PDA

View Full Version : New Tomahawk MkII skins by Major Setback

ATAG_Pattle
Jan-18-2020, 20:00
TFS 5.0 Tomahawk MkII KJ-B flown by Johnny Van Nus 4 Sqn SAAF June 1942.

TFS 5.0 Tomahawk MkII DB-D flown by F/O Aitken 2 Sqn SAAF Libya end of 1941.

SAAF roundels have an orange centre, which can be seen in the screenshots.

Cheers,

Pattle

IIJG27Rich
Jan-18-2020, 20:21
Very nice :thumbsup: :salute:

ATAG_TCP
Jan-19-2020, 06:12
Loving all the new content updates! And some neat new nose art from Setback! ;)

major_setback
Jan-19-2020, 17:33
I made a mistake on one of the emblems which should have had a white background. So here are some updated screenshots:

Cheers

Mysticpuma
Jan-20-2020, 06:52
Hi Pattle, MS.
Regarding the skins, will v5.00 support 4K skins? Second question has it been possible to fix the noseart code so the noseart option now works? Cheers, MP

TWC_Padre
Jan-20-2020, 10:59
I made a mistake on one of the emblems which should have had a white background. So here are some updated screenshots:

Nice work, however there is one other mistake that you've made. You're not the only one that has made this mistake, I've seen it made by others. The registration markings on the starboard fuselage is not the same marking on the port fuselage. For example (I'll be using the "O" to represent the roundel): if my planes registration is VKOP then it must be the same on both sides of the fuselage. In the screenshots of your skins, your port registration reads DBOD but your starboard registration reads DODB. I get that it makes things easier for symmetry sake, but one does not equal the other, and in real life would have everyone thinking that they are communicating about 2 different aircraft.

kashiide
Jan-20-2020, 11:03
Hi Neil

Yes nose art should be available

Hi Pattle, MS.
Regarding the skins, will v5.00 support 4K skins? Second question has it been possible to fix the noseart code so the noseart option now works? Cheers, MP

LARRY69
Jan-20-2020, 15:49
Nice work, however there is one other mistake that you've made. You're not the only one that has made this mistake, I've seen it made by others. The registration markings on the starboard fuselage is not the same marking on the port fuselage. For example (I'll be using the "O" to represent the roundel): if my planes registration is VKOP then it must be the same on both sides of the fuselage. In the screenshots of your skins, your port registration reads DBOD but your starboard registration reads DODB. I get that it makes things easier for symmetry sake, but one does not equal the other, and in real life would have everyone thinking that they are communicating about 2 different aircraft.

It's not quite that simple. First of all, we have to state here whether we are aiming at a simplification of the squadron codes for the flight simulation or whether we are talking about historical accuracy. The placement of the two-digit squadron codes from a historical perspective could fill a book. Simply put: It depends on the respective squadron, at which time, at which theatre of war. It is impossible to establish a standard. And that's not enough, you see several variants during the same flight on planes of the same squadron

major_setback
Jan-20-2020, 16:45

Please send examples of this on the Tomahawk. All examples I've seen are the opposite of what you describe.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010398-172-airfix-curtiss-p-40b-tomahawk-112-sqn/&do=findComment&comment=2510847

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/X9gAAOSwXxxdnE2C/s-l1600.jpg

Cheers

major_setback
Jan-21-2020, 07:26

cheers

TWC_Padre
Jan-21-2020, 13:18
Please send examples of this on the Tomahawk. All examples I've seen are the opposite of what you describe.

I stand corrected. I could not find any examples of Tomahawks with registration markings as I had described. :faceslap:

Mysticpuma
Jan-21-2020, 14:03
Hi Neil

Yes nose art should be available

Wow! That's impressive to hear and much appreciated. I look forward to having a play with it :thumbsup:

Cheers Mysticpuma