PDA

View Full Version : Update 03/15/13: Mapwork in progress

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-15-2013, 12:46
Salute All

Some work in progress from the map team, thanks to Marmus.

This is basic analysis of the methodology of building textures on the existing map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hgaDms9ey1s

Screenshots from possible map versions, thanks to V@s'OK

http://s45.radikal.ru/i108/1302/35/177d63b7a206.jpg

http://s005.radikal.ru/i209/1301/2c/f7b584e0ebf0.jpg

Satellite photography based textures from Hawkzz:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/JG77Hawk_7/highalt_zps1c843134.jpg

il_corleone
Mar-15-2013, 12:52
Nice show guys! thats really impresive the things you can do whit a map! salute, hope you guys can modify the terrains!

SG1_sandokito
Mar-15-2013, 13:05
The first image is very beautiful.

Thanks for this video good work

Flanker35M
Mar-15-2013, 13:56
S!

Great work guys! Keep it up :)

Borsch
Mar-15-2013, 14:06
Sand dunes look stunningly perfect, but as ever, the problem is making the actual new geometry mesh for the textures, rather then re-texturing Dover/Calais with sand/snow etc...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-15-2013, 14:22
Sand dunes look stunningly perfect, but as ever, the problem is making the actual new geometry mesh for the textures, rather then re-texturing Dover/Calais with sand/snow etc...

Yes, and we are working on that.

LG1.Farber
Mar-15-2013, 14:35

Good update Buzzsaw, thanks! This is one of the aspects I am most awaiting. I know it is a work in progress but from small acorns grow oak trees. :thumbsup:

6./JG26_Warjunkie
Mar-15-2013, 14:48
Very Good!:thumbsup:

Borsch
Mar-15-2013, 15:02

This is actually VERY good to hear! :) Libya would be perfect fit for CLoD planeset :)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-15-2013, 15:35
That very last pic has me excited, Buzzsaw. Normally from high altitude we'd be looking at the Florida Everglades in the distance. Looks like you can actually navigate using distant terrain land features like that winding river now! :thumbsup:

vranac
Mar-15-2013, 16:08

Very good news guys :thumbsup:

Thank you! This is the future of this sim.

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-15-2013, 17:40
Very nice work all ... :thumbsup:

Catseye
Mar-15-2013, 22:41
That very last pic has me excited, Buzzsaw. Normally from high altitude we'd be looking at the Florida Everglades in the distance. Looks like you can actually navigate using distant terrain land features like that winding river now! :thumbsup:

Or Muskoka cottage country for you T.O. types. :)

9./ZG26Eicken
Mar-15-2013, 23:46
The picture up there that has the satellite textures, *points a few posts up* will it look something like this? but better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncraSUt9pNw

For 1946 this looks amazing, I just wonder what new limits this new engine can be taken to.

III/JG53_Don
Mar-16-2013, 06:33
Nothing could excite me more than work on a possible Mediterranean Theatre :-)
The most important planes and factions are already there... so this should be the new theatre which is easiest to make. But this is just a guessing from a noob regarding software development :D

TheVino3
Mar-16-2013, 08:57
Nothing could excite me more than work on a possible Mediterranean Theatre :-)
The most important planes and factions are already there... so this should be the new theatre which is easiest to make. But this is just a guessing from a noob regarding software development :D

Essentially youre completely right, and for me personally a Malta map with southern Sicily and maybe (just maybe) some Tunisia would be incredibly exciting and fun. Hopefully this will eventuate in the not toooooo distant future :thumbsup:.

Royraiden
Mar-16-2013, 09:30
Essentially youre completely right, and for me personally a Malta map with southern Sicily and maybe (just maybe) some Tunisia would be incredibly exciting and fun. Hopefully this will eventuate in the not toooooo distant future :thumbsup:.

I would love that :)

Moggy
Mar-16-2013, 10:08
Quick question with regards to the map. Are there any plans to fix the current map? In particular, you cannot exit certain spawn points without your aircraft tipping over, Biggin Hill's e-pens and Shoreham come to mind.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-16-2013, 10:54
Quick question with regards to the map. Are there any plans to fix the current map? In particular, you cannot exit certain spawn points without your aircraft tipping over, Biggin Hill's e-pens and Shoreham come to mind.

There are many many plans and sooooo little time.

14./JG5_Droz
Mar-16-2013, 11:38
The picture up there that has the satellite textures, *points a few posts up* will it look something like this? but better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncraSUt9pNw

For 1946 this looks amazing, I just wonder what new limits this new engine can be taken to.

Eiken, where can I get that mod? I want it!

9./ZG26Eicken
Mar-16-2013, 11:53
pm sent :)

So my question, will you be able to make cliffs of dover look like the above video? Not exactly like that, I mean with satellite imagery of France and Britain etc.

III/JG53_Don
Mar-16-2013, 11:55

I'll keep my fingers crossed for successful development in that direction! :thumbsup:
Early Malta Raids 1940 with the Regia Aeronautica would be awesome! And we blue pilots would soon appreciate the comfort of a closed canopy.... or the other way around the opened canopies in hot climate... :stunned:
Besides making a Tunisia / Libya map would easily circumvent the damned issue with the tree collision.... hitting the only palm tree in a 30km wide terrain should result in sudden cancelation of your virtual pilot licence anyway :goofy

Moggy
Mar-16-2013, 16:04
There are many many plans and sooooo little time.

Yeah no worries Colander. I kinda regretted typing the message after sending it.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-16-2013, 21:56

I also would love that :)

Buffin
Mar-18-2013, 17:01
Hi guys, Excellent work, maps look gorgeous.:thumbsup: I want to ask if you plan for the future, expanding maps of the whole of England, France and other European countries? I know it's very, very busy, but this could be done as a paid addon ... Buffo :flying:

ATAG_Colander
Mar-18-2013, 17:04
TF does not and will not charge for any of the releases.