PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Vb' v Bf-109F-4' over the channel

ATAG_Pattle
Jul-13-2020, 08:11
IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk, sees the channel map scenario extend from the end of the Battle of Britain to August, 1941. Here are screenshots of a dog fight between Spitfire Vb's and Bf 109F-4's!

Cheers,

Pattle

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-13-2020, 08:40
I just saw the post in Facebook.

“Hispano Heaven” :thumbsup:

:)

deep
Jul-13-2020, 10:05
Beautiful! I love the first shot :thumbsup:

IIJG27Rich
Jul-13-2020, 13:32
Looks great accept for the placement of the I./JG27 insignia. That's where they all showed up in all the old IL-2 games but most Jagdgeswader insignias were on the cowling. Don't mean to be a pain but I do the Homer DOH! every time I see them on the side of the fuselag. If "BOS :P "can get everything in the right place can't we?? :salute:

ATAG_JackMaxx
Jul-13-2020, 14:44
nice shiny new spitty, straight out of the factory, beautiful

ATAG_TCP
Jul-13-2020, 19:34
Excellent screenshots, thanks for sharing! Definitely liking the look of that Vb :)

major_setback
Jul-15-2020, 16:07
I'm sorry, but I can't help but comment that the markings are much, much too bright and way too colourful. This looks terrible.

carbolicus
Jul-16-2020, 13:08
I'm sorry, but I can't help but comment that the markings are much, much too bright and way too colourful. This looks terrible.

Yes, I agree with major setback - but I never use the sim's paintschemes anyway for this reason, and hopefully we'll get some great skins from contributors like we did before - including you of course major! I create my own with little difficulty (although they are basic compared with the experts')

But also disappointed to see in the third pic both aircraft with rudders jammed hard over. Believe me, real pilots don't do that at speed unless you want to pull the tail off. Full rudder is only used in low airspeed manoevers (steering on the ground, spin recovery, or to fly a stall-turn or a flick roll), so the AI is clearly still bugged.

Having said that, great job TF nevertheless, and looking forward hugely to release date.

Mysticpuma
Jul-16-2020, 13:47
The rudder issue is weird as I am sure it was fixed a couple patches ago?

ATAG_Pattle
Jul-16-2020, 17:00
're the rudder of the 109. I was flying that. Not AI.

Karaya
Jul-16-2020, 17:14

Gee, next time show us a little more rudder coordination for the camera, you make yourself look like an AI :doh:

:D

ATAG_SKUD
Jul-18-2020, 08:07
Looks great accept for the placement of the I./JG27 insignia. That's where they all showed up in all the old IL-2 games but most Jagdgeswader insignias were on the cowling. Don't mean to be a pain but I do the Homer DOH! every time I see them on the side of the fuselag. If "BOS :P "can get everything in the right place can't we?? :salute:

Definitely in the wrong place
:salute:
skud

carbolicus
Jul-18-2020, 12:36

Hi Pattle - Yes but the Spit has full rudder on also. Best way to see for yourself is to set up an AI flight and watch it happen in turns - usually just the leader does it.

major_setback
Jul-18-2020, 15:28

A lot of time and effort has been spent on this area by other members of the team.
We are well aware of the correct placement. At the present time other changes, as well as the implementation of new material has taken priority.
Your request is noted.
Cheers

IIJG27Rich
Jul-18-2020, 22:20
A lot of time and effort has been spent on this area by other members of the team.
We are well aware of the correct placement. At the present time other changes, as well as the implementation of new material has taken priority.
Your request is noted.
Cheers

This is about the best site I know of to go check out pictures of all types of 109s. Everybody probably knows about it already :salute:

https://me109.info/

Bussard
Jul-18-2020, 22:26
Your request is noted.
Cheers

Would not worry about that.
JG27 left the channel front in winter 40/41 and did not fly Bf109F's on the channel front.