PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the coast of Maine

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-13-2013, 16:56
Just a quick hello from a total newb. So much to learn but having fun at it. Can get off the ground but never seem to find anyone else up there? Are realism items fixed (on a given server) or can things be changed? I thought I had set up a scheme but then flew a plane and the settings were all different (realism). Dunno how to do radio yet either but I'll figure it out. Sorry for all the questions on a introduction:).

ChiefRedCloud
Feb-13-2013, 19:03
You might find some help in some of these links here ---> Loadouts (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?908-Loadouts&highlight=loadouts) or Can Loadouts be set to Default only in Server settings? (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2318-Can-Loadouts-be-set-to-Default-only-in-Server-settings&highlight=loadouts). Start with these and then maybe do another search under loadouts.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-14-2013, 07:08
Thanks Chief.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-14-2013, 08:46
Just a quick hello from a total newb. So much to learn but having fun at it. Can get off the ground but never seem to find anyone else up there?
Hi mate, welcome!. If you have a microphone. Install Teamspeak and join us on coms. This will help you know where the fighting is at.

Are realism items fixed (on a given server) or can things be changed? I thought I had set up a scheme but then flew a plane and the settings were all different (realism).
Realism settings a re fixed by the server. You are forced to adopt the same realism settings as the server when you join. This will NOT affect your single-player settings.

Dunno how to do radio yet either but I'll figure it out. Sorry for all the questions on a introduction:).
For "radio" are you talking about teamspeak, or using the in-game text-radio to communicate with wing men?
The in-game text radio is a waste of time. It is only really of any use in single player, and even then it is quite bugged.
Best option is to install teamspeak, and join us on coms!

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-14-2013, 10:22
Thanks Pstyle. I have got teamspeak3 now and have configured it. Spoke to some bomber pilots to confirm it's working. Also, yes I figured out the realism settings are fixed for the server. Probably take me a while to get the hang of it but it's winter in Maine and got some time. :recon: I need to fly more single missions and get the practice in. I still haven't figured out how to zoom or back up my vision in the cockpit like I see on the vids, or get outside (3rd person) for that matter. Maybe that's done after the fact when editing a recording?

PS: Thanks for the informative videos!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-14-2013, 11:06
Thanks Pstyle. I have got teamspeak3 now and have configured it. Spoke to some bomber pilots to confirm it's working. Also, yes I figured out the realism settings are fixed for the server. Probably take me a while to get the hang of it but it's winter in Maine and got some time. :recon: I need to fly more single missions and get the practice in. I still haven't figured out how to zoom or back up my vision in the cockpit like I see on the vids, or get outside (3rd person) for that matter. Maybe that's done after the fact when editing a recording?

PS: Thanks for the informative videos!

Hi, there are two types of zoom. there is the dynamic zoom that slides the view in and out. This is done by holding down your mouse wheel and sliding the mouse up and down. It's difficult to do in flight though.

The second kind is not really a zoom, it's a Field of View adjustment. You can set the FOV to 90, 75 and 50 degrees (I think). The default keys on your keyboard should be delete, end and page down. On many keyboards these three keys are directly above your cursor keys.
If you set your trims (rudder and elevators) to the cursor keys, then this arrangement makes for nice easy transition between trim and views with one hand (leaving the other for the stick etc).

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-14-2013, 16:02
Hi, there are two types of zoom. there is the dynamic zoom that slides the view in and out. This is done by holding down your mouse wheel and sliding the mouse up and down. It's difficult to do in flight though.

The second kind is not really a zoom, it's a Field of View adjustment. You can set the FOV to 90, 75 and 50 degrees (I think). The default keys on your keyboard should be delete, end and page down. On many keyboards these three keys are directly above your cursor keys.
If you set your trims (rudder and elevators) to the cursor keys, then this arrangement makes for nice easy transition between trim and views with one hand (leaving the other for the stick etc).

Ah yes, Thanks for that Phil. Certainly helps with targeting.

oneway
Feb-25-2013, 10:13
wow the coast of maine me too just south of brunswick in harpswell.
fisrt time in all my years gaming ive ever seen a mainer on any forum.:thumbsup:

Haggart85
Feb-26-2013, 18:31
wow the coast of maine me too just south of brunswick in harpswell.
fisrt time in all my years gaming ive ever seen a mainer on any forum.:thumbsup:

There must be something in the air...with the addition of me, that would make 3 Mainers on this forum!

Furthermore, we're in rather close proximity as I'm across the Androscoggin in Topsham. :stunned: