http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R60LoGA-sKI

Also a very good vid.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-06-2013, 22:12
Wow!!!

Did Bader get the rabbit?

Injerin
Mar-06-2013, 22:13
He is quite the hunter let me tell ya lol! and yea he got it, just a bit later he got caught up with a snake in a shed, didn't have the camera rolling for that one.....lol..

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-07-2013, 07:31
nice guys, just got my alpha version today. will look out for you online/

Tvrdi
Mar-09-2013, 19:49
I had a pretty good fun tonite ain one of the Blitzkrieg servers. Surprisingly, game was smooth with 30 ppl in the woods. Not perfect but pretty smooth.

Furious
Mar-10-2013, 19:26
Got it too Injerin, I'll be looking out for ya!!

Katdog5
Mar-10-2013, 20:06
Played a few missions. Pretty awesome.

il_corleone
Mar-11-2013, 08:42
Nice game we have here, a short video, showing the "propwash" efect in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuOfn0x-W-o

Salute!

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-12-2013, 14:32
This seems fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tx0OMVjaPQ

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-12-2013, 18:39
What a hoot! LOL

thee_oddball
Mar-13-2013, 18:29
I spent 12 hours a day over the weekend messing with ARMA 3 missions and and scripting...i even went out and bought hardware to run a server, but i thought it was strange all the performance issues we were having and why only one core is really utilized.....i thought A3 was a new engine i did not realize ARMA3 is really ARMA2.? complete with performance issues :(...this is very disheartening indeed ...

Tvrdi
Mar-15-2013, 09:26
I spent 12 hours a day over the weekend messing with ARMA 3 missions and and scripting...i even went out and bought hardware to run a server, but i thought it was strange all the performance issues we were having and why only one core is really utilized.....i thought A3 was a new engine i did not realize ARMA3 is really ARMA2.? complete with performance issues :(...this is very disheartening indeed ...

Its an alpha build mate...and tbh now with the latest alpha build (it updates almost daily) its running great for alpha (spec blitzkrieg missions in MP). STability isnt perfect but still, pretty good for alpha.

THIS IS NOT A FINAL GAME.

thee_oddball
Mar-15-2013, 17:47
Its an alpha build mate...and tbh now with the latest alpha build (it updates almost daily) its running great for alpha (spec blitzkrieg missions in MP). STability isnt perfect but still, pretty good for alpha.

THIS IS NOT A FINAL GAME.

I am not going to argue with ya Tvrdi but understand this is not really an alpha as it is not really a new game...ARMA3 is built on ARMA2..in other words the core has not changed...hence the reason the it is so stable and that everyone is importing all the MODS and maps from ARMA2 already with little or no problem.

The biggest issue is the same one that was in ARMA2...its an old engine that was written for a single core era PC, and they did little or nothing to fix that in ARMA2 and the same crippling limitation is now in ARMA3 ....the game is for the most part only using one core but yet it is being asked to even more stuff than arma2 which is casing massive performance issues like people getting 15-20 FPS while there GPU is inly at %35...

it is the number 1 voted issue on there bug tracker but they are being evasive about it...on a positive note maybe all this scripting studying i was doing can be applied to CLOD :)

Tvrdi
Mar-29-2013, 05:54
I am not going to argue with ya Tvrdi but understand this is not really an alpha as it is not really a new game...ARMA3 is built on ARMA2..in other words the core has not changed...hence the reason the it is so stable and that everyone is importing all the MODS and maps from ARMA2 already with little or no problem.

The biggest issue is the same one that was in ARMA2...its an old engine that was written for a single core era PC, and they did little or nothing to fix that in ARMA2 and the same crippling limitation is now in ARMA3 ....the game is for the most part only using one core but yet it is being asked to even more stuff than arma2 which is casing massive performance issues like people getting 15-20 FPS while there GPU is inly at %35...

it is the number 1 voted issue on there bug tracker but they are being evasive about it...on a positive note maybe all this scripting studying i was doing can be applied to CLOD :)

