PDA

View Full Version : Track file graphics problem - smoke turns into big white blobs...

Oersted
Mar-09-2013, 19:48
Hi all,

I know there are plenty of problems with how the track files render events during missions... This one is a biggie though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIC2Hqkk0wU

- Ordinary smoke turns into big ugly white blobs... Making most track files totally useless.

Do any of you know of a solution to this? It really makes life almost impossible for movie makers. I am stumped in my movie making, because the external-view tracks cannot be used for anything involving air-to-air shooting...

Update: I tried with different types of ammo, but there was no change (tried all-incendiary and all-armour-piercing).

Would be fantastic if any movie-loving TF member could look into this. I totally understand, though, if it is low priority...

Continu0
Mar-10-2013, 03:29
Have you also tried different realism-settings? I think you get bigger smoke-clouds when playing with lower realism..

Cassius
Mar-10-2013, 04:38
The difference in the game and in the tracks of the game, can be traced from the release. This is one of the sore points in CLOD...

HolyGrail
Mar-10-2013, 12:45
Hi Oersted ,
Is there any possibility you can share this track so I can take a look in to smoke issue ?
Was this originally recorded on-line or off-line ? as there is a little bit difference in game
engine handling some of the on-line and off-line effects so have to check it out if that is
the main culprit and address it accordingly . :thumbsup:

:salute: HG

Kling
Mar-10-2013, 13:16
Hi Oersted ,
Is there any possibility you can share this track so I can take a look in to smoke issue ?
Was this originally recorded on-line or off-line ? as there is a little bit difference in game
engine handling some of the on-line and off-line effects so have to check it out if that is
the main culprit and address it accordingly . :thumbsup:

Heeeeey Holygrail nice to see u on TF!! Ur fire/smoke mods for il2 1946 are priceless!! May I trust that you have the same plans for Clod at a later patch release?!? :) :)

HolyGrail
Mar-10-2013, 13:46
Heeeeey Holygrail nice to see u on TF!! Ur fire/smoke mods for il2 1946 are priceless!! May I trust that you have the same plans for Clod at a later patch release?!? :) :)

Hello VA_Kling :)
how is it goin' ? , nice to see you and have you for quite some time aboard ATAG forum :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for your kind words , yes the previous IL-2 1946 effects work
left some wonderful memories and was continued to be improved by some other
enthusiasts who replaced some of the particles based ground and aircraft smokes
effects with animated .txl based effects to have bigger and less transparent effects . :thumbsup:
This CloD game engine effects processing system is an entirely different beast thou .
Won't go in to details but if everything goes well " You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet ! "

:)

Mysticpuma
Mar-10-2013, 15:01
I have ;)

HolyGrail
Mar-10-2013, 16:53
Calling Oersted but nobody is picking up http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/telephone.gif

Lets wait , he's probably sleeping by now......http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/avatar36376_1.gif

Oersted
Mar-10-2013, 18:04
I'm back!

Here you have the original track-file as well as the same file run through the ATAG Track Editor. I also included a couple of small video captures of the action starting around 12½ minutes into the tracks:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45gzclvp03pmryj/iPNhpZAwPK

You will see the same issue in basically all track-files. It is more apparent when many bullets hit a target, so it is particularly evident in attacks on bombers. It is in all the youtube vids I have seen by other movie makers working from ATAG-track-edited tracks.

The interesting thing is that the white blob effect only appears when you re-record a track file. As you can see in the first, original track file (the one I captured while playing) there is no problem with the rendering of the debris cloud. The problem is that, to get outside views, you have to re-record the track file with the help of the ATAG track editor. That's when you get the big white blobs. If the ATAG server didn't have locked in-cockpit views in the track files there wouldn't be a problem.

The exact same phenomenon happened in Il-2 "Classic", so it is a legacy issue. Maybe that can help you track it down.

HolyGrail, thanks so much for your interest in this issue. Gazillions of potential CoD-videomakers will be grateful that you are just looking into it!

HolyGrail
Mar-10-2013, 18:23
Here you are :thumbsup:
Thank you Oersted for upload and sharing but somehow It won't let me download ( neither one )
Please can you take a look if it is working for you ? , I click save to my music folder but nothing happen .
We'll check it out but I had no idea it was run through ATAG Track Editor as I am not using it .
This is probably ATAG Track Editor related issue and Colander who knows the stuff is now busy with the
first upcoming patch related work .
Will keep this in mind and try to get some answers but once the patch is out there will be more time
to get back to it if there is any possibility something can be done about it , Colander will have his say in this :thumbsup:

Cheers,
HG

Royraiden
Mar-10-2013, 18:54
Thanks HolyGrail for taking the matter into consideration.

Oersted
Mar-10-2013, 19:33
Here you are :thumbsup:
Thank you Oersted for upload and sharing but somehow It won't let me download ( neither one )
Please can you take a look if it is working for you ? , I click save to my music folder but nothing happen .
We'll check it out but I had no idea it was run through ATAG Track Editor as I am not using it .
This is probably ATAG Track Editor related issue and Colander who knows the stuff is now busy with the
first upcoming patch related work .
Will keep this in mind and try to get some answers but once the patch is out there will be more time
to get back to it if there is any possibility something can be done about it , Colander will have his say in this :thumbsup:

Cheers,
HG

Maybe I need to share with you, so if you could pm me your dropbox user name? Actually, it would be even easier if you pm me your email address. The tracks are around 10mb each, I can put them in two mails.

Can you see the movie clips?

I tried to make a new track based on the original, and you're right, the blobs weren't in that one, so it would indeed seem that it could be connected to Colanders' track editor.

Againb, thx so much for loking into this!

Kling
Mar-10-2013, 19:41
Hello VA_Kling :)
how is it goin' ? , nice to see you and have you for quite some time aboard ATAG forum :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for your kind words , yes the previous IL-2 1946 effects work
left some wonderful memories and was continued to be improved by some other
enthusiasts who replaced some of the particles based ground and aircraft smokes
effects with animated .txl based effects to have bigger and less transparent effects . :thumbsup:
This CloD game engine effects processing system is an entirely different beast thou .
Won't go in to details but if everything goes well " You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet ! "

:)

Sounds like the future is bright!!! ;)

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-10-2013, 20:09
May i just add another graphic glitch / bug on this topic? When we play a recorded track, one processed by ATAG TrackEditor, the clouds disapear from outside views. Its not a big deal for a regular player, to review a track, but its a problem for film makers i guess. Sometimes the most beautiful film shots are againts the clouds and its a shame we cant use them on tracks taken from ATAG. I must add i dont know how it is on other servers, because i dont fly elsewhere, im just assuming this is a common problem.

HolyGrail
Mar-11-2013, 08:36
Hi Oersted ,
downloaded both files with Mozilla Firefox without a hitch :thumbsup:

Thx :)

Oersted
Mar-11-2013, 11:24
Great. I replied to you by mail.

HolyGrail
Mar-11-2013, 13:36
Thx :thumbsup:

1lokos
Mar-11-2013, 16:14
I am notice this blobs too, online and sometimes offline, if I am close to another plane.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9638/blobs.jpg

VGA HD 7970

Sokol1

Cassius
Mar-11-2013, 17:02
Del.