PDA

View Full Version : Hello and..

ATAG_Freya
Feb-12-2013, 21:57
Hello everyone. Just thought I'd intro myself because I've been hangin about this site for a while and haven't had the decency to admit it. I'm a Canuck with a passion for WW2 aircraft and I've flown sims scince the days of monochrome screens. Not that I'm that old, (mid 30's) but I just started young. And I'm still a piss poor pilot but I keep on fightin the good fight anyway. I gotta say congrats to ATAG on a great site and a great server, and a great community. I really appreciate all the info here and all the helpful things I've read. 5 days ago I tried flying online for the first time. 5 days later, after getting on teamspeak and getting things "tweaked up" and being "shot down", I fear that I'm hooked. Everyone on the comms is very nice and helpful calling out contacts and such, and I'm amazed how awesome teamspeak is! Now I just need track IR.... I got my first kill today after trying a Hurricane for the first time online, after a few sorties of getting my butt shot off in spits. ( actually I'm usually my own worst enemy!) I also try Blenheims a couple times and enjoy them too, but its a work in progress (0.0001% complete). So my hat's off to all of you, for this is truly a great thing going on here, and I wish team fusion all the best in their hard work to keep improving a great game!

See ya around,
Freya

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Feb-12-2013, 22:30
Welcome aboard mate...see you online!

oh and.....you MUST get track IR my friend, you think Team Speak was a game changer....you ain't seen nothing yet! :-)

Kiwi

ATAG_Septic
Feb-13-2013, 04:25
Welcome to the forum Freya!

See you over Dover over.

Septic.

Osprey
Feb-19-2013, 10:05
Hi Freya,

Just wanted to let you know that you could do yourself a huge favour and look up these guys:

http://401squadron.boardforum.ca/

Wolverine is a great guy and in fact so are all of them. They are active too, and provide training on the beauty which is the Hawker Hurricane. Give him a shout and join the only Canuk Hurricane squadron in IL2 :)

They are a 'cousin' of Air Combat Group too so there's plenty of flight buddies to join at the weekends, grab a headset and get involved.

~S~

ChiefRedCloud
Feb-19-2013, 11:20
http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8789/willeyspitwelcome.png

ATAG_Freya
Feb-19-2013, 16:49
Thanks Osprey and thanks for the "welcome" Chief, and I hope to see you over dover too Septic! Joining a squadron is for sure a future goal. And the 401 would be a fine choice once I'm ready, if they'd have me! :) I've got my online flying on temporary hold at the moment, as I build a freetrackIR thing to hopefully improve my luck...(Kiwikillemoff made me do it) Also its tricky, as I can fly almost every evening for hours, but can only "listen" on TS and not talk because it wakes up my little one. Then that ticks off my lovely bride and I'm sure some of you know how that goes.... Therefore I currently stick to offline flying as I feel rude when I go on TS like that and don't participate in the chatter, even though I say a quick hello on chat. Would it be wrong to make a toddler wear earplugs to bed? Father of the year not so much? I'll figure something out because I MUST FLY !!!

CHEERS ALL,
Freya

ATAG_Septic
Feb-19-2013, 17:01
Thanks Osprey and thanks for the "welcome" Chief, and I hope to see you over dover too Septic! Joining a squadron is for sure a future goal. And the 401 would be a fine choice once I'm ready, if they'd have me! :) I've got my online flying on temporary hold at the moment, as I build a freetrackIR thing to hopefully improve my luck...(Kiwikillemoff made me do it) Also its tricky, as I can fly almost every evening for hours, but can only "listen" on TS and not talk because it wakes up my little one. Then that ticks off my lovely bride and I'm sure some of you know how that goes.... Therefore I currently stick to offline flying as I feel rude when I go on TS like that and don't participate in the chatter, even though I say a quick hello on chat. Would it be wrong to make a toddler wear earplugs to bed? Father of the year not so much? I'll figure something out because I MUST FLY !!!

CHEERS ALL,
Freya

Don't worry one bit about just listening on TS, if you set your mic off others can see you're unable to speak and you'll still get the benefit of hearing contacts called and all the sometimes hilarious banter too! You'll just have to laugh quietly.

:)

Septic.

Muffin
Feb-19-2013, 17:21
Welcome to the forum Freya.

Hope to see you in the sky. Through my gunsight, I fly blue :D

Muffin

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-19-2013, 17:26
Don't worry one bit about just listening on TS, if you set your mic off others can see you're unable to speak and you'll still get the benefit of hearing contacts called and all the sometimes hilarious banter too! You'll just have to laugh quietly.

:)

Septic.

Yep, we've had other Dads of young 'uns on Teamspeak, and it was hilarious how we'd do the "Repeat please!" routine on them as they tried to whisper on TS.....desperately afraid of waking little Johnny/Melinda in the crib in the next room. LOL. As Septic suggests, just put your mic on mute. We'll understand. Hehehe :devilish:

ATAG_Freya
Feb-19-2013, 18:33
Thanks guys. In that case I'll be a stealth fighter then. Don't tell anyone.:thumbsup: Maybee a tap system? one tap means.... Nah that won't work haha. Oh and @ Muffin, I hope you don't see me then....:-P hehe