PDA

View Full Version : M 4.5 Target screenshots

palker
Mar-08-2013, 18:12
I made these pictures for myself so that i can locate this target easier. They are bit crude (MS paint ftw) but they do the job for me. I wanted to share this intel with another bomber pilots along with my usual attack strategy that has worked out for me very well so far. Hope it helps.

I marked positions of the target and surrounding AAA. Plus some other important things.

Usual plan of attack is to fly north of target area keeping my distance before i can identify the target because the AAA will not fire at you until you are fairly close. The picture in attachment was taken from my Blenheim before i turned and started my attack run. It is best to bomb from a shallow dive because the great speed you will achieve that will minimize exposure to the hostile AAA, that is rather heavy around the target. The reason why I fly north of the target before the attack is the south west running ridge that i marked on the picture. I use it to take cover from the AAA guns that will run berserk after my attack run. It is extremely useful terrain feature and if i keep close to the ground the ridge will block all enemy fire. When i get out of the range i just turn west to fly home untouched by AAA.

Also the cursor on the map points roughly at the target spot.

92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)
Mar-08-2013, 19:23
Great stuff thank you!