PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Responses too Weak

Royraiden
Mar-04-2013, 16:49
Hi guys, Im having a bit of a problem when turning,diving,climbing because I feel like a I need to move the stick way too much to get the control surfaces of the plane reacting. Im pretty sure its just a setup problem rather than something else.I play 1946 without this problem, the responses are the way they should.My joystick is a CH Combatstick, although Im sure it has nothing to do with it.

Royraiden
Mar-05-2013, 10:03
Anyone?

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-05-2013, 10:09
Hmm, try doing a quick recalibration of your joystick in Windows. I doubt it's your setup, but Clod has on occasion given weird responses to joystick and/or rudder inputs that a recalibration has resolved.

Muffin
Mar-05-2013, 10:39
Hmmm, Im not quite sure. However, you should note that the faster your plane is travelling, the tougher the controls will be as there is a greater flow of air around them. The Me 109 was renowned for tough control while attempting to pull out of a dive. If a spitfire pilot had a me 109 on his six. He would dive to the deck and pull out at the last second, the me 109 would not be so lucky if it followed, smashing into the ground.

Royraiden
Mar-05-2013, 10:46
Hmmm, Im not quite sure. However, you should note that the faster your plane is travelling, the tougher the controls will be as there is a greater flow of air around them. The Me 109 was renowned for tough control while attempting to pull out of a dive. If a spitfire pilot had a me 109 on his six. He would dive to the deck and pull out at the last second, the me 109 would not be so lucky if it followed, smashing into the ground.

I understand what you are saying but thats not it.Even while flying slow say 250 kmh the responses are too weak.It just feel as it was a huge deadzone and a great part surrounding the center movements isnt recognized or something like that.I tried a few quick missions against a Defiant while fliyng the 109 and I couldnt keep up with it because Im turning and climbing way too slow.Im sure it is a response issue.Ill see what I can do.

LG1.Farber
Mar-05-2013, 11:18
Under controls axis move sensitivity to the right on both axes.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-05-2013, 12:28
Hi guys, Im having a bit of a problem when turning,diving,climbing because I feel like a I need to move the stick way too much to get the control surfaces of the plane reacting. Im pretty sure its just a setup problem rather than something else.I play 1946 without this problem, the responses are the way they should.My joystick is a CH Combatstick, although Im sure it has nothing to do with it.

None of these questions are designed to be patronising, just trying to understand where issues might be:

Is this occurring on all aircraft types? Or just some/one?

Do you have trim settings and are you using them?

Do you do pre-flight checks for full deflection on your controls when you are on the airfield, before you take-off (look out you window and manipulate the controls, check the surfaces respond fully and freely)?

Is your "control sensitivity" in game set to 1.00, or close to 1.00?

Royraiden
Mar-05-2013, 14:37
I played a little bit today and the controls were fine,flew the Stuka, Hurri , Spit and 109 without problems.I do have trims assigned and I used them to help me fly as level as I can.Axes are set to 1.Anyways I think it was just a random issue, lets hope it stays working from now on.Thanks.