PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak Etiquette

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-10-2013, 12:48
Hi everyone,

I've received a few complaints lately regarding the Red Channel about

1) Gratuitous swearing -- this is not about the odd curse during active combat, this is about continual F-bombs being dropped during normal Teamspeak chat. This is unacceptable, especially since we have younger players joining us, plus many of us run speakers which can be heard by family members in other rooms. Also, many of us simply don't care to hear "f'ing this" or "f' that" all the time. If anyone can't control their language, then please respect your fellow players and get off Teamspeak, or move down off the common channel.

2) Continuous prattle -- not asking for strict radio silence here by any means. I think most of us know to what I'm referring here. A steady conversation between two or more players on a busy TS channel frequently discourages other players from interrupting to get a word in edgewise. Plus, it's a total immersion- killer for everyone else. What is totally, utterly unforgiveable is someone calling out "109!" and the conversation continues!!!! Again, if continuous conversation is your thing, please move down from the common channel out of respect for your fellow players.

I invite discussion but not a witch hunt, so please no-name calling or finger-pointing. If the problem(s) above continue, please pop me a PM with details. I will handle it discreetly, tactfully, and firmly. Hey, I'd be the first to say I can be guilty of (2) above, although I know when to bloody well shut up when someone shouts "109!"!

Thanks everyone. Please spread the word on TS of what Snapper is biatchin' about now in case any guilty parties haven't stopped by the forum lately. :D