done that! LOL. Seriously, we have effective work arounds to keep your Spit in the air without overheating. :thumbsup:

Shawn
Feb-07-2013, 14:19
Thanx for the input. Think I may have mixed up which keys I'd assigned...DOOOHH! Seems to be working now.:)