PDA

View Full Version : Smoke draw distance and old style bullet holes?

Flanker15
Mar-09-2013, 02:38
I remember something that I thought could be improved waaaaaay back when CloD came out was that past a few km's from the camera the smoke trails from burning planes stopped spawning they never patched it though.
The other thing is with the latest official patch they got bullet holes working again but lost the different types of holes for different materials (glass and fabric eg) and the bullet holes don't draw consistently anymore (diss/reappearing). Are these somethings that are within the reach of TF's tools?
I'm real happy that Clods getting community work done on it now, Good luck!: thumbsup:

Kling
Mar-09-2013, 04:32
I remember something that I thought could be improved waaaaaay back when CloD came out was that past a few km's from the camera the smoke trails from burning planes stopped spawning they never patched it though.
The other thing is with the latest official patch they got bullet holes working again but lost the different types of holes for different materials (glass and fabric eg) and the bullet holes don't draw consistently anymore (diss/reappearing). Are these somethings that are within the reach of TF's tools?
I'm real happy that Clods getting community work done on it now, Good luck!: thumbsup:

+1 on this one!!

Also, is the contrail smoke 2d or 3d? Sometimes it looks 2d and sometimes 3d.. I do agree with Flanker, t would look good if they were a bit whiter, and maybe started a bit further behind the planes and maybe disippated a bit quicker to save FPS?! No idea about the FPS hit on game play;) You guys are doing a great job!!!

And I would like to add; is there a way to add the amount of small caliber bullets holes? As it is currently you can spray and plane full of bullets and later on if you pass and click ctrl F2 to look at you enemy, he might have something like 2 tiny holes in the left wing anf maybe as many in the right wing... Well you know what i mean...:) I would like to see the planes with lot more bullets holes :) Is this possible at all with the current game engine?

III/JG53_Don
Mar-11-2013, 06:46
I agree this would be pretty cool!
Allthough we shouldn't hassle TF too much about those things.

These threads are great for conveying some issues that TF maybe isn't aware of... but I don't want to be suggestive of putting pressure on those folks from TF :D

Your work is much appreciated :salute:

Royraiden
Mar-11-2013, 07:15
I noticed that too,while being shredded by a hurricane when I look to the wings to examine the damage all I see is 1 or 2 bullet holes on the wing.If the sim is capable of showing all the bullet holes or at least more.I know this isnt on the top of the priority list just now, but when the team starts looking at the DM this should be up there

Flanker15
Aug-22-2013, 22:26
Old bump
Anything changed for this for the new release?