PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion For Team Fusion

Muffin
Feb-20-2013, 20:30
Hello. I have a suggestion for TF. I think it would be good idea if the ignition switches in the cockpit were implemented. It seems odd that you have to turn on magnetos, fuel cocks etc, but no start button - instead you just have to hit 'i' on your keyboard.

These buttons that are required for ignition are already graphically modeled in the game (see attached photo), so, am I right in thinking one would need to place a clickable trigger on the button, which in turn would be mapped to the 'i' key perhaps????

However, I assume this isn't possible as I would think you need source code perhaps to edit cockpits??

Just throwing this idea out there for you all at the team!

Muffin :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-20-2013, 21:11
Hello. I have a suggestion for TF. I think it would be good idea if the ignition switches in the cockpit were implemented. It seems odd that you have to turn on magnetos, fuel cocks etc, but no start button - instead you just have to hit 'i' on your keyboard.

These buttons that are required for ignition are already graphically modeled in the game (see attached photo), so, am I right in thinking one would need to place a clickable trigger on the button, which in turn would be mapped to the 'i' key perhaps????

However, I assume this isn't possible as I would think you need source code perhaps to edit cockpits??

Just throwing this idea out there for you all at the team!

Muffin :salute:

The problem is the 'Start' sequence is also used by the AI. That's why the mag switches don't need to be thrown to start the aircraft. If we make the Mag switch a requirement to start, then the AI can't start their aircraft.

No doubt there is a solution to be found in the code, but at the moment it's very low priority.

ATAG_Colander
Feb-20-2013, 21:52
We also need to model the 109 start buttons (read the guy cranking the lever like crazy outside :) )

LG1.Klein
Feb-21-2013, 08:43
We also need to model the 109 start buttons (read the guy cranking the lever like crazy outside :) )

You know it's kinda silly but I actually think that would be pretty neat. I remember when I first got the game and found a keymap called "signal ground crew to remove wheel chocks". I actually got excited thinking that when I hopped in my plane there would be ground crew around my aircraft doing, well groundcrew stuff.

*disclaimer*No I am not asking for it to be implemented just thinking out loud about neat stuff. I am more than happy with whatever it is, no matter how large or small, that TF is doing. Just the knowledge that there is forward movement on this sim make me happy........in the pants. :devilish: