PDA

View Full Version : GPU advice 7870 xt

Bokonon
Mar-19-2013, 12:37
Hi everyone, I'm looking at replacing my SLI'd 460's with the 7870 xt, however I am slightly concerned about the graphical corruption reported by many radeon card users in the past. Sokol1 informed me that he is still suffering with the same issues over at sim HQ, but I would like some other radeon users to let me know whether it still affecting them, particularly those on the Fusion patch.

I would really like this card as it seems to be immense value, but dodgy graphics in Clod could be a deal breaker for me.
Thanks in advance Boko

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2013, 12:47
As a owner of a HD6970 Radeon/AMD card, on a rig with a I7 2600k quadcore, i can say this: Even when evrybody was complaining about stutters i hardly even noticed them, if there was one. The fps on my card were never the highest around populated cities - around 30 fps, and on "normal" ground i had the max available since i had vsynch on (60fps), but i run with evrything on max (i love eye candy)

I should expect you to run evrything just smooth with that card, depending on your CPU either.

Bokonon
Mar-19-2013, 12:51
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm sure it will run smooth, what I was referring to was corruption such as strange graphics boxes in the sea and other strange things unique to the radeons, do you see anything like that?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3745703/AMD_GFX_advice#Post3745703

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2013, 12:56
Cant open the link with jpeg (just wont open) at HQ, can you point it elsewhere to see what you boys talking about?

Bokonon
Mar-19-2013, 13:14
Can't at the moment as I'm at work, it looks like a couple of white lines at right angles to each other lying across the landscape. More noticeable over sea than land by all accounts. I guess if you have to ask its not something you've ever had a problem with:D
btw I run an i5 2500k so no probs there.