PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak conflict.

Shawn
Mar-01-2013, 23:07
Hi. I'm fairly new here and I'm not a technical whiz. The problem I'm having is that Cliffs of Dover simply won't launch when Teamspeak is on. I've done the repair thing on the game, uninstall/re-install same. I tried to update Teamspeak and it said it's up to date. Same with windows - 7.

Anyone have this problem and/or a solution. I'd need any instructions to be very much step by step.

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Mar-01-2013, 23:36
Hey Shawn, it may be to do with the latest windows update. I heard a few people talking about it on TS.

See link below, I think this will help you. Mastiff has posted a fix.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3572-do-not-uninstall-this-update-KB2670838

Kiwi

ATAG_Septic
Mar-02-2013, 04:19
Hi. I'm fairly new here and I'm not a technical whiz. The problem I'm having is that Cliffs of Dover simply won't launch when Teamspeak is on. I've done the repair thing on the game, uninstall/re-install same. I tried to update Teamspeak and it said it's up to date. Same with windows - 7.

Anyone have this problem and/or a solution. I'd need any instructions to be very much step by step.

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the forum.

You could check whether you have any Teamspeak plugins installed (settings tab>plugins) and if so try deactivating them. TS Overlay for instance, can cause this in some circumstances.

Septic.

Skoshi_Tiger
Mar-02-2013, 04:44
I had issues with COD crashing if I started COD then teamspeak whaile COD was still loading.

To fix it I just got into the habit of letting COD start completely till it was up to the main menu then starting teamspeak. It seams to work for me.

Cheers!

ATAG_Colander
Mar-02-2013, 10:49
TS Overlay for instance, can cause this in some circumstances.

+1

Shawn
Mar-02-2013, 14:52
Hey all. Thanx so much for the ideas. I'll give them a try.

BTW, I'm Binky in COD.

Flappie
Mar-04-2013, 16:53
I don't have your exact problem, but this may help :

Today, once in game, I couldn't be heard on Teamspeak anymore. I decided to uninstall the famous KB2670838 and did a reboot. That didn't fix it, so I made the parameters of the EXE just like they were before the patch :

Right-click on the EXE, Compatibility tab, and I unchecked all the boxes here. That did it for my Teamspeak.

Tonester
Mar-09-2013, 17:06
With Sweetfx running i had crashes using the overlay...i changed to TSNotifier and the problem went away...are you using SWeetfx?