PDA

View Full Version : 352nd map object placement and harbour mod

rince77
Oct-08-2021, 04:18
I recently started a Bob campaign on the 352nd map and noticed that it had very few building objects placed, so I decided to read up on the workings of the unlocked FMB and place some objects.
I've used Blender to create the models and old photographs to get the harbour builds as close to 1940 as possible.

The mod is still a wip. Some of the work done thus far.

Ramsgate

Portsmouth

WIP Folkestone
Dover harbour and cliff models

Allowing for the creation of mods is the reason why this old sim is still going strong. Some simmers love to fly and others like to mod.

ATAG_Jeepy
Oct-08-2021, 07:05
WOW!
Looking GREAT :thumbsup:
Been "creating" a bit myself in that fmb, so I know how time consuming it can be :respect:

Thanks for sharing this !

:salute:

rince77
Oct-08-2021, 07:25
Thank's Atag_Jeepy.:salute:

I didn't intend to get sucked in to it like this. I initially just wanted to place a few building objects to make my campaign missions look a bit more interesting.
Placing objects in the unlocked Fmb led to creating building and harbour models.
I really enjoy using Gimp and blender, so I found an outlet for my basic modeling and texturing skills.:)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-09-2021, 19:39
Thank's Atag_Jeepy.:salute:

I didn't intend to get sucked in to it like this. I initially just wanted to place a few building objects to make my campaign missions look a bit more interesting.
Placing objects in the unlocked Fmb led to creating building and harbour models.
I really enjoy using Gimp and blender, so I found an outlet for my basic modeling and texturing skills.:)

Hello Rince

If you are interested in taking your hobby a little further and perhaps joining TF, then drop me a PM on this forum and outline your experience and background with the graphics programs you mention.

We have room for those who can contribute limited amounts of time to the team. :salute:

rince77
Oct-10-2021, 09:41
This is the thread containing my WIP mod from it's inception to present day :

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,66206.0.html