PDA

View Full Version : the "DARK" mission.... Server killer

71st_AH_Vertigo
Mar-14-2013, 00:06
Hey fellas,
I am a big fan of all that ATAG has brought to the experience.
Great servers, great squaddies, just an all-around great experience..
But can we somehow change the start time on the dark mission so that it's a bit more light..?
Just like tonight , I wanted to squeeze in a half hour or so of flying in at the end of a long day..
Jumped online, fired up my spit, two minutes in and blue team reached their objectives.. Map flips.. Dark mission.. 22 players leave..

Move the start time up three hours maybe..? its a server killer as is... :/

Vertigo

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-14-2013, 06:16
This is more of a server mission discussion rather than Team Fusion.

I actually quite enjoy that map and with the upcoming patch, bombers will be easier to spot enabling the fighters to find the bombers a whole lot easier. However, I am a bomber pilot and enjoy the early mission, not everyone else may enjoy the same type but I personally think it's cooler to fly in the morning. Sorry that you are getting bad luck with mission rotation.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-14-2013, 06:44
Hi Vertigo,:salute:

I also notice the drop in numbers when the mission rotates, (although this also happens to some extent when any mission rotates) and I understand the frustration that just taking off can can cause. I enjoy the 'dark' mission though, it is an opportunity for me to employ different tactics and to fly alone in a vulnerable bomber. Maybe just twenty minutes later would assist with this without losing the tactical variety and opportunities? I don't have too long as it is to take advantage of the dark in a bomber.

I would also regret always having to fly in a near cloudless summers' day noon because the sim looks so beautiful with a low sun.

Septic.

Mastiff
Mar-14-2013, 10:05
turn up gama, and contrast..on your monitor helps me.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-14-2013, 10:17
Here's my suggestion;

Start the mission with a nearly setting sun, rather than a rising one.
That would prevent the people leaving when the mission starts, and would also result in a race against the sun (by those who don't like night flying) to complete objectives and flip the map before it got dark.

Also the sun would be behind the allies for a change, which is rare.