PDA

View Full Version : Mission Installation?

DRock
Jan-15-2020, 18:27
Is there detailed instructions on installing these missions?

I'd like to try a few, but I get lost whenever I attempt it, or it doesn't work right.

ATAG_Freya
Jan-15-2020, 22:26
Hey DRock! I think missions go in 1csoftclub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/missions/ *then either the single or multi folder - depending on what it is.

:salute:

edits it: The "mission" itself should be in a folder, and in that folder there will be .mis files, .cs files and probly more folders but it can vary, but as long as you got the 'main' mission folder, that's what counts. I do have a help line, and for just 2.99$/minute I can walk you through it. Slowly. Just shout! ~S~

DRock
Jan-16-2020, 07:29
Thanks, Freya.

After unzipping files, do I need to keep them in their own folder, or just transfer them as they are?

I tried installing the bombing accuracy map, but there is no pylon, and no distance from target call out. I could fly in that map, though. I was told the files should be kept together.

ATAG_Freya
Jan-16-2020, 10:07
OK I think I see it now, when you unzip the file you get a folder called 'bombsight practice'. INSIDE that folder is a folder of the same name, and that is the folder you want to cut and paste into your single mission folder in the path I mentioned above. That should work, lemme know if it doesn't and I'll test it out this eve. I need to practice up anyways...

~S~

ATAG_Scones
Jan-16-2020, 11:00
Hey, DRock

Here is a screenshot of my installation:

How it looks in game:

The orange circles are the folders.

:salute:

DRock
Jan-16-2020, 11:29
Thanks a lot, Guys. This is great info.

Thanks to Oskar, too, for offering help.

I’ll try this stuff this afternoon.:salute:

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-16-2020, 15:27
Hey DRock,
You may also want to try the below mission (credits to Rostic :thumbsup:).
It puts you on a north heading at 5000m aligned with Coquelles runway in a He-111 (you can change to another type).
There are markers on the airfield to measure distance between center of target and first bomb to last bomb in a series.
Great for testing different series delays settings as you can visualize and measure the hits.
Beware, there is a 15ms wind from the west.

DRock
Jan-16-2020, 15:42
I may need a hand with extraction part. Not sure what to do here.

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-16-2020, 16:03
I may need a hand with extraction part. Not sure what to do here.

What? Extract a zip file? Just double-click on it, no?...

Otherwise try with this: https://www.7-zip.org/

DRock
Jan-16-2020, 16:29
I'll get someone's help on TS sometime.

DRock
Jan-16-2020, 20:14
OK, figured out the Bombsight Practice.

Are the Campaign downloads done the same way, but in mission>Campaign folder?

Still a few more questions, but easier on TS.

Thanks again, Guys.:thumbsup:

DRock
Jan-16-2020, 21:22
works!

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-17-2020, 02:07
works!

56 meters. Not bad :thumbsup: