PDA

View Full Version : Version lock

LG1.Farber
Feb-10-2013, 18:42
What about rolling out the version lock / anti cheat first? - this way we can see if anyones tallies drop off before they can blame it on "different flight models"... Just a thought. It would be interesting to see who stopped flying for a while and or if there points dropped off on various servers.... :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-10-2013, 19:16
Heh, I like your thinking! :devilish:

Like everyone, I've wondered a few times at some things that I've seen. TBH, I've been shot down a lot of times and I've sincerely felt, at least in recent months, that the kills were legit -- generally through my ineptitude coupled to the other guy's flying skill and marksmanship.

Things that got me killed quickly:

1) Not paying attention. Failing to check six, head stuck in the cockpit, admiring the scenery, etc.

2) Climbing up to a 109 to engage. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

3) Not watching my e state. Speed/altitude is life.

4) Prolonged pursuit of a target. Be it bomber or fighter, every second in pursuit is another second I've handed the enemy to pick me off. Target fixation comes to mind, here.

5) Bad CEM on my part. I've got enough hours on Merlins to thoroughly know its limitations and how to get the most out of them. Overheating one is carelessness on my part.

6) Dumb, bad luck.

7) Just plain outflown, outsmarted, outshot by my opponent. Yeah, I know, hard to believe.....

For a long time I had FRAPS running in the background and a button on my joystick ready to start recording -- all to catch some impossible feat of aerodynamics on video. Eventually I gave up, and I usually fly at least once per day.

I'm not saying nothing funny was going on, I just never positively spotted anything in past months.

All the same, the version security of the upcoming Team Fusion patch will be good, even if it's just for everyone's confidence that we're all playing the same game.

LG1.Farber
Feb-10-2013, 19:37
Indeed Snapper and i believe this if anything would lay allot of fears to rest... So if anything it would be great practice to roll it out first! This might also solve allot of post mod accusations that people were cheating... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

I see what your saying Snapper but you are right, take a video and replay it... Usually you see your mistake... but there is sometimes those other cases... Lets face it, any game has online "renegades". - Lets out them.

P.S. This is something that has been suggested in various mods in IL2's history but never would the modders do it and never in IL2's history was such a thing as Kegetys unpacker so readily available! - Come on, let's see who the kegety boys are! :devilish:

Storm of War servers will do it if ATAG does it and I am sure the other public servers would do it also... :thumbsup:

DUI
Feb-11-2013, 16:01
Things that got me killed quickly:
(...)
Nice overview of the points that surely got everyone of us already killed a hundred times. :doh:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-11-2013, 16:04
Anyone who cheats on a server with a Team Fusion patch installed may find they regret that decision... :recon:

vranac
Feb-11-2013, 16:14
Anyone who cheats on a server with a Team Fusion patch installed may find they regret that decision... :recon:

:)

SlipBall
Feb-11-2013, 17:06
Steady on the nerves men :maddriver:

Salmo
Feb-11-2013, 17:53
Anyone who cheats on a server with a Team Fusion patch installed may find they regret that decision.

Hi Farber,
If I understand it correctly, Kegety's will not be functional in the TF updates?
Perhaps someone could clarify here.

What Buzz said ....

LG1.Farber
Feb-11-2013, 17:58
Looks like the best we will get then is an armastice then... I put the torches out and put the pitch folks away... Go home angry mob, nothing going on here...

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-11-2013, 18:10
Looks like the best we will get then is an armastice then... I put the torches out and put the pitch folks away... Go home angry mob, nothing going on here...

It was a cool idea, though! :D

And more to your point, with the upcoming patch I suspect we'll see some players disappear, perhaps because they don't like the changes....but perhaps because everyone is playing the same game. It'll be interesting to see.

On a more positive note, I'm betting we'll see an influx of new players, especially veteran 1946 online players.

LG1.Farber
Feb-11-2013, 18:18
On a more positive note, I'm betting we'll see an influx of new players, especially veteran 1946 online players.

THIS!

I hope so. Maps will make a huge difference I think, <cough> afrika <cough>