PDA

View Full Version : Has the team delved into any possible future addons via maps/planes yet?

14./JG5_Droz
Mar-02-2013, 17:09
This is not to say I'm expecting them to start working on completely new content such as models and maps, but more the viability of such for future patches. I'd love to see this eventually moved forward in timelines for more planes and maps available to us.

thee_oddball
Mar-02-2013, 17:23
not Tobe evasive but things are proceeding at best possible speed :)

LizLemon
Mar-02-2013, 18:26
It is going something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MExljPsMEbA

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-02-2013, 19:43
http://youtu.be/veyWOXpy4KE

Skoshi_Tiger
Mar-02-2013, 21:23
It is going something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MExljPsMEbA

Great to see a video of the TF Development Team tm at work!

Other Developers should follow that example. It would give us Plebs a greater understanding of the complexities of software development and the day to day issues that confront them and hopefully make us a little more patient.

Cheers! :D

Roblex
Mar-03-2013, 03:43
To be honest, all I want to see after the patch is some more interesting missions. If anything makes me give up on CLOD it will be boredom at non-stop dogfighting and bomber hunting over the same old airfields. Upgrading the flight models etc., while nice, merely delays the inevitable while,for me, upgrading the missions would keep me going a lot longer even without the new patch.

I know it is a balancing act, bring in too radical a mission and swathes of people say 'Bugger this, I will go do something else for 4 hours.' like many did with Operation Daisy, but I think that numbers started increasing again on that as people realised they were just being Luddites.

The new Operation Sunlight sounds interesting and even moving the AI bomber targets to Hastings and Le Touquet on a new mission might spice things up a bit; are we really so lazy that we can't fly an extra 5 minutes to get to the next mindless furball?

Keep up the great work :dthumb:

Osprey
Mar-04-2013, 11:35
Have you tried other servers to vary things a bit?

III./ZG76_Saipan
Mar-04-2013, 20:00
too few to choose from. ive done some time on warbirds of prey. few humans but alot of AI. bases are pretty close together but alot of fast action if u like the AI stuff.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-05-2013, 04:06
Have you tried other servers to vary things a bit?

Good point.
ACG has some nice missions, with larger bomber formations and with historically located squadrons (I think?)

Osprey
Mar-06-2013, 06:16
Indeed, it's a different experience, but you have to keep your eye out because largely we (ACG) have to jump in there first before others will join. You'll find a larger proportion of Hurricanes flying in there too, but also a lot more experienced pilots so don't expect easy wins! It also has a Radar / rendezvous system built into the menu for immersion into the mission.
On a Sunday evening for a couple of hours you'll see 90 in it, but it's campaign and passworded, but we are always shorter on Luftwaffe so there's more chance of getting involved. Check http://sowc.forumotion.co.uk/ for that.

Sorry to digress, I know this is about mapping, but that has been answered.

GerritJ9
Mar-07-2013, 06:08
I tried to extract the files from Maps.SFS in order to get an idea how CloD maps are compiled but failed. Tried all the IL2:46 SFS extractors I could get my hands on and the kegetys stuff but no luck. Is there a proper SFS extractor for CloD available, or is the kegetys method the only one?

Oersted
Mar-07-2013, 09:27
Malta or North Africa maps would be cool down the road and would fit well with the plane set. Also less labour intensive, I guess, since they'd have less features than the Channel map.

Salmo
Mar-07-2013, 14:10
I tried to extract the files from Maps.SFS in order to get an idea how CloD maps are compiled but failed. Tried all the IL2:46 SFS extractors I could get my hands on and the kegetys stuff but no luck. Is there a proper SFS extractor for CloD available, or is the kegetys method the only one?

No public SFS extracter is available for COD. The map file structure is significantly different to that of IL2-1946.