PDA

View Full Version : Mod installed sim crashes

zahnartz62
Mar-18-2013, 15:01
I installed as directed and have Documents, Il2 CoD and second with added MOD. Starting with desktop icon which now works the sim opened to new background etc. I did copy and move music to MOD works fine. I take off and rudders and throttle work but once clicking outside view X52pro, sim froze no response. restrated PC etc this time I fired MGs almost at clearing trees and froze up. I was not expecting this and can't remember keys that froze first 2 takeoffs. The elevator trim slider on throttle worked. NOT COMPLAINING!! So happy to have my Bf110 and Ju 87 available ..some smartarse commented many emails back that we need fellows like me to fly the targets..OK,OK! Many thanks to modders and all FYI.....

Shado
Mar-18-2013, 15:56
I installed as directed and have Documents, Il2 CoD and second with added MOD. Starting with desktop icon which now works the sim opened to new background etc. I did copy and move music to MOD works fine. I take off and rudders and throttle work but once clicking outside view X52pro, sim froze no response. restrated PC etc this time I fired MGs almost at clearing trees and froze up. I was not expecting this and can't remember keys that froze first 2 takeoffs. The elevator trim slider on throttle worked. NOT COMPLAINING!! So happy to have my Bf110 and Ju 87 available ..some smartarse commented many emails back that we need fellows like me to fly the targets..OK,OK! Many thanks to modders and all FYI.....

Hi it has been happening the same to me ronight, but I have been messing around with my graphics settings, for me Vsynch seems to be the culprit, it may be related

ATAG_Colander
Mar-18-2013, 16:12
Make sure you don't have the dreaded Windows update that is messing things up.

Shado
Mar-18-2013, 16:42
Make sure you don't have the dreaded Windows update that is messing things up.

AHA, well it's there ATAG_Colander , unnistalling now, fingers crossed you hit it on the head :)

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-18-2013, 17:36
One thing to try, especially for those that haven't played the sim in a while and decided to try the patch:

Make sure you go to the ProgramFiles/steam/xxx/xxx/IL2 Cliffs of Dover/Redis folder and run all those applications (dx update, .net update, etc.) before starting the sim.

Also if you have all the latest windows updates, Sweet FX and other AA injectors need to be uninstalled as those cause crashes now (if you have the latest windows update)

For me, Sweet FX would crash my game after 20 minutes. I'm running the latest windows updates, since removing Sweet FX haven't had a single crash.

Biggest thing is to run through the stuff in the Redis folder 1st.

Shado
Mar-18-2013, 18:46
!S Roger, stable as a stable thing on a stable day now, not one crash , touch wood.

zahnartz62
Mar-19-2013, 11:16
I reinstalled CoD via steam. I copied all ini files to CoD-MOD. Just had perfect flight (for me) without Gameboost. no propeller minipauses, no stuttering, lovely ground colors etc. Very happy. Many thanks to MOD team. :)

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-19-2013, 15:24
I reinstalled CoD via steam. I copied all ini files to CoD-MOD. Just had perfect flight (for me) without Gameboost. no propeller minipauses, no stuttering, lovely ground colors etc. Very happy. Many thanks to MOD team. :)

Good news. Great to hear! :)