PDA

View Full Version : Yet one more video of the amazing 109 in action

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-06-2013, 18:56
Displaying turn capability well beyond my spit IIa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4wtqWvX9E

LG1.Farber
Feb-06-2013, 19:32
Coincidence? - yes. Which server and ho many players? Have you checked out my vid about net code?

Check out the funky stuff in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CGaMyvyc8&list=PL86IUXXu2hjjfKa4weOXK7fCaD6OvyDsZ

III./ZG76_Saipan
Feb-06-2013, 22:28
cant see the vid. never mind got it.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 03:31
Coincidence? - yes. Which server and ho many players? Have you checked out my vid about net code?

Check out the funky stuff in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CGaMyvyc8&list=PL86IUXXu2hjjfKa4weOXK7fCaD6OvyDsZ

Locally hosted server. 6 players.

LG1.Farber
Feb-07-2013, 06:18
Players pings? Ask Bliss about the net code, he will tell you all about it.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 08:11
Players pings? Ask Bliss about the net code, he will tell you all about it.

You'r right, could have been net code. I'm not willing to declare it as some kind of exploit. However, it seems odd to me that the "lag" only appears to occur when the enemy is at a near-to-solution angle vis-a-vis my guns. AND, not other aircraft on the server (including this guys squad mate were exhibiting this "feature"..

I still think it was suspicious, however I'm not going to declare guilt ;)

102.VO_Herr_Laca
Feb-07-2013, 10:03
You'r right, could have been net code. I'm not willing to declare it as some kind of exploit. However, it seems odd to me that the "lag" only appears to occur when the enemy is at a near-to-solution angle vis-a-vis my guns. AND, not other aircraft on the server (including this guys squad mate were exhibiting this "feature"..

I still think it was suspicious, however I'm not going to declare guilt ;)

Learn to shoot rather, aerial to fight.:)

vranac
Feb-07-2013, 11:28
pstyle, pogi is a very good pilot and very good in defensive maneuvers. He also like to turn with spits :D

VO101_Tom
Feb-07-2013, 13:04
He also like to turn with spits :D

Nobody is perfect :D

palker
Feb-07-2013, 13:14
Looks like you consider near everything suspicious. I to often think that there is something suspicious about something but 99% of times it is my ego trying to compensate for my butt being kicked.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 13:21
Looks like you consider near everything suspicious. I to often think that there is something suspicious about something but 99% of times it is my ego trying to compensate for my butt being kicked.

That's an awfully suspicious thing to say.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Feb-07-2013, 13:30

+1

DK_
Feb-07-2013, 13:55

+1 again.

Just look at ATAG_Headshot's AAR video where he beats 109's in their perceived dominance in the vertical fights. He also out turns and out flys pretty much every enemy he comes across in the video. He takes a lot of damage and is even missing half of his horizontal elevator by the end. That would be just another example of the "amazing Spit in action" if I was to entertain my bias and make excuses for my poor flying of the 109 when I get blown apart time after time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FjIKMi9B95Y

Please don't take this as a personal attack because it is not. I'm just trying to convey that it's too easy to not realize that ALL the planes can do amazing things when the pilot does the right things at the right times with the sticks and pedals. Is there room for FM improvement? Absolutely, we all know it is not 100% accurate (never will be) and we all have our own thoughts on what should be different.

Flying a 109 I have been attacked by Huris and Spits and couldn't out dive or out climb them. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe I didn't realize they had greater energy state and it was hopeless, maybe there where two of them, high and low, and it seemed like no matter what I couldn't shake the one aircraft....dunno.

By the way I agree with a lot of your thoughts and posts, such as you input on the wishlist thread, and value your opinions.

Cheers!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-07-2013, 17:50
Please don't take this as a personal attack because it is not. I'm just trying to convey that it's too easy to not realize that ALL the planes can do amazing things when the pilot does the right things at the right times with the sticks and pedals. Is there room for FM improvement? Absolutely, we all know it is not 100% accurate (never will be) and we all have our own thoughts on what should be different.

No offence taken, your point is well made.

Much better to hear this kind of reasoning than the comparisons to egotism above.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-07-2013, 18:48
No offence taken, your point is well made.

Much better to hear this kind of reasoning than the comparisons to egotism above.

:)

Continu0
Feb-07-2013, 19:00
As a 109-Pilot, I would say there are 2 or 3 lags in that video... No way I can roll my 109 that fast and I`ve been flying it for a while now... not long, but a while...

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-08-2013, 05:09
As a 109-Pilot, I would say there are 2 or 3 lags in that video... No way I can roll my 109 that fast and I`ve been flying it for a while now... not long, but a while...

Thanks ContinuO

I'm not sure to believe now. Everyone seems very confident in their opinion on all sides ;)