PDA

View Full Version : hello from maine

oneway
Feb-25-2013, 10:24
Im going to give this game another try I think mabey i did not give it a fair shot last time.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-25-2013, 10:43
Hi Oneway and welcome to the forum!

Your timing to try Clod again is perfect. Although the last official patch back in October '12 fixed a bunch of things to make the sim playable, we're about to see the release of the volunteer group Team Fusion's patch which brings the sim closer to its original promise. Like most here, I haven't seen this patch yet, but indications are that in some ways this patch will even surpass our original game expectations way back in March 2011.....and Team Fusion "ain't done yet" with the likelihood of future improvements on the horizon.

For offline play there are some Campaign offerings free of charge by the talented Heinkill, plus commercially available Campaigns from Disastersoft. These should work equally well with the new patch -- I'll be testing 'em to verify this.

Make sure to grab and install Teamspeak when you try online flying on the ATAG server. Hope to see you in the air soon! :thumbsup:

Haggart85
Feb-26-2013, 18:35
Im going to give this game another try I think mabey i did not give it a fair shot last time.

First off, as I've said in my 2 initial posts...I am also residing in Maine, so hence my adding my reply to your post!

I've yet to venture onto the ATAG server myself (I'd like to be more than merely a flying target, haha), but check out some of the vids on YouTube. It looks like quite a blast!

As the poster above me said, there are some pretty fun offline campaigns to be found. This sim/game has way too much promise to be left alone. Even if some of the features are bugged/broken, I still have a blast flying around and enjoying the scenery!