PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you TF guys know what is causing the "grass bug"?

Kling
Feb-05-2013, 14:01
I hav had this issue since a 2-3 patches back and I also posted in the bananaforum...
Its extremely annoying and forces me to switch grass to OFF.

I only see grass in a circle of say 10m around my AC.. and it only loads in patches..
check my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evYNOoy2_uY

ATAG_Slipstream
Feb-05-2013, 20:15
Hi Kling,

We are aware of the issue, and if we can fix it we will. But as always, no promises on the timescale :thumbsup:

Regards.

Kling
Feb-05-2013, 23:20
Hi Kling,

We are aware of the issue, and if we can fix it we will. But as always, no promises on the timescale :thumbsup:

Regards.

I thought I was alone with this issue!
Well then... one day down the line maybe! :)

Thx for the reply

ATAG_Slipstream
Feb-06-2013, 16:59
No your definitely not the only one, I have the issue too and I know so do quite a few others.

~S~

Tte. Costa
Feb-06-2013, 18:39
Same here :(

buster_dee
Feb-06-2013, 19:22
I'm such an eye-candy junkie I used to just say, "Oh, look how nice that looks.....there it is again."

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-06-2013, 19:30
I'm such an eye-candy junkie I used to just say, "Oh, look how nice that looks.....there it is again."

Hahaha! You're definitely a "glass-is-half-full" guy! :thumbsup:

To the OP -- yeah, I get it, too. At first it distracted the hell out of me on the take off roll, now I scarcely seem to notice it. Hope it gets fixed, though.

Kling
Feb-06-2013, 19:35

To the OP -- yeah, I get it, too. At first it distracted the hell out of me on the take off roll, now I scarcely seem to notice it. Hope it gets fixed, though.

Im happy im not the only one if that makes sense. If everyone has it it might be something that will be looked at at some point in the future. :)

Im just glad itd not only on my system.
Just out of intrest, what kind of Videocard do u guys have? Mine is a 1,5GB Gtx 580. Maybe its a VRAM issue?! Do guys with 3Gigs of VRAM have it too?

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-06-2013, 19:42
Interesting question. I have a GTX 680 with 2 Gigs of VRAM. I also have Land Shading turned up to "high" ( which affects how the surrounding landscape is rendered).

ATAG_Slipstream
Feb-06-2013, 19:44
ATI 5850 here, 1GB VRAM as far as I remember.

Mastiff
Feb-06-2013, 20:13
same issue 4gb 10m circle.

ATAG_Ribbs
Feb-06-2013, 20:20

Snapper.. Dont you mean a "Grass" is half full guy?... haha

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-06-2013, 22:53
Snapper.. Dont you mean a "Grass" is half full guy?... haha

Yeah, mon! :thumbsup:

:)

ATAG_Colander
Feb-06-2013, 23:00
This is the solution for that issue:

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/4/2010/07/lawn-mower-bike.jpg

Kling
Feb-07-2013, 02:19
same issue 4gb 10m circle.

Just to confirm, I think it always loaded only within a few meters, but problem now is that it loads within 10m and then as you roll forward there is nothing and then BAM suddenly it loads and then nothing and BAM etc etc... It doesnt load in a smooth way and this came just a few patches ago. I thought that it maybe was my fault for having changed something in the conf.ini or Nvidia settings but whatever I do I cant get rid of it. Its even more obvious when i fly low over some the more yellowish fields at a very low alt.
Anyway, i just wanted to confirm that we are talking about the same issue.

Maybe its possible to look into the files structure of earlier patches of the game where this issiue did not exist.??

Anyway, TF has more important things to do right now, I just want to bring up the issue :)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 11:28
I have the same issue.

I had this when I was running 2xGTX570 (1.25GB VRAM each)
I still have this issue with GTX670 4GB VRAM

CanvasKnight
May-15-2013, 19:49
I have the same issue. It didn't happen that way before, and it also loaded at farther distances, but now it's doing the patching thing and it's really ugly. I wonder what's causing it. Granted I haven't played in a long time, almost a year, so there have probably been several patches in between now and then that could have caused it. I'm using a GTX 580 as well.

Kling
May-15-2013, 20:12
I have the same issue. It didn't happen that way before, and it also loaded at farther distances, but now it's doing the patching thing and it's really ugly. I wonder what's causing it. Granted I haven't played in a long time, almost a year, so there have probably been several patches in between now and then that could have caused it. I'm using a GTX 580 as well.

TF have aknowledged the bug and are aware of it. Its pretty far down on the priority though.

Since it came in the third last official patch it must be something that changed in the code in that specific patch..

We shalö wait and see ;)

Oersted
May-16-2013, 04:54
Just chiming in to say I have it too. No biggie when just playing the sim, but a bit of a pain when moviemaking... Had to go through all sorts of time-consuming contortions for the low-flying sequences of the movie I'm finishing up right now. It happens over all sorts of 'vegetation' (i.e. the different kinds of fields), and not just the grass.

buster_dee
May-16-2013, 19:01
I have the same issue.

I had this when I was running 2xGTX570 (1.25GB VRAM each)
I still have this issue with GTX670 4GB VRAM

I have a 2G GTX670 PE from MSI. I didn't even know a 4G existed.

Bugger! Should have done more homework.