PDA

View Full Version : The Mark 14 Torpedo

ATAG_Colander
May-14-2020, 21:23
Very interesting. I had no clue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5Ru7Zu_1I

ATAG_SKUD
May-15-2020, 04:35
HEADLINE...Bureau of Ordnance is taking over US COVID19 response from CDC. They claim a kilo of C4 can kill the virus if injected into the human body and detonated:-P
:salute:
skud

ATAG_Colander
May-15-2020, 08:47
HEADLINE...Bureau of Ordnance is taking over US COVID19 response from CDC. They claim a kilo of C4 can kill the virus if injected into the human body and detonated:-P
:salute:
skud

They didn't test it so they have no way of knowing that the syringes are too small for the C4 and that the needles bend when in contact with the skin.

ATAG_TCP
May-18-2020, 01:04
Gotta love some good Navy info, my Grandad being a navy man this kind of stuff is always fascinating to hear!
Not excluding his copping a torp on one if his ships personally (presumably not a Mk14 LOL)

Little Bill
May-19-2020, 10:34
Gotta love some good Navy info, my Grandad being a navy man this kind of stuff is always fascinating to hear!
Not excluding his copping a torp on one if his ships personally (presumably not a Mk14 LOL)

What, Huh? OK, in the US copping means to steal, or take without asking example; he copped a feel of Lucy's breast (oh those where the days). Anyway I got distracted. So if your grandad took a torpedo, how did he do that, why did he do that, what did he do with it,and where is it now???

ATAG_Colander
May-19-2020, 11:18
So if your grandad took a torpedo, how did he do that, why did he do that, what did he do with it,and where is it now???

And how much could he bench press back in the day? :)

Cybermat47
May-19-2020, 13:52
Don’t have time to watch the video, but wasn’t one of the problems caused by the fact that the Mk. 14 was tested without warheads to save money during the Great Depression, meaning that the torpedo was heavier than it was meant to be when it actually had a warhead?

ATAG_Colander
May-19-2020, 14:20
Don’t have time to watch the video, but wasn’t one of the problems caused by the fact that the Mk. 14 was tested without warheads to save money during the Great Depression, meaning that the torpedo was heavier than it was meant to be when it actually had a warhead?

As you said, one. There are many others

ATAG_TCP
May-19-2020, 18:25
Haha, just cause I aint American :-P
His ship caught a torp, there we go. I don't think she enjoyed it either.

Serge
May-29-2020, 09:55
Very interesting. I had no clue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5Ru7Zu_1I

Yes indeed, I had no clue too.