PDA

View Full Version : 8. Feb - Update

Continu0
Feb-08-2013, 07:03
Don`t know who is interested, but there are some news:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/topic/168-developer-diary/#entry9116

First Screenshot of a 109 and a pilot are also available...

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-08-2013, 07:27
Thanks for posting this, Continu0. :D

Skoshi_Tiger
Feb-08-2013, 08:55
I find it interesting to see which questions they choose to answer.

14) Will I be able to land safely a real plane after flying in the new simulator?

I don't know. And I ask you, if you decide to try then do it in deserted places. This was the best question in this series so far

I actually found landing real planes a bit easier than any of the simulations I've used. I know I only flew Pipers and Cessna 152's when I did my GA licence, but I never cashed a real plane even once. Can't say that for flight sims! I think it has got something to do with lack of depth perception and being able to judge when to flare out!

11) Stated that the development of the game has a limited budget, which will last until the beginning of 2014. Have you thought about the Kickstarter as possible to increase the budget? You refused it or remember about this opportunity?

(Albert) We remember about this. But we have our own idea of ​​how to use this site. I personally don't want to take the money just for the promise to do something. "The promise does not mean that the act will be committed" as we say in Russia.

(Jason) As we have shown the past 3 years, we are always looking for new ways to ensure that this genre does not die, but we do not take promises we make to the community lightly. Using crowdsourcing options is not something we would do flippantly. However, as the market continues to change and demands of the community evolve we will seriously consider all options available.

I hope he means "legal ways". I would hate to buy a simulation that has been subsidised by money laundering operations for the "Russian Mafia" or the development team having wearing fishnet stockings on street corners! :D

Blitzen
Feb-19-2013, 15:11
Am I the only one to wish they would sprinkle a few more screenshots in their Updates?:-)

BlitzPig_EL
Apr-13-2013, 12:14
I'm surprised I see no comments on this quote...

BoS will be created primarily as a game for a single player.

Seems 777/1C Studios are really scaling back expectations.

I know that if there is no, or limited online content, they won't get my money.

I don't play much anymore, but when I do it's online.