PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with server connection issue

donut.boy2
Mar-18-2013, 01:58
Hi, ive been using this game on the main server for months now, but today i get this error
"Connection attempt to remote host rejected. Reason:Server uses a different version of the game (3.00). "

I am really unsure what this means, and what i should do to fix the problem i am having. On the server list page of the game when i select any ATAG server i receive a warning in red "Server version 3:00 does not match 1:11 on the upper right hand side of the screen.

Main screen of the game shows version 1.11.20362

sorry if i am doing something obviously wrong, but i am completely lost. I have uninstalled/re installed through steam, and all other servers work. any help or suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

thanks, Duncan

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-18-2013, 02:07
Hi Duncan,

There's a new patch out on the server. Get it here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3777

donut.boy2
Mar-18-2013, 02:09
Hi Duncan,

There's a new patch out on the server. Get it here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3777

Thanks so much, sorry for being such a noob.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-18-2013, 02:11
Thanks so much, sorry for being such a noob.

Haha - Don't worry about it. We should have put something in our server description, but we were kinda all running around like mad today. :D

warnp
Mar-18-2013, 13:54
Hi, sorry this my first post, I can't connect to the server too, I have installed the last patch (TEAM FUSION V1 (3.00)) but I get a timeout when I try to connect to the ATAG server, I really don't know what to do. :(

ATAG_Septic
Mar-18-2013, 14:16
Hi, sorry this my first post, I can't connect to the server too, I have installed the last patch (TEAM FUSION V1 (3.00)) but I get a timeout when I try to connect to the ATAG server, I really don't know what to do. :(

Hi Warnp and Welcome to the forum.

Maybe the server mission was rotating? If not and it's a hard fault then I'm not sure what to suggest. I'm on Teamspeak though and will try and help, give me a nudge. :D

Septic.

warnp
Mar-18-2013, 14:22
Ok, thanks for your help, I've tried to connect all this afternoon, I go on TS as soon as I can!

Panzer
Mar-19-2013, 12:27
I Get in many servers
"Connection attempt to remote host rejected. Reasonerver uses a different version of the game "

Thats is OK ! , I use the new new patch 3.0 ! :thumbsup:

I can connect to other many servers without problems, Thats is OK , :thumbsup: .. I think...

But the only server, I can not connect is ATAG Server ( 3.0 )

I have the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in another language. (Not english)
But I get a message like this , all time: (I hope can you understand )

"Server do not response, Timeout"

What I can do ?

warnp
Mar-19-2013, 12:37
Panzer, don't worry, you're not alone... :D

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2013, 12:40
Have you guys tryed to direct connect? It uses UDP protocol, which is more reliable.

With the Mod launched, go to direct connect and use that ip + port: 216.52.148.29:27016

warnp
Mar-19-2013, 12:43
I've tried that yesterday, and today, it didn't work for me. Though, I've open the port with TCP/UDP in my box and in my firewall, and I can ping your server with no problem (~ping 150)

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2013, 12:49
Can you indulge me and try again? Maybe you caught a map change or something. Thank you and report back if you can.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-19-2013, 12:50
Some one had a similar issue some time back and resolved it by restarting the ISP modem.

Gromic
Mar-19-2013, 13:33
I had the same problem with regards to the timeout when attempting to join ATAG after installing V3.00. I also have this when I run a dedicated server on my box (any version) but not when running as a non modded client. I fix it by deactivating all network cards (I have 3 physical) except for the one used to access the internet. Apparently the game doesn't bother with the standard windows routing dictated to it by TCP. This isn't a TF issue since it's been around before the mod.

warnp
Mar-19-2013, 13:52
You save my day! I've some vmware virtual network card which was running, I deactivated them, and now, it works!

SO DEACTIVATE YOUR VIRTUAL NETWORK CARD IF YOU HAVE A TIMEOUT ERROR!

Panzer
Mar-19-2013, 17:10
I have a single computer + Only one network card direct connect to ADSL Modem, I Dont have Wireless or Wi Fi - Not have Router.

:(

ATAG_Colander
Mar-19-2013, 17:12
I have a single computer + Only one network card direct connect to ADSL Modem, I Don´t have Wireless or Wi Fi - Not have Router.

:(

The ADSL Modem is the "router" in this case