PDA

View Full Version : Major issues! Please help!!!

plasticmatt477
Feb-24-2013, 20:43
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so firstly My name is Matt, 27 yrs old and LOVE IL-2 1946 & WANT to love this game... My online (steam) name is Plasticmatt477 and i'm having major issues playing this game ONLINE only... The very first and equally to the 2nd issue is when I first start the game and click online multi ATAG's server it all loads fine until i get to the "WELCOME TO ATAG" blue page with the logo. Never fails to freeze on the first load.. the second load (full game reset with cntrl alt del end process) always lets me click continue and then i'm good. WOW this is a pain to have to wait through all that loading twice.

THEN, when I fly a hopefully successful sortie, no matter how I fair out (i.e. landing, crash, bail, death which I haven't had yet ;-)) A statistics page appears and I cannot click continue, close, or anything... just grayed out buttons. AGAIN, cntrl alt del crash game then i can get a new plane...

Those two are the most serious issues i'm having and ANY help with this would be SINCERELY appreciated! There isn't much online about this at all and figured if we can fix it then not only my problems will be fixed, but could keep this as a sticky for future users...

Thank You! ~S~,
Matt

P.s. The only things I have tried are the 2 "fixes" including reinstalling Direct X from the files of the game and the Framework 4 Client update/repair...

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-24-2013, 21:50
Welcome plasticmatt477!

Are you running Vista or Windows 7?

If it's Vista you should have an option similar to the below picture, right click and edit the properties of your Cliffs of Dover launcher.exe.

Make sure to check off the two boxes like in the picture.

This is from Windows 7.

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-24-2013, 21:56
Also, along with what Keller has said, make sure you are running as administrator as well.

Something else that will help you with the loading into the game. Use this batch file found here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?867-Launcher-Shortcut-for-IL2COD

ATAG_Freya
Feb-24-2013, 22:12
You don't by chance have freetrack installed do you? I recently was having strange issues with freetrack buggering my game even if I didn't have it running in the background. Maybee something else like that? Just a thought. Hope you get it sorted plastic!

plasticmatt477
Feb-24-2013, 22:56
No I don't have Freetrack installed... I don't think haha i've never used it or heard of it so i doubt it. I will def try the new batch file ty!

I do run windows vista ult 64 bit, I right click on my Desktop shortcut and there is not a compatibility tab... I think it has to do with being a "steam" game or something. I could send a screenshot of what i do have... It isn't even a .exe ... its a .URL file

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-24-2013, 23:09
Don't use the Desktop shortcut, use the actual .exe file in your Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder.

Do you use TrackIR? If not you really need to look it up. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-24-2013, 23:11
No I don't have Freetrack installed... I don't think haha i've never used it or heard of it so i doubt it. I will def try the new batch file ty!

I do run windows vista ult 64 bit, I right click on my Desktop shortcut and there is not a compatibility tab... I think it has to do with being a "steam" game or something. I could send a screenshot of what i do have... It isn't even a .exe ... its a .URL file

What you need to do is go to Programfiles x86/steam/steamapps/common/Il2 Cliffs of Dover and then find the Launcher.exe. Click on properties of that to perform the above changes. In a nutshell, all steam is doing when you run the game is starting launcher.exe from the IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder under ProgramFiles x86.

Let us know!

plasticmatt477
Feb-24-2013, 23:29
What you need to do is go to Programfiles x86/steam/steamapps/common/Il2 Cliffs of Dover and then find the Launcher.exe. Click on properties of that to perform the above changes. In a nutshell, all steam is doing when you run the game is starting launcher.exe from the IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder under ProgramFiles x86.

Let us know!

Ok, the Batch file works GREAT! .. Saves ALOT of hassle and I only need to run that once and i'm online! In the program files (x86) and so on, I found my launcher.exe, made a desktop shortcut to that file and did right click and compatibility was in-fact there. I did as mentioned above checking the two boxes and will test that now as well.

I have seen videos of track ir and am DEF going to get one haha!! LOOKS AMAZING! compared to the hat switch in a dogfight, track IR is going to be the way to go!

I will post again the results of the .exe file changes as well.

Thanks alot guys! Look forward to flying with some of you in the future (the others will probably be in my crosshairs or on my six lol):)
Matt

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-24-2013, 23:38
Good deal. Hopefully it gets you all sorted out. One thing to note about the batch file: When the server is fairly busy 60+ players, sometimes direct connecting (using the batch file) will report the server is not available. That is when you have to join the old fashioned way. The server is actually up, just a steam issue with lots of players.

Let us know if it works!

plasticmatt477
Feb-25-2013, 00:05
Good deal. Hopefully it gets you all sorted out. One thing to note about the batch file: When the server is fairly busy 60+ players, sometimes direct connecting (using the batch file) will report the server is not available. That is when you have to join the old fashioned way. The server is actually up, just a steam issue with lots of players.

Let us know if it works!

Again, the batch file is great! Works like a charm every time (so far)... As far as the launcher.exe file goes and flying online via the "old fashioned" method problem #1 seems to be solved! Thank you! problem two (Here are your statistics for the match page freezing) still exists. I will be using the batch file as it seems (with only a few tests) to be working 100%.

I sincerely appreciate everyone who posted for all of your input and extremely fast input! If anyone wants to add me on steam I have the same name as I used on here... Plasticmatt477

~S~
Matt

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-25-2013, 00:17
In the program files (x86) and so on, I found my launcher.exe, made a desktop shortcut to that file and did right click and compatibility was in-fact there. I did as mentioned above checking the two boxes and will test that now as well.

Ok, just to clarify; did you make these changes to Launcher.exe or to the Launcher.exe shortcut that you created?

Try to avoid launching Cliffs with a shortcut, launch with the batch file or launch with Steam.

You should join us on Teamspeak Matt.

plasticmatt477
Feb-25-2013, 00:33
Ok, just to clarify; did you make these changes to Launcher.exe or to the Launcher.exe shortcut that you created?

Try to avoid launching Cliffs with a shortcut, launch with the batch file or launch with Steam.

You should join us on Teamspeak Matt.

Yes I did make the changes to the Launcher.exe... I actually think that is what solved the first problem with not being able to click on the Continue button on the blue ATAG screen that pops up. I will def try loading the game directly and see how that runs... I sent u a PM also and will join up on TS3 after work tomorrow if you will be online.

Matt

Fenris
Mar-01-2013, 16:44
I also had this problem.

I removed the last windows update patch, it solved the problem.
I think it was KB2670838.

Believe it was installed on 26 or 27 February.

Mastiff
Mar-01-2013, 21:26
KB2670838.

you do not need to remove this Microsft is getting ready to release new DX installer and you need that platform update.

it fixes Dx10 problems

if your having IL2 Cliffs of Dover problems

go into your IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder inside there is a redist folder\ inside there is all the tools you need to run in order to make your game run better, especially after .netframeworks updates or any video driver updates to this game.

1. run DX folder first (reboot)
2. dotnetFx40 folder run that (reboot)
3. run redist VCx86 folder, reboot your machine

run your game from the il2icon from inside the game folder you can send that short cut to the desk top by
right cliking on it send to desk top or right click copy and paste to the desk top, next right click on the icon go to properties
click on that then click on advanced check the box run as admonastrator, click apply, click ok,do not use the steam id icon, this one cuses all sortes of launcher crash's.