Hey, I didnt want to argue. Just sharing my thoughts on the matter. :thumbsup: The fact is: ARMA3 is using a newest version of Real Virtuality game engine with improved graphic (DX11 with new improved Physics, render to texture, volumetric clouds, etc.) and many new features (flexibility of weapon attachements and customization, inventory system, ballistics, underwater warfare, infantry animations - new crouch, lean and prone expanded abilities etc etc). Sure, for now, it shares some multi core issues with ARMA2....We will see if that will be fixed in the final stage. Not that its the only game with that issue. Yes it is alpha now, not a final game. Im 100% sure.
BTW, with latest (bigger and smaller) updates to dev build I have VERY smooth gameplay online (even when 50 ppl is online). I had only once a noticable slowdown when a chopper spawned or was near me. But in all other cases (including choppers flying above me) its super smooth and that is with TrackIR gaming on 1920x1200 res. What I did I switched off post process effects (blur, bloom etc), and PPAA (post AA). And slightly lowered view distances (visibility). Rendering settings all to set very high. The game looks beautiful. And Wasteland servers are awesome (something between DayZ mod and ARMA2 OA).

btw, What would you say for BF4 which IS almost the same as BF3 with improved graphics...EA (DICE) even took same vehicles and russians as enemies etc...same stuff with better graphics....

Tvrdi
Jun-06-2013, 04:21
Latest (nondev) version of alpha introduces sniper rifles. jihaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89yfav6wEMQ

AKA_Recon
Sep-12-2013, 14:51
just was wondering if any other guys here are into it.

I used to play Arma 1 for awhile - was good stuff - needed better netcode.

I might grab Arma 3 soon

AKA_Recon
Sep-12-2013, 15:24
Tvrdi, how is online play.

It used to get laggy - jittery in the old days

Tvrdi
Sep-27-2013, 06:00
Tvrdi, how is online play.

It used to get laggy - jittery in the old days

Sry for late response mate. Its very good. Spec. if your on a server which has "enough power" to handle all things. I play mostly on Wasteland/Sandbox servers and only lag I could notice was (only sometimes) when I looked at heli flyin around.......

AKA_Recon
Sep-27-2013, 06:26
cool - I need to get this - I'm afraid if I do, I might not see sunlight for awhile though - I loved the earlier Arma

Tvrdi
Sep-27-2013, 08:04
cool - I need to get this - I'm afraid if I do, I might not see sunlight for awhile though - I loved the earlier Arma

Though I noticed that performance is better on smaller (but still huge) Stratis map..than it is on much bigger Altis...but most sandbox missions are on Stratis cause Altis is just too big...maybe is suitable for 128 players..

SoW Reddog
Sep-27-2013, 11:45
How many players have we got on ATAG for Arma? I wonder if we have enough to do a platoon sized mission? I don't mean like an EVO style free for all, but something with proper structure and narrative. Would there be any interest in that?

Tvrdi
Sep-27-2013, 17:14
Today they released new big update....on the changelog list is optimisation of Altis map..

AKA_Recon
Sep-27-2013, 19:29
How many players have we got on ATAG for Arma? I wonder if we have enough to do a platoon sized mission? I don't mean like an EVO style free for all, but something with proper structure and narrative. Would there be any interest in that?

+1 - I would definitely be interested in playing this if we had our own 'platoon' and worked together on TS

Teamwork makes the game 10x as fun

SoW Reddog
Sep-28-2013, 11:55
Well it'd be easy enough to put together a mission if we can get the numbers. Doesn't have to be the biggest thing in the world for a first attempt, just something immersive.

JG5_Emil
Apr-01-2014, 03:01
I might be interested if I can find the time.

I highly recommend you look in to some of the mods for co-op style play against the AI the main one would be the suppression mod which makes suppression of the AI much more realistic and unable to recover from being suppressed too quickly only to them head shot you from 200m :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19467

Another good mod is the TS acre plug in which realistically simulates battlefield radios and communications. If you've not used it it is awesome, you can hear each other talk close up but unlike TS you cannot hear your fellow soldier from 500m away unless you're using a radio set.

Bowsewr
Apr-27-2014, 00:30
I'm in for Arma if we get a coop thing set up!

Shello
May-10-2014, 12:15
Hey bow,

io have Arma and havent even really played it lol CLoD just took over me :) but i would be in for sure!

Aescwulf
May-10-2014, 12:33
I've got Arma3 aswell

marty
May-11-2014, 11:25
http://youtu.be/xiejOCBED84
*some strong language

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-15-2014, 16:20
Arma 3 free this weekend, 40% off price also....

Wolfskid
May-16-2014, 13:14
Hello Guys.....

Bohemia ( ARMA etc.) is 15 Years old.

So is a WEEKEND DEAL on Steam....

Operation Arrowhead for 2,99€..... etc.....

Have fun

Wolfskid