PDA

View Full Version : Server disconnected for the second time in 2 days.

RedBeard
Mar-13-2013, 08:45
So i decided too fly towards france for some dogfighting yesterday, and suddenly i get disconnected from the server. Same thing happend today. Server timed out or something.

Never had this problem before till yersterday. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-13-2013, 08:51
Hello

Now let me try to gatter some information about you reported.

First of all:

1. Did anyone else got disconnected by then?
2. Were you on TeamSpeak? - Anyone else reported something strange | Lost connection to TS?
3. What time it was and what is your local GMT? (To see if its possible to one of the server admins check the logs)
4. Do you have automatic windows updates? - There are reports of a "malefic" update that causes CLOD to crash after 10-20 mins running. (Check technical section on these forums)

Report when you have a chance.

RedBeard
Mar-13-2013, 17:28
Posting a reply as soon as possible.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-13-2013, 22:37
So i decided too fly towards france for some dogfighting yesterday, and suddenly i get disconnected from the server. Same thing happend today. Server timed out or something.

Never had this problem before till yersterday. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Were you recording a track?

RedBeard
Mar-14-2013, 05:20
I did, should i post it?

RedBeard
Mar-14-2013, 05:22
1. Did anyone else got disconnected by then?
No, there were only 5 or 6 players on the server. I refreshed the list and they were still in it.

2. Were you on TeamSpeak? - Anyone else reported something strange | Lost connection to TS?
No, i wasnt on TS.

3. What time it was and what is your local GMT? (To see if its possible to one of the server admins check the logs)
I live in holland, so its +1.00

4. Do you have automatic windows updates? - There are reports of a "malefic" update that causes CLOD to crash after 10-20 mins running. (Check technical section on these forums)
Yes i have, i will look into it, and post a reply as soon as possible.

THX

RedBeard
Mar-14-2013, 05:40
by the way, i have a track, but i remember that i started to record the the track while i already spawned. And i saw on another thread, this was causing the disconnecting. So ill try starting recording before i spawn:thumbsup:

i'll keep you updated.

RedBeard
Mar-14-2013, 05:49
Here is my recorded track,

Not needed anymore

I already edited it with the trackeditor from this website.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-14-2013, 05:54
I did, should i post it?

I was just asking because recording tracks is known to cause server disconnects. So that was probably the reason you got disconnected. Some people get away with it, but others not so much :D

RedBeard
Mar-14-2013, 06:08
Im alwasy recording tracks, and never had any trouble at all. Weird.

Update# Flew a succesfull flight today at 12:00 o'clock dutch time. Server just restarted and recorded my track. I think the problem vanished.

Gratz:D

DK_
Mar-17-2013, 13:13
Many have reported it is best to start recording track before you spawn aircraft. If recording is started after spawn many say that can cause launcher crash.

RedBeard
Mar-22-2013, 18:27
Those little things, you gotta be aware off:)