PDA

View Full Version : Fraps

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-13-2013, 11:16
I have the latest full (paid) version of FRAPS which does a good job of recording Clod action with one exception: it doesn't record my voice on Teamspeak. I use push-to-talk (programmed to a joystick button). FRAPS does record everyone else's voices on Teamspeak.

My soundcard is a Realtek integrated with the motherboard, my Sennheiser mic & earphones are plugged into the standard green (stereo audio) and red (mic) plugins behind the computer.

Any suggestions on how I can get my voice recorded as well?

LG1.Farber
Feb-13-2013, 11:28
Use a keyboard button, fraps wont recognise a joystick and joy to key is a bust too :(

ATAG_Headshot
Feb-13-2013, 11:34
There is a box in fraps that you have to turn on to record mic input. I can't remember the exact wording and can't check as I am at work but I think it is under the movies tab. Double check that it is enabled there.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-13-2013, 11:47
There is a box in fraps that you have to turn on to record mic input. I can't remember the exact wording and can't check as I am at work but I think it is under the movies tab. Double check that it is enabled there.

This is your answer. I can't check to confirm though, as I'm offline from gaming this week.
If you're still having problems on the weekend I can jump on coms to find out.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-13-2013, 12:12
Use a keyboard button, fraps wont recognise a joystick and joy to key is a bust too :(

Oh, don't I know it!!! As we know, TrackIR and Teamspeak have no problem recognizing joystick directx input, but not FRAPS. I've been in contact with FRAPS a couple of times, but nojoy. They are literally not familiar with the concept that HOTAS means keeping your hands on throttle and stick so you can ostensibly keep your eyes on the screen. Not a problem with a keyboard emulator program like the Warthog's TARGET software, but I've found that FSX/A2A's WOP3 Spitfire 1a/2a plays better with directx joystick inputs coupled with peripherals like TrackIR. Not a major dealbreaker, just annoying.

ATAG_Headshot
Feb-13-2013, 12:15
I have just assigned a button on my warthog with a keyboard command. Works like a dream!

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-13-2013, 12:19
Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot

This is your answer. I can't check to confirm though, as I'm offline from gaming this week.
If you're still having problems on the weekend I can jump on coms to find out.

Thanks, gentlemen. As you might imagine, I've tried the limited options that FRAPS provides to no avail. One thing I'm going to try is the HDMI output from my Asus monitor to my Nvidia GTX680 vid card. IIRC this also supplies audio output to the monitor (but not mic, I don't think). Sounds goofy, but worth a try. :D

ATAG_Headshot
Feb-14-2013, 18:03
Don't know if this helps Snapper but in the Movies tab up top in Fraps on the right side is the Sound Capture Settings. I have checked "Record Win7 sound" and selected -stereo- not multichannel. I can't remember what the issue was offhand but I had done multichannel before and I had some bugs. I think it may have actually been problems getting TS sound. Also select "Record External input" and actually select your microphone, not just windows default. If it's in your headset try select that. Don't check the box for "Only capture while pushing [this button]. If that still doesn't work try again selecting your headset or mic in both teamspeak for and windows for sound input instead of just windows default.

RedBeard
Mar-22-2013, 18:31
Btw, i have fraps too but when i record a track, my video size is huge! Im recording in avi. file. Does anyone know how to achieve best quality with the smallest size?

Any tips are welcome regarding this, and wich programs are best for editing.

thx

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-22-2013, 19:15
There is also another backdoor way of doing this.

Within Teamspeak go to your Bookmarks and connect to the same TS channel in another tab. Now you will hear yourself speak and Fraps will hear it too.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-22-2013, 19:16
Btw, i have fraps too but when i record a track, my video size is huge! Im recording in avi. file. Does anyone know how to achieve best quality with the smallest size?

Any tips are welcome regarding this, and wich programs are best for editing.

thx

The only way to reduce the file size is to reduce quality. You'll have to sacrifice either framerate or resolution; no other way around this really.

Oersted
Mar-23-2013, 07:17
With the latest version of MSI Afterburner you can record all sound sources, in-game, TS and mic.

thee_oddball
Mar-23-2013, 11:50
use voice activation and set the sensitivty high and move the mic close to your mouth. i have not used a "push" feature in years :)