PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft DM

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 13:20
I just discovered Team Fusion 24h ago and i must say that I am very excited about what I see.
I know that there are alot of bugs to be fixed and I understand that, we all do!

My question here is; has TF had time to look at some damage modeling yet? At the moment recieving an oil damage results in the engine stoping with 2 mins and there is nothing you can do about. Would it be possible to extend this time to say maybe 5 mins or so?? IRL one could come back on power in order to try to save the engine.. one could also dive with open rads to try o cool it down a bit. I know that IRL there is no set value for how long one could continue flying, but Clostermann once described how his Spit took some hits over France and started leaking oil and was able to nurse his plane back to England with an increasing oil temp and managed to land his plane at the base, although with a what he explained, a glowing red engine. I understand that leaking glycol will lead to a dead engine after a few mins (although this is also a bit overmodeled in the last offical patch if you ask me) but maybe these things can be looked upon?
The feeling of being able to nurse home a plane with increasing oil temp is a feeling that I currently feel does not exists in CLOD because at this point, no matter how high you are, your engine will quit after a just a 1-2mins....
I understand that this will not be in the first release but is it at all possible to edit these things without the souce code of the game?

Anyway, thx for the great effort TF!

Best regards

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2013, 13:58
Just a heads up on an earlier post made by one of the senior creators of Team Fusion, Colander:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3162-May-i-ask-some-questions&p=29429&viewfull=1#post29429

Although this post is only a few days old it's already been buried by subsequent threads (including mine :D). I have to admit that I'm as excited as you are about the improvements and fixes being done to this great sim. :thumbsup:

I hasten to add, this is a great topic and let's keep the discussion rolling. We just can't expect any answers or response by TF at this time on specific issues.

Snapper

Salmo
Feb-04-2013, 17:01
I just discovered Team Fusion 24h ago and i must say that I am very excited about what I see.
I know that there are alot of bugs to be fixed and I understand that, we all do!

My question here is; has TF had time to look at some damage modeling yet? At the moment recieving an oil damage results in the engine stoping with 2 mins and there is nothing you can do about. Would it be possible to extend this time to say maybe 5 mins or so?? IRL one could come back on power in order to try to save the engine.. one could also dive with open rads to try o cool it down a bit. I know that IRL there is no set value for how long one could continue flying, but Clostermann once described how his Spit took some hits over France and started leaking oil and was able to nurse his plane back to England with an increasing oil temp and managed to land his plane at the base, although with a what he explained, a glowing red engine. I understand that leaking glycol will lead to a dead engine after a few mins (although this is also a bit overmodeled in the last offical patch if you ask me) but maybe these things can be looked upon?
The feeling of being able to nurse home a plane with increasing oil temp is a feeling that I currently feel does not exists in CLOD because at this point, no matter how high you are, your engine will quit after a just a 1-2mins....
I understand that this will not be in the first release but is it at all possible to edit these things without the souce code of the game?

Anyway, thx for the great effort TF!

Best regards

I get that you're new here, but please, please, enough with the questions. We do not want the ATAG forum to turn into a BannanaForum type gripe/complaint/whatif/Cant you fix/Why didn't you do this/Cant anything be done about fest!

TF is aware of the many game issues & is working to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. I am confident you will not be disappointed with the forthcoming improvements.

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 17:25
Enough with questions?!? I have asked two questions. One was if its possible to delay icing in clouds and this queston whether its possible to delay engine seizure after an oil leak... Thats hardly asking loads of questions in my book. I have no idea what is possible without the source code. But if noone brings up ideas etc etc many things might, I say might, go missed. As i pointed out, i know it wont make it into the first release but if I dont ask here where else should I ask?

Salmo
Feb-04-2013, 17:33
Enough with questions?!? I have asked two questions. One was if its possible to delay icing in clouds and this queston whether its possible to delay engine seizure after an oil leak... Thats hardly asking loads of questions in my book. I have no idea what is possible without the source code. But if noone brings up ideas etc etc many things might, I say might, go missed. As i pointed out, i know it wont make it into the first release but if I dont ask here where else should I ask?

You clearly did not read this ...

... In other words, The team is trying to tackle one issue at the time in order of priority as it affects game play and is only when looking at the specific issue being addressed that the team finds out if is even possible and/or how difficult it will be. Because of the above, the team can not confirm or deny any changes/additions will ever make it until they are done.

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 17:40
You clearly did not read this ...

... In other words, The team is trying to tackle one issue at the time in order of priority as it affects game play and is only when looking at the specific issue being addressed that the team finds out if is even possible and/or how difficult it will be. Because of the above, the team can not confirm or deny any changes/additions will ever make it until they are done.

Yes I read it before. What makes you think I didnt read it?! And where does it say "dont come with suggestions"?!

I think you misunderstand me Salmo, Im asking if its possible without the souce code to do DM changes.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2013, 17:44
Hmmmm. I think we need a new forum section, or thread, where questions, ideas, thoughts, wishlists, etc can be freely expressed without TF feeling any obligation whatsoever in reading, much less responding.

I fully support and empathize with Team Fusion's wish to work independently and attack problems as best befits their schedule, tools at hand, established priorities, etc. So be it. Makes sense.

OTOH, the ATAG Forum cannot become a place where legit questions are squelched, ideas are banned, and free expression of Clod-related thoughts are prohibited. Kling has raised some good questions, as have others. Obviously there is no obligation on TF's part to consider them, much less respond. I will start a separate thread for the express purpose for non-TF forum members, such as VA_Kling and myself, to discuss possible future Clod improvements. If some are already being addressed by TF -- fantastic! No harm, no foul. And if not, then this new thread may be a handy resource for future TEam Fusion work.

BTW: Team Fusion members will certainly be welcome to enter this thread, at their own risk, of course. Just leave all guns and knives with the bartender! LOL

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 17:49
Hmmmm. I think we need a new forum section, or thread, where questions, ideas, thoughts, wishlists, etc can be freely expressed without TF feeling any obligation whatsoever in reading, much less responding.

I fully support and empathize with Team Fusion's wish to work independently and attack problems as best befits their schedule, tools at hand, established priorities, etc. So be it. Makes sense.

OTOH, the ATAG Forum cannot become a place where legit questions are squelched, ideas are banned, and free expression of Clod-related thoughts are prohibited. Kling has raised some good questions, as have others. Obviously there is no obligation on TF's part to consider them, much less respond. I will start a separate thread for the express purpose for non-TF forum members, such as VA_Kling and myself, to discuss possible future Clod improvements. If some are already being addressed by TF -- fantastic! No harm, no foul. And if not, then this new thread may be a handy resource for future TEam Fusion work.

BTW: Team Fusion members will certainly be welcome to enter this thread, at their own risk, of course. Just leave all guns and knives with the bartender! LOL

Sounds like a great idea and maybe just maybe TF might get some idea from there if they dare to enter :P

I was missing a forum with suggestions. I do understand that we do not want a new bananaforum. Noone wants that! If you do decide to open a forum for questions and suggestions Snapper, let me know! :)

Mattias
Feb-04-2013, 17:54
I will start a separate thread for the express purpose for non-TF forum members, such as VA_Kling and myself, to discuss possible future Clod improvements. If some are already being addressed by TF -- fantastic! No harm, no foul. And if not, then this new thread may be a handy resource for future TEam Fusion work.

:salute:

Excellent idea Snapper!
Personally I sometimes go through old posts in the banana forum for inspiration/ideas, but I much rather have a civil thread here to visit :D

Cheers/m

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2013, 18:09
OK, here it is, creatively titled "Clod Wishlist" (Hey, it was all I could come up with at short notice!) LOL

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3225-Clod-Wishlist

Hey, I have tremendous respect for Salmo, Colander, and the huge work they and thevrest of Team Fusion are doing. They only have so much resources, tools, team members, etc etc to work with. Plus, if they don't stay focused, they won't succeed. We need only to look at MG's failure to see that.

Out of respect for TF, let's give them some breathing space. But let's not stop the flow of ideas, either. Please join me at the thread I've linked to above and keep the discussions going! :thumbsup:

Kling
Feb-04-2013, 18:19
OK, here it is, creatively titled "Clod Wishlist" (Hey, it was all I could come up with at short notice!) LOL

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3225-Clod-Wishlist

Hey, I have tremendous respect for Salmo, Colander, and the huge work they and thevrest of Team Fusion are doing. They only have so much resources, tools, team members, etc etc to work with. Plus, if they don't stay focused, they won't succeed. We need only to look at MG's failure to see that.

Out of respect for TF, let's give them some breathing space. But let's not stop the flow of ideas, either. Please join me at the thread I've linked to above and keep the discussions going! :thumbsup:

+1

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Feb-04-2013, 18:26
Good idea Snapper!

Just to be a pain, would it be possible to start a thread where TF can post any updates they have. I.e screen shots etc.

Like many Im constantly watching the forum for any news. There's a lot of excited fly boy fan boys, loving the work they are doing!

Just an idea

Kiwi

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-04-2013, 18:35
Good idea Snapper!

Just to be a pain, would it be possible to start a thread where TF can post any updates they have. I.e screen shots etc.

Like many Im constantly watching the forum for any news. There's a lot of excited fly boy fan boys, loving the work they are doing!

Just an idea

Kiwi

Hi Kiwi -- you're such a pain! LOL

The short answer is probably "no". Much as I would personally love to see something like this, I believe that TF needs to stay clear of that in case, for an example, a feature they enabled today may need to be removed or radically altered tomorrow to facilitate ongoing work elsewhere. I am not a TF member, so I'm just theorizing.

OTOH, Bliss and others have been generous enough to prick (heh heh heh ....He said "prick", Beavis!) our interest with little teasers on a pretty regular basis.

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Feb-04-2013, 18:58
Hear ya loud and clear! :salute:

Painful Kiwi:thumbsup: