PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane pilots wanted for active squadron

Osprey
Feb-18-2013, 11:00
Are you a fan of the Hawker Hurricane? Would you like to learn to fly the Hurricane effectively in the largest scale campaign battles in Cliffs of Dover?

No.501 "County of Gloucester" Squadron are actively seeking Hurricane pilots to join us in our campaign and online flying. All standards welcome, including complete beginners to combat flight sims as training will be provided.

No.501 are THE ONLY RAF fighter squadron which was on active front line service throughout the entire Battle for France and Battle of Britain. All other squadrons spent some time away from the front lines. We are proud to honour the brave pilots from this fine Auxiliary unit.

We also now sport No.615 "County of Surrey" Squadron operating from RAF Kenley. Due to our recent recruitment drive to gather like-minded Hurricane pilots together we were able to create this fine historical unit, we are now interested in building up both squadrons to full strength!

If you are interested in joining the largest gathering of Hurricane pilots anywhere in COD then get in touch here, PM me, post in our forums or join us on comms anytime, info here:
www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

and here:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?861-Air-Combat-Group-Allied-and-Axis-pilots-interested-in-immersion-and-group-flying

TS3
85.236.100.27:16317

Don't be shy ;)
~S~ Osprey

Osprey
Feb-25-2013, 15:58
A hearty welcome to No.501_Kristorf for signing up to the RAF's finest!

Osprey
Mar-04-2013, 07:57
Welcome No.501_Sabre to Air Combat Group!

ATAG_Septic
Mar-04-2013, 08:05
Congratulations on your postings chaps! :thumbsup:

Septic.

Osprey
Mar-05-2013, 03:14
Crikey Septic, this recruitment drive is going better than I thought! I guess everyone really loves the Hurricane ;)

Welcome No.501_JuliusCiv and No.501_Cheese

Are you a Hurricane pilot? Flock here :D

Osprey
Mar-07-2013, 10:10
Please welcome No.501_Azref !

We have had such success we've decided to start a brand new Hurricane squadron in ACG. Please welcome No.615 "County of Surrey" Squadron :D

LuseKofte
Mar-08-2013, 02:23
Darn it, now I got a squadron more lining up behind the six of my BF-110 over ACG campaign skies. Have mercy on me :-P

congratulations , nothing better than a growing community

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-09-2013, 21:13
Good work Osprey. It's been a while since we have spoken to each other. I might hop onto your TS sometime soon and talk to you. I'm somewhat looking for a squadron but so far, there really hasn't been any squad that flies my particular ride(s) (if you count my role). Good luck with finding new pilots and maybe sometime I'll join you or ATAG or even start my own. :salute:

Eagle

Catseye
Mar-10-2013, 13:18
I'm somewhat looking for a squadron but so far, there really hasn't been any squad that flies my particular ride(s)

Eagle

Hi . . . Eagle,
Also check out 401 - they are a Hurricane Squadron.
Cheers,
Cats . . .

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-11-2013, 15:29
Hi . . . Eagle,
Also check out 401 - they are a Hurricane Squadron.
Cheers,
Cats . . .

Thanks Cats but my normal ride isn't a Hurricane unless I'm wanting to fly a fighter.
Peace,
Eagle

P.S. what's with all the . . . ?

Osprey
Mar-20-2013, 08:42
What do you fly Stealth? Is it the Blenheim? We operate No.105 Squadron on Belnhiems when we do our Tuesday night Bomber nights, and they form up whenever on campaign. This is a mix of 'guys who fancy a go in the Blenny for the evening' from any existing ACG squadron. I am toying with the idea of making this more formal though but it all depends on interest. Either way if you come in on Tuesdays then you'll get some organised group bomber action - address above! ~S~

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-20-2013, 15:21
What do you fly Stealth? Is it the Blenheim? We operate No.105 Squadron on Belnhiems when we do our Tuesday night Bomber nights, and they form up whenever on campaign. This is a mix of 'guys who fancy a go in the Blenny for the evening' from any existing ACG squadron. I am toying with the idea of making this more formal though but it all depends on interest. Either way if you come in on Tuesdays then you'll get some organised group bomber action - address above! ~S~

Blenheim and He-111H-2 are my main "rides" per say but I can't fly during the week due to school commitment issues. I'll probably join in on your TS a bit more often but I am right awaiting a reply from ATAG. Sorry about not seeing your post earlier.

