PDA

View Full Version : Update 02/25/13: Flyable Aircraft for First Release

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-25-2013, 04:02
Since everyone knows about the E4/N coming along, I thought I'd share the other side's offerings. Should be pretty obvious :D

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4771/flyables.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/flyables.png/)

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Feb-25-2013, 04:21
Some Hurri madness!

SlipBall
Feb-25-2013, 04:27
but then they might win the BOB again :grrr:

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-25-2013, 04:29

LOL :roflmao:

TheVino3
Feb-25-2013, 04:52

:)

SG1_sandokito
Feb-25-2013, 04:53
Hi Bliss.

Can you tell me what is hardware and the graphics settings please?, because the photo is bery beautiful
THX

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-25-2013, 04:59
Hi Bliss.

Can you tell me what is hardware and the graphics settings please?, because the photo is bery beautiful
THX

Hi sandokito,

My hardware is i990x and 680gtx.

Settings are all on highest except no SSAO and no AA.

But that is from the patch. Anything from ground textures, reflections, and HDR have been changed with the patch. It does look better than default.

Tvrdi
Feb-25-2013, 05:15
Hi sandokito,

My hardware is i990x and 680gtx.

Settings are all on highest except no SSAO and no AA.

But that is from the patch. Anything from ground textures, reflections, and HDR have been changed with the patch. It does look better than default.

Probably I should turn off everything expect AA in SweetFX settings for the patch version?

philip.ed
Feb-25-2013, 05:19
Great news! And that landscape is looking beautiful.

SG1_sandokito
Feb-25-2013, 05:30
Thanks

I have i7 950 oc 4000 and gtx 570 :(.

But in four months'll buy a 670GTX :).

Jack Morris (Lucky)
Feb-25-2013, 11:41
I don't see any difference? No Defiant of Beaufighter :(

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-25-2013, 11:51
Jack, we will now have 100 octane variants of the 2-speed Spitfire MK1 and Hurricane DH5-20. This will make Battle of France/Dunkirk scenarios historically accurate.

priller26
Feb-25-2013, 16:57
Wow, very exciting..love the look!

trooph
Feb-26-2013, 05:50
Hi.
Just a question.
There was a mod in the past that allowed us to fly a Spitfire with Automatic cannons somewhere on 1c forums.
Maybe its worth including that with one of Ur patches?

Anyways im very excited about this whole community patch thing. Hope when i regain access to "virtual world" all i will do i dl a patch or 2 and enjoy ClOD even more :)

Skoshi_Tiger
Feb-26-2013, 07:33
There was a cannon mod for one of the spitfires posted but as far as I remember it did not have any 3d component so it looked like the standard 8 gun spitfire.

Did anyone actually download and use it?

Cheers

TheVino3
Feb-26-2013, 07:38
Yeah it didnt have any 3d editing done so it looked pretty odd, and im fairly sure subsequent patches broke it.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-26-2013, 07:40
Yes, about a year ago. It was produced by Das Attourny and it worked very, very well. I can't remember if it was done on a 1a--->1b or 2a--->2b, but there was no artwork for the cannons. This was several patches ago and will not work on the current Final Release that we're playing now.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-26-2013, 12:38
Yes, about a year ago. It was produced by Das Attourny and it worked very, very well. I can't remember if it was done on a 1a--->1b or 2a--->2b, but there was no artwork for the cannons. This was several patches ago and will not work on the current Final Release that we're playing now.

Spit IB/IIB are high on priority, but require graphics work, yes we could easily create the modded aircraft which showed no cannon but fired them, but we will not release aircraft which do not have appropriate 3D changes to represent changes in weaponry.

So this will not be in the first release.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-26-2013, 12:50
Spit IB/IIB are high on priority, but require graphics work, yes we could easily create the modded aircraft which showed no cannon but fired them, but we will not release aircraft which do not have appropriate 3D changes to represent changes in weaponry.

So this will not be in the first release.

And so be it. :thumbsup:

Besides, we all know that only the 19th Squadron got the 1b during the BoB and they were dismal failures, jamming after several rounds (at most) -- pointless to have this ingame historically modelled.

Much as I'd LOVE to have working 20mm Hispanos, that just wouldn't fit for BoB action. :(

I'm happy that DM's and ammo loadouts will be looked at for possible future release(s). :thumbsup:

(But it WAS fun trying Das Attorney's cannons in offline play. Them bombers blew up real good! LOL).

Osprey
Feb-27-2013, 12:43
Jack, we will now have 100 octane variants of the 2-speed Spitfire MK1 and Hurricane DH5-20. This will make Battle of France/Dunkirk scenarios historically accurate.

Hi Snapper,

About the Spitfire 2 stage, Luthier was surprised to hear during development that pilots could with careful adjustment turn it into a variable pitch prop rather than just coarse and fine. It is incorrectly implemented in game because Luthier used a lever when the 2 stage actually used a 'pump' (rather like a bicycle pump). Of course, this is not CSP but it is variable pitch. Is that something that has been or could be introduced?

It's detailed in this bug in the new tracker

http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/97

Spitfire manual

Cockpit - see item #9 for the bicycle pump

Doc
Feb-27-2013, 12:46
This is great stuff guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlitzPig_EL
Feb-27-2013, 12:54
Will the G 50 actually be useable now?

That would be great.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-27-2013, 12:55
Hi Osprey,

Yeah, we're on the same page, mate: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1516-Spitfire-Trials-CoD-vs-A2A&p=12093&viewfull=1#post12093

I don't know if this can be reproduced by Team Fusion, but I'm sure IvanK and Buzzsaw are well aware of it.

Hi Snapper,

About the Spitfire 2 stage, Luthier was surprised to hear during development that pilots could with careful adjustment turn it into a variable pitch prop rather than just coarse and fine. It is incorrectly implemented in game because Luthier used a lever when the 2 stage actually used a 'pump' (rather like a bicycle pump). Of course, this is not CSP but it is variable pitch. Is that something that has been or could be introduced?

It's detailed in this bug in the new tracker

http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/97

Spitfire manual

Cockpit - see item #9 for the bicycle pump

thee_oddball
Feb-27-2013, 18:56
bliss I don't see the 109Z in there:huh:....we cant have a proper BOB without it:goofy

SG1_sandokito
Feb-27-2013, 21:35
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
bliss I don't see the 109Z in there:huh:....we cant have a proper BOB without it:goofy

and my A10? as can i bomb good without?
:grrr::grrr: