PDA

View Full Version : Skinining Request: 109 E4/N

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-11-2013, 12:58
As most have become aware, there's a new 109 variant coming with the patch.

With that said, I'm asking for skinning help in creating a default 109 E4/N skin that will become the default 109 E4/N skin in the game.

Since this is going to be the default skin, it must not include any markings. The skin must maintain the default shine/reflection the default 109E4 has included in the sim. We are taking care of the "factory fresh" look and can not have the skin modified. The skin size must be close to the same size files as the factory game. (I'm sure most skinners know this)

The skin we are looking for must also be historical in paint scheme.

Those who feel like taking on the project, please say so in this thread. Also, please let everyone know what particular paint scheme you plan on reproducing. This will keep others from doing the same.

Those who's skins are selected will get early access to the patch.

Thanks!

il_corleone
Feb-11-2013, 13:52

Something fast use and edit it as you like it, modify to get it more realistic :thumbsup: i know its horrible but hope it can help

LG1.Farber
Feb-11-2013, 14:33
Is the exterior different than a 109E4? I mean does it have different lumps and bumps?

Surely it will need all of the skins for all of the regiments? - If you go in game and keep changing the regiment you will see it determines the skin, the skin option is then a supplementary one... So therefore for each regiment there must be a skin and if nothing is different about the shape then you need simply only copy and rename the current E4 ones?

Or am I missing something?

Does this count as a skin/s submission? :)

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-11-2013, 15:43
Is the exterior different than a 109E4? I mean does it have different lumps and bumps?

Surely it will need all of the skins for all of the regiments? - If you go in game and keep changing the regiment you will see it determines the skin, the skin option is then a supplementary one... So therefore for each regiment there must be a skin and if nothing is different about the shape then you need simply only copy and rename the current E4 ones?

Or am I missing something?

Does this count as a skin/s submission? :)

The default outer skin is identical to the E4. But the different regimental skins (that change skins) are not default skins. We are only asking for a default skin. The default skin is the one with the yellow nose for a 109. That is how the default skin is for all the 109's in game.

This can be seen if you have 2 players in a server and have skin download disabled in the server options. The only skin showing up will be the default single skin that is default (visible for both players). Even though the other skins came with the game, they are not the "default" skins.

What I'm asking for is a default skin, it does not have to be the yellow nose etc., and can be different, but can not include markings as I said above.

Just remember there is only one default skin per aircraft. So that's what we are looking for.

LG1.Farber
Feb-11-2013, 15:45
I see! I know what you mean now. Thanks. Some one should get hold of Cpt Farrel.

http://www.cptfarrels.com/
LINK ONLY^

EDIT:

Hang on, why does it need a separate default skin when the others are all the same. I see you could say, this aircraft is being added as an adversary to the Spit IIa which has a unique two tone under belly but thats because thats what the RAF did dint they? Just like the yellow on the 109... Why do you need to be (forced) able to distinguish it from any other 109 variant?

I am all for the community thing and a competition / prize but ermm its about historical accuracy right?

O and one other thing, Bf109 variants, there was also a E-1/B, E-1/N, E-3/N that could be added also... o and E-4/B that were fitted with DB601N engines.... :)

Mattias
Feb-11-2013, 18:35
The default outer skin is identical to the E4. But the different regimental skins (that change skins) are not default skins. We are only asking for a default skin. The default skin is the one with the yellow nose for a 109. That is how the default skin is for all the 109's in game.

:salute:

The overlay is slightly different on the 109E-4N with an added decal/warning triangle for the use of German C-3. Please note that this is already added to the overlay texture (thanks to LizLemon), so the skinners don't need to add that one "manually" to the skin.

Please also keep in mind is that there is no more enforced weathering on the Spit, Hurri and 109 (and soon also 110). This gives the skinners more freedom, but it might make things a bit more complicated -one can no longer paint the nose of the 109 in just one plain shade of yellow and expect it not to look like a plastic model at 0% weathering :D
(It should be noted that the weathering is not removed, just the enforced part of it)

Cheers/m

Salmo
Feb-11-2013, 19:10
You couldn't do much better than to use Capt. Farrell's blank (Galland) Autumn 1940 Bf109E4 skin.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8799/bf109e4n.jpg

Kling
Feb-11-2013, 19:49

Something fast use and edit it as you like it, modify to get it more realistic :thumbsup: i know its horrible but hope it can help

I think that is a great default skin!! Really nice! And i like that it doesnt have the yellow nose! Well done!!!

Oersted
Feb-11-2013, 20:23
I'll 2nd the request for Cpt. Farrel.

LizLemon
Feb-12-2013, 02:45
In addition to a new standard skin for the N, there is a need for a new icon in the plane select menu.

VO101_Kurfurst
Feb-12-2013, 07:24
This is an actual (and AFAIK the only) E-4/N captured by the British intact for reference. Belonged to JG 26.

http://kurfurst.org/Engine/DB60x/files/109E4N_20Sept1940b_DFC.jpg

A Couple of more pics:

http://www.reocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Galaxy/9719/bf109e_6.jpg

http://www.preservedaxisaircraft.com/Luftwaffe/messerschmitt/images/BF109E6_1190.jpg

As of 1st of January 1941, the the number of Bf 109E-../N types in frontline service:

Bf 109E-1 : 16 pcs, Bf 109E-3 : 1 pc, Bf 109E-4 : 54 pcs, Bf 109E-6 : 1 pc, Bf 109E-7 : 34 pcs, Bf 109E-8 : 2pcs. Bf 109F-1 : 5 pcs.

http://kurfurst.org/Engine/DB60x/DB601_datasheets_N.html

il_corleone
Feb-12-2013, 07:37
My skin is horrible compared to Cpt,Farrel i think the skin should be the one from him

Mattias
Feb-12-2013, 07:40
You couldn't do much better than to use Capt. Farrell's blank (Galland) Autumn 1940 Bf109E4 skin.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8799/bf109e4n.jpg

:dthumb:

SlipBall
Feb-12-2013, 07:58
The Kurfurst images are a great reference for getting a good skin done, very cool to see her...Capt. Farrell's blank (Galland) Autumn 1940 Bf109E4 skin is close, but needs tweaking

Robo.
Feb-12-2013, 09:33
Hang on, why does it need a separate default skin when the others are all the same. I see you could say, this aircraft is being added as an adversary to the Spit IIa which has a unique two tone under belly but thats because thats what the RAF did dint they? Just like the yellow on the 109... Why do you need to be (forced) able to distinguish it from any other 109 variant?

I agree, you wouldn't know you're up against a C3 109 or Spitfire Mk.IIa, the markings were uniform for the respective air force. I understand you'd want the JG26 colours historically, the coolest thing ever would be having 2-3 hardcoded default skins per plane picked by the mission date, something like Daidalos Team did in their last patch - e.g. allied planes will get invasion stripes on their default skins when you get past summer of '44.

Just for the record - the B/W underside of the Mk.IIa Spitfire is completely wrong (pre-BoB), it has nothing to do with what the RAF did - if they did something (changing the marking style, underside colour or adding different colour of spinners + added tail stripe), they did it across all plane types...

V.4_Pogi
Feb-12-2013, 09:42
I'm glad to hear, E4 with N engine :)

1849 1850

Mastiff
Feb-12-2013, 11:10
My skin is horrible compared to Cpt,Farrel i think the skin should be the one from him

yes but your is great for hiding Klingon style, that blue causes the 109 to disappear into the sky..

101/7_Savas
Feb-12-2013, 11:13

LizLemon
Feb-12-2013, 13:22
This is an actual (and AFAIK the only) E-4/N captured by the British intact for reference. Belonged to JG 26.
As of 1st of January 1941, the the number of Bf 109E-../N types in frontline service:

Bf 109E-1 : 16 pcs, Bf 109E-3 : 1 pc, Bf 109E-4 : 54 pcs, Bf 109E-6 : 1 pc, Bf 109E-7 : 34 pcs, Bf 109E-8 : 2pcs. Bf 109F-1 : 5 pcs.

http://kurfurst.org/Engine/DB60x/DB601_datasheets_N.html

But that aircraft wasn't built as a E-4/N!

Take a look at the canopy or the werknumber. I believe it was a 3 converted to E-4/N standard.

SlipBall
Feb-12-2013, 14:48

Take a look at the canopy or the werknumber. I believe it was a 3 converted to E-4/N standard.

Just brilliant! :D

VO101_Kurfurst
Feb-12-2013, 16:01

Yes you are entirely correct. There does not seem to be a "standard" E-1/3/4/N. My sources show 20 E-4/N and 15 E-4/NB delivered from the factory. However its clear one Gruppe, most likely II/JG 26. had them

Most /N seem to have been conversions (engine replacement) until early 1941, when E-7/N (previously most E-7s were DB 601Aa, plus of course the random conversions).

Shado
Feb-12-2013, 16:30
This is the default " yellow nose" skin I use, albeit a little bit dirty, but thats how I like my birds..............Warbirds that is ;) better than the game default I think , anyway if you want it just hola.:thumbsup:

Scrub that, just re-read post.......:)

GRAF
Feb-13-2013, 08:41
I'm thinking all aircraft need new default skins. Cpt. Farrel's 109s would be an awesome start!

Osprey
Feb-13-2013, 09:06
http://www.preservedaxisaircraft.com/Luftwaffe/messerschmitt/images/BF109E6_1190.jpg

This image is from the BoB exhibit at Duxford and although the model on show has a 100 octane marking when you look at the actual photograph of the 109 on the crash site it does not. I have the photo's to prove this from my last visit. Will try to remember them later. Also, this is rather a mockup anyway, the starboard wing is the only original panelling left on the example, the poor girl was in a breakers yards for decades post war.

Regarding the two tone underside for the Spitfires. This was an early scheme which was changed soon after the BoB started when they realised it was rubbish and that the German duck egg blue was better. Since the SPitfire IIa was a late BoB variant I would suspect it is highly unlikely to have the black and white underside.

@Kling. Whilst the yellow nose is a camouflage disaster and generally an unpopular move with the pilots it was none the less an order brought in by high command from around 26th August 1940. Steinhilper writes about this in his book "Spitfire on my Tail". So, by default, any Bf109E-4/N should have that yellow nose, however it is not known the exact date each Gruppe applied the paint to their machines, nor the extent of it. Although the majority did I suspect there were a few which dragged their heels or applied it all a little sparingly.

Just for the record - the B/W underside of the Mk.IIa Spitfire is completely wrong (pre-BoB), it has nothing to do with what the RAF did - if they did something (changing the marking style, underside colour or adding different colour of spinners + added tail stripe), they did it across all plane types...

I have a book called "Great Aerial Battles" on the front cover of which is a two tone Spitfire I getting hammered by a Bf109. Now, I don't know if it's genuine or not, especially given the yellow noses on the 109s. It could be from a film and I suspect it is because it is in full colour, but I'll have a look and check the source if I can.

The white tail band arrived in 1941 for Spitfires. You are correct about the spinner colours however this was one of the bad ideas which Trafford Leigh-Mallory had installed. Upon his disgraceful usurping of Dowding he specifically asked pilots about what they thought of camouflage. One of them replied "As long as you don't change the spinner colour from white then it's fine. It is easy to tell enemy behind you because they always have coloured spinners". Leigh-Mallory went straight out and changed the spinner colours. Since it was Leigh-Mallory then it HAD to be post BoB.

Robo, why aren't you doing it? Your skins are brilliant.

Osprey
Feb-13-2013, 09:23
Most /N seem to have been conversions (engine replacement) until early 1941, when E-7/N (previously most E-7s were DB 601Aa, plus of course the random conversions).

It is a mesh. Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't most E-7's simply E-4's with a plumbing conversion for an external belly tank?

Tvrdi
Feb-13-2013, 09:29
It is a mesh. Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't most E-7's simply E-4's with a plumbing conversion for an external belly tank?

Yes. E7 same as E4 but with optional 300 L drop tank....E7N same as E4N but with the optional 300 L drop tank. Some of the E7s (E7 NZ) had GM-1 injection system and some (E7 U2) were built/convered for ground attack role (they had better armor)

LizLemon
Feb-13-2013, 13:17
Regarding the two tone underside for the Spitfires. This was an early scheme which was changed soon after the BoB started when they realised it was rubbish and that the German duck egg blue was better. Since the SPitfire IIa was a late BoB variant I would suspect it is highly unlikely to have the black and white underside.

Could you please cite some sources, preferably primary, on this. Dates are especially important as well as what exact paint was being used on the undersides.

I'm asking this as a kind request. No hostility is intended!

Robo.
Feb-13-2013, 13:58
Could you please cite some sources, preferably primary, on this. Dates are especially important as well as what exact paint was being used on the undersides.

I'm asking this as a kind request. No hostility is intended!

Since I also touched the topic, I hope Osprey won't mind if I make this clearer, the evolution of the RAF undersides is quite spectacular:

1. 1935-1938 - aluminium underside, type A roundels (and serial numbers) = pre-war scheme

2. march 1938 - 6.6.1940 - black and white early recognition scheme, the interpretations varied a lot (the in-game Mk.IIa Spitfire has got this 1938/39 scheme which is nonsense)
2a. - during the Munich crisis, all aircraft assigned to the units were paitned B/W, serial numbers were overpainted, type A roundels applied
2b. - all new Hurricanes made in 1939/40 had the aluminium / night/ white scheme factory fresh (not applied in the field), no roundels
2c. 2.9.1939 - all planes taking part in Battle of France had the roundels re-applied in the field (type A with no yellow outline on the night side of the wing)
2d. 15.5.1940 all planes ready for BoB (not the ones in France from which only very few returned) had the roundels re-applied, type A with yellow outline

3. 6.6.1940 - 1.8.1940: (1st half of Battle of Britain)- all aircraft had the B/W scheme overpainted with Sky, no roundels at all until early August
3a. 1.8.1940 - 27.11.1940: type A roundels added on the sky underside, slightly bigger than the pre-war size

4. 27.11.1940 - 22.4.1941 - spinner colour changed to sky, rear fuselage band in sky added (reasons as Osprey says) and port underside wing painted black again (black / sky is the post BoB scheme)

april 1941 - black was removed again eventually but that's way beyond our scope.

The actual underside colours also varied (sky, duck egg blue etc) and so did the roundels and fin flashes - but for the start just to get rid of the Black / white underside would be a success.

If you're interested, I can prepare blank skins for all RAF planes representing all major eras of 1940.

LizLemon
Feb-13-2013, 14:32
Since I also touched the topic, I hope Osprey won't mind if I make this clearer, the evolution of the RAF undersides is quite spectacular:

1. 1935-1938 - aluminium underside, type A roundels (and serial numbers) = pre-war scheme

2. march 1938 - 6.6.1940 - black and white early recognition scheme, the interpretations varied a lot (the in-game Mk.IIa Spitfire has got this 1938/39 scheme which is nonsense)
2a. - during the Munich crisis, all aircraft assigned to the units were paitned B/W, serial numbers were overpainted, type A roundels applied
2b. - all new Hurricanes made in 1939/40 had the aluminium / night/ white scheme factory fresh (not applied in the field), no roundels
2c. 2.9.1939 - all planes taking part in Battle of France had the roundels re-applied in the field (type A with no yellow outline on the night side of the wing)
2d. 15.5.1940 all planes ready for BoB (not the ones in France from which only very few returned) had the roundels re-applied, type A with yellow outline

3. 6.6.1940 - 1.8.1940: (1st half of Battle of Britain)- all aircraft had the B/W scheme overpainted with Sky, no roundels at all until early August
3a. 1.8.1940 - 27.11.1940: type A roundels added on the sky underside, slightly bigger than the pre-war size

4. 27.11.1940 - 22.4.1941 - spinner colour changed to sky, rear fuselage band in sky added (reasons as Osprey says) and port underside wing painted black again (black / sky is the post BoB scheme)

april 1941 - black was removed again eventually but that's way beyond our scope.

The actual underside colours also varied (sky, duck egg blue etc) and so did the roundels and fin flashes - but for the start just to get rid of the Black / white underside would be a success.

If you're interested, I can prepare blank skins for all RAF planes representing all major eras of 1940.

Excellent. I'd still like to see some citations on that data though, any books you have looked at and preferably primary sources from BOB era. Historical accuracy and the data to back it up is important.

If you'd like to make blank skins that match the BoB era then that'd be great too. It'd take a bit of work off my back. You will be given credit for any work you may do.

And as an aside, I'm looking for good data on the flap indicator markings on the 109e series. Again good primary sources are preferred.

Relevant links for this 109 issue;
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20588
http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/32

Osprey
Feb-13-2013, 15:04
OK, Home from work now. Firstly, the picture I mentioned in the book. I'm mistaken, it's a colour snapshot from the BoB movie - buchons and everything. That can be dismissed.

Secondly, well I must've had a brainstorm because the 109E4 N I said wasn't can't be prooved. I just checked the picture from the crash and the Tommy is conveniently stood right in the way of the fuel type marking!! :grrr:

Anyway, onto something else:

Spitfire: The History, by Morgan & Shacklady. Appendix IX "Camouflage and markings"

"...by the time K5054 was into its trials program war appeared to be in the offing.....RAF fighters would be painted dark earth and dark greenon upper surfaces and sea grey medium underneath" This was early 1937. Then whilst they were working out which type of paint to use to meet requirements a letter arrived from Dowding at the Air Ministry dated 10th May titled "Painting of fighter aircraft" which goes on to say "....I have been giving serious thought to the colouration of fighter aircraft. I wish to recommend that the underside of one lower plane be finished in silver dope and the other dull black. Against whatever degree of light this arrangement is viewed it will always present a characteristic part coloured aeroplane" He then talks about upper surfaces which we know didn't change, even though he didn't want them. It was agreed to try the lower surfaces on 28th July. Dowding wrote again on 28th October requesting that the brown be dropped but it didn't happen, he did get the upper surface roundals removed though.

The first production Spitfire, K9787 had an aluminium underside (14th May 1938) and the first production Spits had a varied pattern of camo + different size and position of roundals so a standard was produced. The official order said "The lower surface of the starboard plane and half the underside of the fuselage is to be painted in white. The corresponding port side to be painted black" (note WHITE, not silver). Some squadrons painted the elevator the opposite to the underside (which I guess would mean black) but the order was not to paint any control surface since they did not know what the effect would be. This was in force on 17th January 1939.

After a friendly fire incident in October 1939 the dull and missing roundals was considered a problem so they were reapplied and to use the type B roundal of red white and blue. In that same order the day bomber Blenheims were ordered to paint undersides sky blue. The first Spits with the changes appeared on 23rd Feb 1940. In May 1940 the fuselage roundals were enlarged with the yellow outer ring and the red white and blue fin stripes added on 16th May.

On the 6th June the Air Ministry issued instruction to paint all undersides DUCK EGG BLUE. because it was considered to put the RAF at a disadvantage. <--- This is after Dunkirk of course. Any Spit in combat with black and white undersides would be @ Dunkirk only. With BoB not starting until July then we should have NO black and white Spits in game. The official order stated:
"The under surfaces of all operational aircraft will be either matt black or duck egg blue and may be either one or the other at the discretion ofCommands to meet operational requirements" Supermarine issued colour drawings of the patterns on 11th June, DTD Specification 83A (Duck Egg blue was also known as Sky blue)
Under wing roundals re-appeared from 11th August.

Then the post BoB change, Dowding being pushed out by Leigh-Mallory, with this order arriving:

"By 27 November the Air Ministry ordered that all day fighters were to have their port wings painted black on the undersurface, the roundal outlined in yellow and the spinner painted sky and an 18inch verticle band of sky painted around the rear fuselage"

By 7th April 1941 Fighter Command changed their minds and ordered a revertion back to Sky/Duck egg blue.

Sea Grey and Dark Sea Green appeared in May with the start of the French sweeps.

Hope that helps ;)

Osprey
Feb-13-2013, 15:15

Damn you Robo - I spent bloody ages typing that out in quotes!!! :stunned: :(

SlipBall
Feb-13-2013, 15:21
This is supposed to be an E4 thread :grrr:...:-P

Robo.
Feb-13-2013, 15:55
This is supposed to be an E4 thread :grrr:...:-P

It still is but since we talk camos and since someone asked...

Osprey - nice work, I just copied & pasted something I had ready for skins forum I thought it was helpful here, too. And your post adds all the quotes necessary, mine was just a summary.

Robo.
Feb-13-2013, 16:15
Excellent. I'd still like to see some citations on that data though, any books you have looked at and preferably primary sources from BOB era. Historical accuracy and the data to back it up is important.

If you'd like to make blank skins that match the BoB era then that'd be great too. It'd take a bit of work off my back. You will be given credit for any work you may do.

You're welcome, I understand you need to back-up any changes with hard data. To be honest, this topic is so well researched so that's not a problem. You have Osprey's book added on the top of the list:

Spitfire: The History, by Morgan & Shacklady. Appendix IX "Camouflage and markings"
Camouflage & Markings Number 1: Supermarine Spitfire. RAF Northern Europe 1936 - 45
Camouflage & Markings Number 3: Hawker Hurricane. RAF Northern Europe 1936 - 45
Camouflage & Markings: BATTLE OF BRITAIN RAF 1940 (by SAM, author Paul Lucas)

These are all consistent sources, all data is solid.

And as an aside, I'm looking for good data on the flap indicator markings on the 109e series. Again good primary sources are preferred.

Relevant links for this 109 issue;
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20588
http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/32

I am aware of the changes made via bugtracker, but mind you the stencil markings made by Tom (I guess) are not entirely correct for the Bf 109E, they are fine for later models of course. BoB Emils have had 3 coloured stripe (black white red) paintbrushed on the wing, what we have now is the later 'one bar two bars three bars' version in black. There are pictures and exact data on this in some of the monographies, I'll try to find out where exactly if you want me to.

Picture here for example:

http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109E/Messerschmitt-Bf-109E/images/Bf-109E3-2.Erg.JG-Merseburg-(B17+)-side-profile-showing-emblem-1940-01.jpg

LizLemon
Feb-13-2013, 16:25
Hope that helps ;)

It helps very much!

Thank you for taking the time to type this out. You work is very much appreciated!

I am aware of the changes made via bugtracker, but mind you the stencil markings made by Tom (I guess) are not entirely correct for the Bf 109E, they are fine for later models of course. BoB Emils have had 3 coloured stripe (black white red) paintbrushed on the wing, what we have now is the later 'one bar two bars three bars' version in black. There are pictures and exact data on this in some of the monographies, I'll try to find out where exactly if you want me to.

This is the thing I want to make sure of.

Again good primary sources matter. This is just double checking on my part.

Robo.
Feb-14-2013, 02:36
Oh I see. The best primary source are photographs of course and you will get some information from the plastic kit modelling forums, it's one of the things they consider a 'common knowledge' as these stencils are often missing or are wrong in the kits. It is possible there is specific mention of this small detail somewhere in the books or monographies / walkarouds about the Emil, and I will have a look for you in the weekend. It is safe to say though already that the BoB-era 109s all sported this early stencil rather than the later variant. The photographs are a good enough evidence, what the monographs do is just interpret them anyway.

Cpt_Farrel
Feb-16-2013, 09:03
Some flattering comments in this thread I see. :) Thanks! If any of my stuff could be useful with weathering removed I'll be able to easily fix that. Just let me know via this thread or PM.

Cheers! / Anders

LG1.Farber
Feb-16-2013, 10:01
Very nice! ^^

SlipBall
Feb-19-2013, 15:49
Any decision yet on the skin?...I wish that I was good at slapping paint around and win the prize :-)

Cpt_Farrel
Feb-19-2013, 16:26
I've agreed to do some suggestions for default skins for the 109's but that shouldn't stop others from sending in suggestions as well...

/Anders

SlipBall
Feb-19-2013, 16:51
That's good thanks!...does anyone here have an understanding of the automatic kill markings and how it worked. Was it only an online Steam thing, I've never had one appear off line...never mind I found out how it worked, nothing to do with an actual kill
my first time looking at this page, wanted to check out the physical weathering and kill mark...does not seem to save for use in fmb, has it ever worked for you? do you know the file location for this/my preferences on weathering?

E.F.HARTMANN
Feb-20-2013, 13:27
That's good thanks!...does anyone here have an understanding of the automatic kill markings and how it worked. Was it only an online Steam thing, I've never had one appear off line...never mind I found out how it worked, nothing to do with an actual kill
my first time looking at this page, wanted to check out the physical weathering and kill mark...does not seem to save for use in fmb, has it ever worked for you? do you know the file location for this/my preferences on weathering?

Or you can get mods that you see on this screen?
Sorry for my english is bad taste.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-20-2013, 13:37
Any decision yet on the skin?...I wish that I was good at slapping paint around and win the prize :-)

Don't worry, won't have to wait long anyway.

SlipBall
Feb-20-2013, 13:51
Or you can get mods that you see on this screen?
Sorry for my english is bad taste.

No not yet anyway...screen is original game

JG26_EZ
Feb-28-2013, 18:33

I made an attempt at the scheme posted by Savas.
With no markings, the thing doesn't look as mean, but it's an attempt ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/E4N3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/E4N2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/E4N1.jpg

Download ----> http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1s90ddxkjgsyi3u

This is not normally how I "finish" a skin, but trying to comply to the rules of the request, I think I've done so. The signature, of course would be removed if for some slight chance mine happened to get chosen.

SlipBall
Mar-01-2013, 05:14
^ A nice looking default skin submitted..now were rocking! :D

LizLemon
Mar-01-2013, 12:35
So does anyone else have submissions?

This "competition" will be coming to a close shortly.

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-01-2013, 12:40
This "competition" will be coming to a close shortly.

Oooohhhh now you are tickeling me :) Good to know that!

As for request, i hope some talented shows up so we can have variety to "elect" one.

Cpt_Farrel
Mar-01-2013, 12:45
I'll be submitting mine a little later tonight...

JG26_EZ
Mar-02-2013, 22:47
I have another Bf109E-4/N being worked on, but it will be a couple more days..
Not sure how much time we have..

...Also curious if the last skin I entered meets the criteria or not. Wasn't sure if I should add the fuel, first aid, other tags or not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/E4N_Green.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/E4N_Green_b.jpg

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-02-2013, 22:59
Wow - Gorgeous!

I love that skin! :-)

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-03-2013, 00:01
Nice skin EZ, really nice! I just wonder one thing. Is the skin to be alike the default ones or can a green skin like that be used? If yes, i would love to use it.

LizLemon
Mar-03-2013, 00:14
...Also curious if the last skin I entered meets the criteria or not. Wasn't sure if I should add the fuel, first aid, other tags or not.

None of that is needed. Just make the skin "plain" like current CloD skins are done.

Nice skin EZ, really nice! I just wonder one thing. Is the skin to be alike the default ones or can a green skin like that be used? If yes, i would love to use it.

As long as it was a camo used by E4/Ns during the BOB era.

Cpt_Farrel
Mar-03-2013, 07:14
That last skin is looking cool and the pattern looks like some early JG53 attempts at breaking up the colors but for an E-4/N I don't believe it's a good skin when it comes to being generic.

My suggestion is this one. (so far, might update it) It's got ingame markings and weathering in the screenshot....

