PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Advice

metalrockerlion1
Mar-07-2013, 00:48
Hello All,

I am new to your forum and I have been flying on your server.. When ever I get the chance I try to fly the 110 .I fly it as much as possible . I never have flown anything but full switch , full realisum and have started to enjoy CLOD .. Flying Il2 1946 before I flew Mostly In the zekes vs wildcats in the pacific canpaigings and than took a rest for a long while to enjoy another sim that is awesome when it is modded .. SH5 , And now I am enjoying Clod and On our server (ATAG) . when I set up keyboard commands in Clod , I tried to set-up the same key bindings that I had in Il2 1946 .. now to my question !! . when flying a multi engine aircraft like the 110 . I was not able to to feather the prop on the damged engine when I was attacked by a hurricane that blew up my Oil sumthing .. As I said I tried to represent the same key bindings that I had set up In Il2 1946 . what that was in turning off an engine was Shift R.L than "E", for a two engine aircraft or for a four engine aircraft it was toggle engine 1.2.3.4. and than push "E" to start , if I had to feather a prop and still keep flying I would Toggle .1, ,2 ,3 ,4 and than push shift f to feather that respective engine ..

However , I have shift ,R,L and than E to start the engines IN CLOD , and I have the key binding ctrl "F" to feather the prop which never works . I have to do this manualy while flying the plane and using the mouse to decrease prop pitch and than shut the oil Rad, And RAd and then magnetos off . Do I have to actually bind ctrl "f and than 1 to get the prop to feather ? I have been trying to feather the prop by using shift r ,l , than e to shut off the engine and than trying shift 1 and than shift f to feather the prop it never works . what are the suggestions on this matter ?

Thanks
metalrockerlion

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-07-2013, 01:27
Prop feathering doesn't work on the 110, infact I don't think it actually had the ability to do that.

You've been doing it the right way; prop to 8:30 and close rads.