PDA

View Full Version : 109 pulls off remarkable flick recovery

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-06-2013, 18:40
Filmed this about 2 hours ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNiGQhyWWc&

Pretty impressive manoeuvring right there that 109....

LG1.Farber
Feb-06-2013, 19:07
Totally legit in last Steam patch. You stamp the rudder instantly as you feel the stall coming and it cancels the spin... I can do it till the cows come home. Split second timing is critical. No foul activity here, just good flying.

JG52_Krupi
Feb-06-2013, 19:13
?

Nothing wrong there, you can feel the aircraft beginning to slide, if you are quick enough you can pull it back just like you do when your coming out of a snap roll.

Nothing dodgy at all just quick reactions, the 109 in CoD is very jittery.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 03:19
?

Nothing wrong there, you can feel the aircraft beginning to slide, if you are quick enough you can pull it back just like you do when your coming out of a snap roll.

Nothing dodgy at all just quick reactions, the 109 in CoD is very jittery.

You can feel the A/C beginning to slide?
Pause the frame. His nose is pointing downward! DOWNWARD!

There's no "feeling the beginning to slide" involved. He's pointing at the ground, with his aircraft moving sideways in exceed of 250kmh, at 1,000ft.

LG1.Farber
Feb-07-2013, 06:22
You can feel the A/C beginning to slide?
Pause the frame. His nose is pointing downward! DOWNWARD!

There's no "feeling the beginning to slide" involved. He's pointing at the ground, with his aircraft moving sideways in exceed of 250kmh, at 1,000ft.

DOWNWARD! DOWNWARD?! DOWNWARD! :stunned:

and... its a left hand turn... the left wing usually stalls first, it buffets, wobbles and makes a noise. Very unlike the Hurri or spit. - like its supposed to be, then he kicked the rudder at the crucial second and saved it. I and other 109 pilots have done it many times.

Mattias
Feb-07-2013, 06:39
DOWNWARD! DOWNWARD?! DOWNWARD! :stunned:

and... its a left hand turn... the left wing usually stalls first, it buffets, wobbles and makes a noise. Very unlike the Hurri or spit. - like its supposed to be, then he kicked the rudder at the crucial second and saved it. I and other 109 pilots have done it many times.

I agree -I see nothing strange here.

Keep in mind the netcode is not 100% accurate at all times, so the stall might look a bit different from your point of view.
Genreally speaking, temporary rubberbanding can cause a lot of funny looking effect. Not long ago on a private server I was on the 6 of a hurri and he rubberbanded back on my 6 and gave me a burst. From my point of view it looked like the hurri pulled some kind of airbrake and from his point of view it must have looked like I injected some rocket fuel :D
Even though this kind of rubberbanding is very rare on ATAG, it can still happen if one of the human players have a temporary drop in connection speed.

Cheers/m

VO101_Tom
Feb-07-2013, 07:22
Hi.

V.4_Pogi is a well trained Hungarian veteran, what He made, the Spin recovery in the initial phase, is a known maneuver (You can read more from it: "Incipient Spin Recovery (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Incipient+Spin+Recovery)"). If you react fast enough (He use FF joy), you "gather all control to opposite corner", you have good chance to keep the control of the a/c. The plane will slide (as you see on the video), and you have to use the aileron too, but the plane will not Spin.

The clod FM have many falults and do weird things, but Pogi do nothing weird here, this maneuver is frequent in clod if you fly on the limits.

S!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 08:32
Hi.

V.4_Pogi is a well trained Hungarian veteran, what He made, the Spin recovery in the initial phase, is a known maneuver (You can read more from it: "Incipient Spin Recovery (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Incipient+Spin+Recovery)"). If you react fast enough (He use FF joy), you "gather all control to opposite corner", you have good chance to keep the control of the a/c. The plane will slide (as you see on the video), and you have to use the aileron too, but the plane will not Spin.
The clod FM have many falults and do weird things, but Pogi do nothing weird here, this maneuver is frequent in clod if you fly on the limits.
S!

Thank-you Tom.
I'm aware of the symmetrical stall/ incipent spin.
I'm surprised one can recover from this, given the specific attitude shown in the clip, and with no apparent impact on the aircraft's momentum (see the trail of vented material).

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 08:45
Keep in mind the netcode is not 100% accurate at all times, so the stall might look a bit different from your point of view.

Thanks. perhaps if the incipient stall recovery that Tom is talking about just happened to coincide with a net-code lag event that might explain what occurred.

5./JG27 Max Schneider
Feb-07-2013, 09:39
I actually dont think there was any lag at all. Really in cases like this it is more of a "skidded turn stall" which results in an incipient spin. When the 109 stalls out in a turn, it usually still has a decent amount of rudder authority at the very very beginning. E.g. when he caught it. You lose the aileron authority immediately. If you catch a stall BEFORE it becomes a full blown spin (quick opposite rudder and neutralize ailerons, you can sometimes (not every time) get out of it if you react quickly enough. It is very difficult to react and it can be disorienting because the 109 has a distinct tendency to snap roll violently on entry into a skidded turn stall (as is normal).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYHNO2kvuZI

LG1.Farber
Feb-18-2013, 11:26
In this video you can see how to do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZaaynmqqo&feature=youtu.be

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-18-2013, 11:43
In this video you can see how to do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZaaynmqqo&feature=youtu.be

This is an EXCELLENT instructional video, Farber. :dthumb:

Edit: I've copied this post as an instructional thread (stickied) in our "Planes, planes, planes" sub-forum. Thanks for taking the time to produce this video and sharing it. As I commented in Youtube, you've no doubt saved many "virtual" lives this day!