PDA

View Full Version : Default Skins

GRAF
Feb-04-2013, 09:00
Is it possible to replace the terrible in-game default skins?

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 12:11
Is it possible to replace the terrible in-game default skins?

+1

Blitzen
Feb-04-2013, 18:43
+2

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-04-2013, 20:56
Can you elaborate a little more? What should they be replaced by?

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Feb-04-2013, 21:10
Hello Kitty of course!

Mattias
Feb-04-2013, 21:18
Hello Kitty of course!

Not this one? :D
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1256-Looking-where-to-download-this-skin&highlight=skin

ChiefRedCloud
Feb-04-2013, 21:33
Graf, if I remember correctly is excellent with skinning. Am I mistaken?

Wolf
Feb-04-2013, 23:20
Skining is easy. I can do anything in there. Just need to know what. I am not touching the default skins unless I am asked for something specific to be done. eg. You want better or more pronounced rivits or something. Or a more 3d feel to the extterior skin. Or different colour tyers etc. or you want a new pattern. New patterns and skins should not override the Default skins. They should stay.

We just add more skins to your choice in Dropdown menu.

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 23:53
Skining is easy. I can do anything in there. Just need to know what. I am not touching the default skins unless I am asked for something specific to be done. eg. You want better or more pronounced rivits or something. Or a more 3d feel to the extterior skin. Or different colour tyers etc. or you want a new pattern. New patterns and skins should not override the Default skins. They should stay.

Yes well, maybe some weathering on the default yellow nosed 109... Actually, everything you wrote above! The current default doesnt look so nice compared to the rest of the game :)

III/JG53_Don
Feb-05-2013, 08:00
Should be weathering only applied through the weathering slide menue?
If the default skin gets a weathered yellow nose you are not be able to set it to "factory-fresh" :D

Besides I just think that the 109 looks just a bit too artificial if you know what I mean. More like a model airplane. Maybe something can be done in thsi regard to tone this effect down?

KDN
Feb-05-2013, 08:10
So the answer is: potentially yes :)
...and I too remember Graf and his excellent skills in texturing

SlipBall
Feb-05-2013, 08:22

I like the default skins they seem OK to me. But maybe if it is possible, to when weathering is set to zero, to then get that factory fresh look, and nose art.

Kling
Feb-05-2013, 08:32
Should be weathering only applied through the weathering slide menue?
If the default skin gets a weathered yellow nose you are not be able to set it to "factory-fresh" :D

Besides I just think that the 109 looks just a bit too artificial if you know what I mean. More like a model airplane. Maybe something can be done in thsi regard to tone this effect down?

+1

Wolf
Feb-05-2013, 10:32
+1

So what? You want it to look a bit more 'USED'. I changed my default skin to this. I ramped up the Weathering. Went over on the oil but easy to change now I have set up weathering template.

Also put my new plate on the side ;)

SlipBall
Feb-05-2013, 11:26
Nice Wolf!...no hand prints? :D

Kling
Feb-05-2013, 12:33
So what? You want it to look a bit more 'USED'. I changed my default skin to this. I ramped up the Weathering. Went over on the oil but easy to change now I have set up weathering template.

Also put my new plate on the side ;)

That looks amazing Wolf!!
Now, how do i replace the default 109 skin to that one??

Wolf
Feb-05-2013, 17:59
That looks amazing Wolf!!
Now, how do i replace the default 109 skin to that one??

Well there are two options. I give you the Skin paintscheme in its fully weathered state as you see in the pics above. Then you just copy that into your Paintscheme folder. But you will not get all the depth effects and damage and other effects I have added to layers.

Or you run it as a mod and I give you all the layer files.

Or we have it uploaded for a release in future release. but this needs approval and more touch up.

Kling
Feb-05-2013, 23:27
Well there are two options. I give you the Skin paintscheme in its fully weathered state as you see in the pics above. Then you just copy that into your Paintscheme folder. But you will not get all the depth effects and damage and other effects I have added to layers.

Or you run it as a mod and I give you all the layer files.

Or we have it uploaded for a release in future release. but this needs approval and more touch up.

I can wait! ;)

Kristorf
Feb-15-2013, 01:59
I must admit that the default RAF (Spitfire and Hurricane) skins are pretty poor, with the colouring being 'off' and some close to fantacy (in my humble opinion) :grrr:

It seems that 1C put more there time into the LW stuff then threw the Allied schemes in as an after thought.

Robo.
Feb-15-2013, 03:03
I must admit that the default RAF (Spitfire and Hurricane) skins are pretty poor, with the colouring being 'off' and some close to fantacy (in my humble opinion) :grrr:

It seems that 1C put more there time into the LW stuff then threw the Allied schemes in as an after thought.

Well I would not say that at all, they did a very good job on both sides and both sides have got some annoying issues and mistakes.

Graf and Cpt. Farrel would be the obvious choice for 109s and 110s :thumbsup:

Osprey
Feb-15-2013, 04:20
In my opinion I would like to see them all factory fresh but the weathering slider have a greater range so you can make a brand new aircraft look really battered. I don't know if that's possible though.

I like my Hurricane to look like a real old crate, a rough warhorse with patches 'n all.

Wolf
Feb-15-2013, 06:35
In my opinion I would like to see them all factory fresh but the weathering slider have a greater range so you can make a brand new aircraft look really battered. I don't know if that's possible though.

I like my Hurricane to look like a real old crate, a rough warhorse with patches 'n all.

Yes it can be done. I have also played with the slider to add damage. So it goes from factory new to tare and hole ridden plane.

Tigertooo
Aug-03-2013, 04:12

does this mean one can have acces to the default skin folder?
I'm asking for the following reason:it is known as i read it everywhere, that when one makes a coop sort of mission (i'm using 42Sqn Banks's script for that) and one unticks "show skin" in the "#"tab, and one places a custom skin in the "#" tab, the other pilots see the costom skin overlapped with the default skin.
So is it possible to delete or desactivate the "default skin" for a specific mission?
This could perhaps prevent of showing both default and custom skin being shown on one plane

pippin
Aug-05-2013, 14:20
Where is this game installed is it in the cloud?

Ian