PDA

View Full Version : Screen recommendation

Thaine
Feb-14-2013, 05:12
Hei Everybody,

I'm considering buying a bigger screen. My old one is a Samsung SyncMaster 2233 with 120Hz 3DVision ready. It has only 22" if I'm correct and works ok. However, I think bigger is in this case better. Not only for IL2 but also for FSX etc... I have all the 3DVision stuff but use it seldom. So that's no real need for the new screen but would be nice to have, of course.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated?

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-14-2013, 11:12
How much bigger are you looking to go?

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-14-2013, 11:34
I have the same Samsung Syncmaster as yours. Quality-wise it's excellent IMHO. Having said that, I subsequently got a 27" Asus monitor (I'm AFK, and can't remember the model number). FWIW I don't believe the extra size really gives any advantage in gameplay over the smaller Samsung -- small contact "dots" are equally tough to spot given the same in-game video settings and (in my case) Nvidia Control Panel settings. However, I do find the larger screen enhances my enjoyment of the game simply because of its larger visual presentation, so from that viewpoint alone I'm glad I made the change.

I use the Samsung now as a second monitor. It's handy to have Teamspeak running on it, so I don't have to contend with any TS Notifier or Overlay conflicts with FRAPS, yet still easily see who's talkin'.

I tried 3D Vision with both monitors. A neat concept, but too many distracting artifacts outside the cockpit IMHO. I don't believe Clod is truly 3D-ready at this point. Plus, with earphones, boom mic, TrackIR Proclip "antlers"......do I really need to be wearing the 3D Vision glasses over my regular eyeglasses, too? LOL