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/Bf109E-4N_Prev.jpg

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-03-2013, 08:14
Nice work Cpt_Farrel. Stunning. And i believe you are right you said the previous skin is a really good one, but it doesnt follow the generic skins that are currently on the game. It would be a nice change tought, and if i may add: A really tougher to see against the ground over land.

Back on point, the skin of Cpt_Farrel seems to meet the requirements of the initial post of this thread. But hey, what else you can expect from an artist? ;)

JG26_EZ
Mar-03-2013, 10:52
lol, so I suppose I will go rest now then.

E.F.HARTMANN
Mar-03-2013, 11:46
No not yet anyway...screen is original game

I is not the possibility of the victory mark on the drift of the aircraft.: (
My game is original and when I am in the menu option aircraft.
this is not the same as your screen I is not the option?

SlipBall
Mar-03-2013, 12:40
lol, so I suppose I will go rest now then.

Not so fast, the fat lady didn't sing yet...no offense meant Bliss :P

SlipBall
Mar-03-2013, 12:41
I is not the possibility of the victory mark on the drift of the aircraft.: (
My game is original and when I am in the menu option aircraft.
this is not the same as your screen I is not the option?

Can you tell me your game version?

E.F.HARTMANN
Mar-03-2013, 14:35
Can you tell me your game version?

I have the last 1.11.20362 can tell me if it's good?

SlipBall
Mar-03-2013, 15:03
I have the last 1.11.20362 can tell me if it's good?

No good for you, but maybe the team can fix one day for you...a nice screen for me but does not work right for me :grrr:

E.F.HARTMANN
Mar-03-2013, 15:56
No good for you, but maybe the team can fix one day for you...a nice screen for me but does not work right for me :grrr:

What version you use????

JG26_EZ
Mar-03-2013, 16:03
What version you use????

I use the same version as you Hartmann.. I do not see the options he has either (ie. Physical weathering, Visual weathering, kill markings).

...but back on topic..

JG26_EZ
Mar-03-2013, 17:20
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/G4N_b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/G4N_a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/G4N_c.jpg

Uwe
Mar-03-2013, 20:58
Looks like a III/JG53 bird.

Did that one while I was still trying to get into CoD, but it isnt appropriate for an E-4N

JG26_EZ
Mar-03-2013, 21:22
Well, how about some ideas then people. Let's see what images the group can gather re: bf109E-4/N.

SlipBall
Mar-04-2013, 11:20
Well, how about some ideas then people. Let's see what images the group can gather re: bf109E-4/N.

I like the looks/quality of the original defaults like this E-3 for example, just very clean base color's and that special sheen to it...your first skin here is too far away for me to scrutinize very well. I would like to see the Capt. Farrel close up too
ATTACH=CONFIG]2136[/ATTACH]

DK_
Mar-04-2013, 11:27
[QUOTE=JG26_EZ;35474]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/G4N_b.jpg

Nice!

JG26_EZ
Mar-07-2013, 21:02
Thought I'd throw another "generic" your way just for the hell of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/New1b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/New1a.jpg

I say down with the yellow nose.. Let's make the allies squint for a bit ;)

Kling
Mar-08-2013, 02:35
Thought I'd throw another "generic" your way just for the hell of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/New1b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/New1a.jpg

I say down with the yellow nose.. Let's make the allies squint for a bit ;)

I completely agree with the above statememt!!!
Nice skin btw!!

JG26_EZ
Mar-08-2013, 04:36
Thanks for the compliments, pilots.

I got thinking after posting that maybe i should submit one with a yellow undernose instead. This evening, i'll see what i can do.

GRAF
Mar-08-2013, 10:29
That last skin is looking cool and the pattern looks like some early JG53 attempts at breaking up the colors but for an E-4/N I don't believe it's a good skin when it comes to being generic.

My suggestion is this one. (so far, might update it) It's got ingame markings and weathering in the screenshot....

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/Bf109E-4N_Prev.jpg

Without a doubt the best Emil skinner around. Quality above quantity.

I was going to submit a skin but I love the Cap's work too much. Alot of research, time and effort go into his work. You've got my vote. ;)