PDA

View Full Version : Bug with the cannon force when firing the 20mm (force feedback)

Kling
Mar-19-2013, 12:23
This has been a bug in the game since day one. So sorry if it looks like something TF created!

The bf109 cannon force feedback is far too strong when you turn on 'realistic gunnery'. This doesn't affect any other aircraft's FFB, only the 109.

If you turn the 'realistic gunnery' setting off, the forces are the same in the bf109 as with other planes.

It appears that the .ffe file the 109 uses when realistic gunnery is turned on is the shake.ffe file instead of the autocannon.ffe file.

Can we please change this as I like full realism settings but the cannon on the 109 makes my stick literally jump off the table and makes aiming very hard?

If you try to edit the shake.ffe file to minmise the cannon shaking you then lose the stall warning and other feedback because they use this file. The cannon should use the autocannon.ffe file, and it appears to do this if you turn realistic gunnery off.

I also reported this in the bugtracker list.

Best regards

DGC338
Mar-19-2013, 21:31
Agreed. It has been a problem since IL-2. Though in IL-2 it was the 30mm that had the shake profile and not the 20mm. Would be great if this was fixed. I imagine it would not take too much to fix and would make a vast improvement for Force feedback fliers.

DK_
Mar-19-2013, 21:32
I agree, it seems too strong.

III/JG53_Don
Mar-20-2013, 08:08
+1
ffb is way to strong in this regard!

Mattias
Mar-20-2013, 18:08
If you turn the 'realistic gunnery' setting off, the forces are the same in the bf109 as with other planes.

It appears that the .ffe file the 109 uses when realistic gunnery is turned on is the shake.ffe file instead of the autocannon.ffe file.

This is interesting, thank you for sharing :salute:

Cheers/m

1lokos
Mar-20-2013, 18:17
There's a old program called Force Editor-Edit1 that edit Force Feedback files.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=220262&postcount=3

And if you move/rename shake.ffe, then copy autocannon.ffe and rename to shake.ffe, just to test?

Sokol1

Kling
Mar-20-2013, 19:37
There's a old program called Force Editor-Edit1 that edit Force Feedback files.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=220262&postcount=3

And if you move/rename shake.ffe, then copy autocannon.ffe and rename to shake.ffe, just to test?

Sokol1

Just tried it..
I do get lower forces for the cannon but I also almost completely lose the stall shaking..

Thx for the suggestion though :(

DGC338
Mar-20-2013, 21:25
Force edit doesn't work in this case. As the FF profile of the 109 uses the shake profile for both the cannon and the stall warning. If you change the profile to make the cannon rock and roll less you change the stall warning characteristics at the same time. What needs to happen is a split in drives what. The cannon firing needs to activate the autocannon file (instead of the shake file) whilst retaining the shake file effect for the stall warning.

Kling
Mar-21-2013, 04:58
Force edit doesn't work in this case. As the FF profile of the 109 uses the shake profile for both the cannon and the stall warning. If you change the profile to make the cannon rock and roll less you change the stall warning characteristics at the same time. What needs to happen is a split in drives what. The cannon firing needs to activate the autocannon file (instead of the shake file) whilst retaining the shake file effect for the stall warning.

Yes... I hope this can be fixed at some point. Dont know how difficult it is to fix though.

LBR=H.Ostermann
Nov-26-2014, 20:34
S!

Bump.

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Jun-01-2017, 19:15
Hi Kling,

Used the search function and found your thread. Has this been addressed for 4.5? Figured better to necro a thread than start a new one.

Thanks TF!

BOO
Jun-02-2017, 03:47
If it hasn't you can use the editor to reduce the waveform in the first few m/s only. The result should be that the first big jolt when firing cannon goes but there remains enough after effect to keep the stall shake (although it comes in slightly later). Not perfect but not too bad.