PDA

View Full Version : Help! Game won't start!

joep
Mar-02-2013, 20:38
I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE PLACE TO POST THIS. I JUST PURCHASED CLIFF OF DOVER.
Hoping that most of the bugs were fixed by now. I loaded the game to the steam account and it appeared to be installing ll the current patches and updates. I am having problems to just get the game running. When I try to load the training sim it stops at 95-99 percent loading and just appears to go dead. Any suggestions??

Many Thanks Joe

Skoshi_Tiger
Mar-02-2013, 21:38
I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE PLACE TO POST THIS. I JUST PURCHASED CLIFF OF DOVER.
Hoping that most of the bugs were fixed by now. I loaded the game to the steam account and it appeared to be installing ll the current patches and updates. I am having problems to just get the game running. When I try to load the training sim it stops at 95-99 percent loading and just appears to go dead. Any suggestions??

Many Thanks Joe

Have you checked out the technical forum for COD? You might find a solution already posted otherwise it might be a more appropriate place for a help request.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?63-The-Technical-Corner

Cheers!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-03-2013, 07:01
Good idea, Skoshi_Tiger! Done.

Joep, please post your PC specs -- CPU, RAM, OS, Video card, etc. This will help some of our techno chaps here to better assist you.

Fenris
Mar-03-2013, 10:59
Check out the post further down, about windows update KB2670838.

joep
Mar-03-2013, 20:00
Thank you for the Suggestions.

And your right I should have posted my specs.

amd dual core 3.4 ghz
Nvidia 550gtx
raid western digital hard drives stripped 1.5 gig
Creative sound card soundblaster
external memorx dvd
internal samsung dvd
6 gigs of crucial memery

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-03-2013, 21:43
What is your operating system?

Your system specs are pretty low, but you should be able to run it. But the OS makes a big difference. Windows 7/Vista both in 64 bit is almost a requirement. The game doesn't much care for XP.