PDA

View Full Version : Water Radiator Controls

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Mar-03-2013, 07:51
Is it possible for TF to make it so all water radiator controls function the same when assigned to an axis? I believe this would only impact the Bf 109 & He 111 where the water radiator controls must be held up/down to open/close instead of just moving the axis to the desired position. In the He 111 there is no way to know what setting your water radiator is.

There used to be a mod that did this but I think the creator took it down due to loss of interest in CloD. I think this was reported as bug #29 on the bug tracker.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-03-2013, 08:41
Good suggestion

I've also noticed the following, which might be intentional, I don't know.

The button to increase prop rpm on the spitifre (towards fine pitch) is the opposite when I fly the 109.
It's only a slight annoyance, but I runt he risk of overspeeding when I jump from one type to the other.

Kling
Mar-03-2013, 10:52
Good suggestion

The button to increase prop rpm on the spitifre (towards fine pitch) is the opposite when I fly the 109.
It's only a slight annoyance, but I runt he risk of overspeeding when I jump from one type to the other.

+1

Stigler
Mar-03-2013, 11:39
Yeah there a few things like this.

I have configs per plane. Ju-88 and Bf-110 have prop pitch controls reversed one is correct other is opposite.

DGC338
Mar-04-2013, 02:44
Yes create a master key binding then adjust and save for each aircraft or series of aircraft. Do this in the controls page bottom right. Then you can load the appropriate profile for the appropriate config that you like. It can also be adjusted on the fly by esc and the controls.

III/JG53_Don
Mar-04-2013, 04:51

+1000 for this one. One of the nastiest and oldest bugs in this sim. Quite annoying during flight, I nearly always use the wrong (so the actual right) direction at first :D

Kling
Mar-04-2013, 04:59
Anyway lets go back on topic which is about radiator control...

Osprey
Mar-04-2013, 11:33
Good suggestion

Actually I disagree. You are correct in that they are opposite but if you bind a control to it, such as a lever type control as you'd use for pitch in the Spitfire, then in the 109 is matches the direction that you'd push the level to move the pitch clock. I use a spare throttle axis on my Sidewinder and just leave it in the middle, then push it forward for 'up' and pull back for 'down'. This matches the cockpit.

Back to the original point from the OP though, I wonder if anybody has any cutaways/evidence to also apply a change to the rad system where the 109 can shut off one rad if it is damaged. I'm not sure how much this would help in combat, I don't know if the E has it actually, but a few 109 pilots have mentioned it was possible but I'm yet to see documentation on it as yet.

@notafinger, have you checked the bugtracker for these items? I believe TF use this now.

~S~

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-04-2013, 15:08
Actually I disagree. You are correct in that they are opposite but if you bind a control to it, such as a lever type control as you'd use for pitch in the Spitfire, then in the 109 is matches the direction that you'd push the level to move the pitch clock. I use a spare throttle axis on my Sidewinder and just leave it in the middle, then push it forward for 'up' and pull back for 'down'.
~S~

I'm not sure you are disagreeing with me actually.
It seems you are suggesting that under the "axes" settings the controls are mapped correctly.
I'm talking about when prop pitch is assigned under the "keys" settings.

Catseye
Mar-04-2013, 16:08
It seems you are suggesting that under the "axes" settings the controls are mapped correctly.

I have it assigned to an axis slider and it is also reversed.

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-04-2013, 16:44
On my saitek throttle quadrant is where mine is assigned. Ans it is reversed... Quite annoying.

Robo.
Mar-05-2013, 06:54
Back to the original point from the OP though, I wonder if anybody has any cutaways/evidence to also apply a change to the rad system where the 109 can shut off one rad if it is damaged. I'm not sure how much this would help in combat, I don't know if the E has it actually, but a few 109 pilots have mentioned it was possible but I'm yet to see documentation on it as yet.

This was available only for the F versions and above, at first the valve was sort of a field mod and it was very desired as you can imagine.

I am using PP on a key (rocker type of thing like the real cockpit lever) so I don't know if it's reversed on the axis, I will check and ask if it's fixable.

Osprey
Mar-05-2013, 08:34
I'm not sure you are disagreeing with me actually.
I'm talking about when prop pitch is assigned under the "keys" settings.

I'm not saying you are wrong PS, I'm saying that I feel it is correct for LW pilots - at least it seems that way to me. But yes, I am not using key binds

Osprey
Mar-05-2013, 08:35
This was available only for the F versions and above, at first the valve was sort of a field mod and it was very desired as you can imagine.

Do you have any good cutaways or drawings/articles which demonstrate it?

Robo.
Mar-05-2013, 10:21

Any good 109 monography, good reference online is:

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/index1024.htm

Tech ref. -> System -> Cooling

SlipBall
Mar-05-2013, 10:51
I'm not saying you are wrong PS, I'm saying that I feel it is correct for LW pilots - at least it seems that way to me. But yes, I am not using key binds

It seems correct to me aswell using axis, back/clockwise/shut :ilike:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-05-2013, 12:15

ok gotcha now.

You're suggesting that the RAF one might be incorrect. That is;
Currently, in the RAF fighter we go to 100% for fine-pitch. However, perhaps it should be that we go to 100% for coarse pitch, as seems to be the case for the LW fighters.

SlipBall
Mar-05-2013, 12:21
I thought he was referring to the rad

Kling
Mar-05-2013, 13:57
Guys can we please keep this o topic?!? The name of the the thread is about radiator control, not about prop pitch. Can we please stay on topic?!?

VO101_Kurfurst
Mar-06-2013, 04:46

He is correct, the radiator cut off valves ("Kühlerabschaltung") were present only on F/G/K models. Those were simple valves, inside the cocpit the visible part of the system were two ring-shaped actuators (like a granades pin) on both sides of the cocpit near the pilots foot.

The 109F spare part lists have some good and accurate drawings. I can post it, but is it needed for Clod..?

Osprey
Mar-06-2013, 06:09
I'm hoping that somebody in TF managed to steal away that 109F ready for the Desert :)