PDA

View Full Version : Finaly! NV Geforce GTX TITAN 6Gb

335th_GRAthos
Feb-26-2013, 12:56
So, almost 1 year later than expected, the real Keppler core comes to light :stunned:

GeForce GTX Titan 6GB

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_review,1.html

~S~

Marmus
Feb-26-2013, 13:06
HOLY!!

It is only a mere $999.99 at NewEgg, but sold out! (or just not released yet?)

palker
Feb-26-2013, 15:25
800 ? You can build pretty good computer for that. Seems this GPU is a bit excessive. Although if i had that kind of spare money i would certainly get it, just because i can.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-27-2013, 11:05

wow.. but I shall wait a year ... I think....

priller26
Feb-27-2013, 17:02
Well, it will be half that price in a year, I have a 3gig 570, which seems to work just fine..so...while we always (me included) want more more more, I will just hold off a bit for the price to drop and hear feedback from users, by that time, I may want to build a new rig anyway...keeping up with the Jonses is never easy or cheap, but you gotta do it..Im running a AMD x6 1100T at 3.8 with 16 gigs ram and the card above, and I have no issues with any game out there.

thee_oddball
Feb-27-2013, 18:16
800 ? You can build pretty good computer for that. Seems this GPU is a bit excessive. Although if i had that kind of spare money i would certainly get it, just because i can.

^^this

vranac
Feb-28-2013, 05:42
Yes, the card is realy good, but not for that price.This was ment to be gtx680, but when ATI released 7970 nvidia was suprised with low performance
so they put midrange GK104 chip in gtx680.

When you release luxury product it got to be perfect in every detail.This one is not.

But what Nvidia demonstrated with Titan was not rude but directly "sviňárna" a kick in the face not only her fans. Until now I have always bought the best on the market and the most powerful graphics, that is, two or three in SLI. 949 EUR for what that's worth your card but will not buy it, you ask why? - It's not because of price, but because of what you get for the money.

So for 949 EUR you get: Cheap PCB, with cheap voltage controller, fully six DrMOS mosfets, which I'll bet that after stepping on the blood and owners often burn out, stress does not sensibly increase, it is not even completely disable TDP limit, clocking is even more complex than the nightmare GK104 cards.
Titan has to be one card for rich countries, I rather call for countries with a greater degree of fools.
Reviews Thus in the U.S.. Germany, France, UK, Australia, China, Holland, and that's about all. The entire Eastern Europe is out of luck, as well as poor countries around the world where the GTX 690 did not sell. Do you think the cards were little? - It was, each edition of the rich countries got 3 pieces on the stupid test Tri SLI, the efficiency of the third card is about 15 percent. Three Titans neutáhne any processor on the market, except that two or three under nitrogen ... So I ignore the Titan and I recommend you to also.

http://www.obr-hardware.com/2013/02/proc-si-nekoupitm-titana-aneb-nejsem.html

335th_GRAthos
Mar-01-2013, 03:00
This was ment to be gtx680, but when ATI released 7970 nvidia was suprised with low performance
so they put midrange GK104 chip in gtx680.

Exactly that! which I said too, about a year ago. Recapitulating, it was actualy due to ATI's lousy performance that we did not get these cards a year ago. This is a nice example where lack of competition can lead to :td2: I can only hope that AMD will manage to pull itself together and bring some major technical (r)evolutions both in CPU (against Intel) as well in GPU (against NV).

Judging by the number of CUDA cores this baby has, it is a monster! I am curious to see how fast it can do video rendering compared to the older cards...:devilish:

EUR/USD 1000.00 is not tragic. Every time I bought an SLI setup that was the price tag. Now I do not need to buy two cards...

On the other side, IF AMD brings out a nice graphic card, prices will tumble :D

~S~