Eagle

Osprey
Mar-20-2013, 15:58
Hey no worries, doesn't stop you from joining these bomber nights if you get the chance to anyway.

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-20-2013, 17:06
Hey no worries, doesn't stop you from joining these bomber nights if you get the chance to anyway.

If I don't get into ATAG, perhaps it's time for ACG to get a He-111H-2 squad?:-)

But I'll probably join you guys on TS sometimes regardless of whether I make it or not.

Osprey
Mar-21-2013, 08:36
Well that is in fact possible. ACG is a framework for Allied and Axis to operate with friendship and singular direction between multiple crews. There is no 'commander' who is in charge of everything, we really have 'movers and shakers' + 'guys which pay for stuff', what falls out of that is you end up with decision makers but we aren't an autocracy, anybody can pick up the ball and run with it. It's quite democratic actually. The point is, if you want to start one up then you may do so under our framework (which has very few rules, mostly just support to make it happen). I will be very happy to talk to you on comms and explain more then just pop that ball in your court - I am a believer in that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink! :thumbsup:

(I'm on holiday next week though so everyone in the community will get a break from me ;) ).

LuseKofte
Mar-21-2013, 15:34
Did you say from all squadrons, I fly all bombers, and enjoy every minute I am able to fly a bomber. Until some fighter dude shoot me down that is.
Is it possible to join up Tuesdays even if I am ttatched on the oposit side sundays ?

Osprey
Mar-23-2013, 13:22
Of course, that's the beauty of ACG being a large and open group - go and enjoy it. :)

It's a message I want to get across to all you guys, but of course if I want to learn the Bf110 then I will also join you guys, but in campaign I fly Hurricanes for the RAF in No.501.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-04-2013, 10:10
Just a wee shout out to any hurricane pilots out there;

Drop in to visit these chaps (501) sometime on TeamSpeak: 85.236.100.27:24637 password acg

Osprey
Sep-30-2013, 08:32
I decided to bump this because of the new TF patch due out where the Hurricane has received some tweaks to bring it up to fighting snuff. With any luck it will become the fighting machine it was famed as in the BOB.

Hurricane pilot or fancy a proper crack at it? Apply within.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-02-2013, 22:19
I decided to bump this because of the new TF patch due out where the Hurricane has received some tweaks to bring it up to fighting snuff. With any luck it will become the fighting machine it was famed as in the BOB.

Hurricane pilot or fancy a proper crack at it? Apply within.

From some of the comments I've seen from the beta testers, I think you'll fall in love with the ol bird all over again. :thumbsup:

kopperdrake
Oct-03-2013, 11:14
Can't wait to give her a spin Bliss :D And not in that nose-down spin kind of way...

Osprey
Oct-04-2013, 07:33
TBH it isn't really wrong in anything but turn rate, obviously there are those boost settings at higher alts but I understand that was compensated for by speed anyway, I can't say I've tested all speeds at all alts but I don't have a speed problem or climb problem in one. The thing is, if you can't out-climb/dive/run then you must out turn, which IRL is what it did easily, but in 3.01 you can only out turn a 109 with speed, and to keep that up you need energy, that means trading height and eventually you hit ground level where the fight will end somehow. Level turn and climbing turn the 109 has no problem tailing you.

I believe there may have been a catch 22 too, the Hurricane got less attention because people didn't fly it, but people didn't fly it because it's tougher to fight in as it wasn't performing as it should. I look forward to the outcome and more Hurricanes in the skies, 65% of the RAF would be nice ;) :)

SoW Reddog
Oct-04-2013, 10:43
TBH it isn't really wrong in anything but turn rate, obviously there are those boost settings at higher alts but I understand that was compensated for by speed anyway, I can't say I've tested all speeds at all alts but I don't have a speed problem or climb problem in one. The thing is, if you can't out-climb/dive/run then you must out turn, which IRL is what it did easily, but in 3.01 you can only out turn a 109 with speed, and to keep that up you need energy, that means trading height and eventually you hit ground level where the fight will end somehow. Level turn and climbing turn the 109 has no problem tailing you.

I believe there may have been a catch 22 too, the Hurricane got less attention because people didn't fly it, but people didn't fly it because it's tougher to fight in as it wasn't performing as it should. I look forward to the outcome and more Hurricanes in the skies, 65% of the RAF would be nice ;) :)

Well you'd have been proud to see the 8-10 Hurri's that took off together from Ramsgate last night on the Dunkirk map Osprey.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-04-2013, 11:22
Well you'd have been proud to see the 8-10 Hurri's that took off together from Ramsgate last night on the Dunkirk map Osprey.

I think (some of) Osprey's lot were with us. I saw quite a few 501 boys on the server at the same time.

TWC_SLAG
Oct-11-2013, 21:14
Osprey,

When does 501 fly? I'm in the USA Central time zone. Would that work for you guys?

binky9

Bounder!
Oct-11-2013, 22:43
I think (some of) Osprey's lot were with us. I saw quite a few 501 boys on the server at the same time.

It was 501 plus a couple of us from 64 squadron along for the ride in Spits, I flew along side you chaps and read off your ID :) was great.

Osprey,

When does 501 fly? I'm in the USA Central time zone. Would that work for you guys?

binky9

501 fly Hurricanes (as do 615 squadron). If you're more of a Spit man that's 64 squadron. We are all members of ACG. We are more active in euro time zone (as seems the cliffs of dover player base atm) but drop by the forums and Osprey can fill you in (link) (http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/index.php)

Osprey
Feb-07-2014, 06:42
I'm bumping this because we are in particular interested in Americas timezone based Hurricane pilots. We have quite a few Americanos in our ranks right now but are seeking more weight for the much under-rated Hurricane.

Our group has a lot of Hurricane pilots to support you even if you are a complete beginner, or if you just fancy a crack at Sydney Camm's Marvel Machine :)

~S~

Haviland
Mar-27-2014, 18:08
I'm very interested in joining up as a Hurricane pilot. I've been flying CloD for 3-4 months now, mostly lonewolfing on the ATAG server in the almighty Hurricane.

I popped into the ACG TS and the server earlier but was only able to fly for a little bit. I'll make an introduction over at the ACG forums as well.

The historical campaign looks absolutely terrific. I've spent a decent amount of time just watching the videos of it that have been posted.

Cheers

Archie
Mar-28-2014, 03:50
Jump in Haviland, the waters lovely! :)

Osprey
Mar-28-2014, 04:39
You are welcome to join in and when the campaign resumes (we just finished a 6 mission set) on April the 13th you'll be chocks away at Jerry :)

Seen your post in our reception, will respond :)
~S~

pappy3122
Mar-29-2014, 15:07
still look for america based hurricane pilots if so, i am very interested in joining.

Osprey
Mar-31-2014, 06:31
Jump on in there Pappy, like it says just join us in TS and we'll take it from there. Have you popped into our forums yet? We're still looking for US timezone RAF pilots, Hurricane and Spitfire.

Weekends are best though, I can't guarantee who will be flying in your evening timezone during the week.

~S~

spud
Apr-01-2014, 01:53
For those Americans wanting to get started in a Hurricane, I fly them in the mornings (10am til noon Central) and late in the evenings (midnight till 1:30am Central) most days. If it happens to be my day off, then I'm on even longer. The Hurricane is a great plane to fly and I'd be more than willing to fly along with you and help show you the ropes. Going alone is no fun and there is safety in numbers. Plus the guys at ACG are great. Just get on the teamspeak channel and let someone know you want to join up. That's what I did. See you there.

No.615_Spud