PDA

View Full Version : Please help a desperate offline Player

DennydD
Mar-19-2013, 16:08
I tested the new patch yesterday and it was just great but when i tryed my desatersoft campaign problems arised.

Continu0 posted a workaround to get the GUI to work but this does not solve that the pilot stats are not recorded anymore. This leads to the problem that a big part of the gameplay is lost. In fact you can play the missions but your pilot gets no promotions anymore, the mission outcome is not recorded and you cannot win a campaign anymore. Big factors for me to be motivated to try and fly campaigns. With this part of the desastersoft interface broken I was looking for a workaround. It seems that the addons are gathering the mission end stats from the old cache folder that is empty now. A workaround is neither easy nor legal, because the pointers are embedded in the code of the addon.

Now I also got an answer from desastersoft and they do not want to change their addons for the mod. I bought all 3 addons for CloD and I realy enjoyed playing them.

Please TF look into this and save my day. I gladly provide any information i gathered about this issue.

Coming back from Patch 3.00 to stock is like switching from a 8-cilinder to a bicycle. :stunned:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-19-2013, 16:13
Hi DennyD,

If I were to guess, I would imagine the problem only lies in a file path being incorrect. I'm not familiar with those campaigns as I am mainly an online person, but I'm guess that a configuration file is pointing to IL2 Cliffs of Dover instead of IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Mod.

If this isn't a change that can be made to an .ini (say with notepad) then we might have to think about our own file structure. We definitely don't want to it not work for the addons.

We are investigating the issue.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-19-2013, 16:14
I tested the new patch yesterday and it was just great but when i tryed my desatersoft campaign problems arised.

Continu0 posted a workaround to get the GUI to work but this does not solve that the pilot stats are not recorded anymore. This leads to the problem that a big part of the gameplay is lost. In fact you can play the missions but your pilot gets no promotions anymore, the mission outcome is not recorded and you cannot win a campaign anymore. Big factors for me to be motivated to try and fly campaigns. With this part of the desastersoft interface broken I was looking for a workaround. It seems that the addons are gathering the mission end stats from the old cache folder that is empty now. A workaround is neither easy nor legal, because the pointers are embedded in the code of the addon.

Now I also got an answer from desastersoft and they do not want to change their addons for the mod. I bought all 3 addons for CloD and I realy enjoyed playing them.

Please TF look into this and save my day. I gladly provide any information i gathered about this issue.

Coming back from Patch 3.00 to stock is like switching from a 8-cilinder to a bicycle. :stunned:

DennyD,

It seems that the Desastersoft campain saves it's progress in a different folder. Perhaps they could be contacted for help.

DennydD
Mar-19-2013, 16:39
Thank you Bliss and Colander for your fast response.

I was playing around with the issue last night and found out that the interface to communicate with the game is most likely the cache folder (please correct me if this is BS) :doh:

Embedded in 2 desastersoft *.dll files i can see the pointers to the main folder $home that is where the game is located in steam and $user that is ...\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\.
The desastersoft addons probably communicate both directions (I figured this is why the GUI of the addon is not working if you do not copy the \1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\ folder over to the new root).
Now if a mission is finished there must be a way to read out the mission data like air victorys etc. I found in the cache folder files that do contain mission data. This made me guess that the problem could be that with a finished mission a trigger tells the *.dll file in the $user folder to gather information, bundle it and send it back. Now the cache located under $user/cache is empty => no stats.

I also tried to synchronize the cach folders but this seems to fail because the synchronisation programs are not working immediate. (I have no idea so this is a guess)
Rewriting the folder location in the addon is not possible because due to security issues they encrypted the reference of $user and $home and adding a ../ command line does not work because this is forbitten also due security reasons.

I hope this sums it roughly up.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-19-2013, 16:41
Hi DennydD,

I know this isn't what you are asking for but while you wait for a solution there is this campaign just released;

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3843

Septic.:recon:

DennydD
Mar-19-2013, 16:48
Hi DennydD,

I know this isn't what you are asking for but while you wait for a solution there is this campaign just released;

Septic.

Thx septic. I played heinkills campaigns before. If somebody reads this who has not yet tried them: GET THEM! Great work and (now) high altitude missions. (havent tried this one yet) :thumbsup:

Back to topic. :D

Marmus
Mar-19-2013, 17:18
Thank you Bliss and Colander for your fast response.

I was playing around with the issue last night and found out that the interface to communicate with the game is most likely the cache folder (please correct me if this is BS) :doh:

Embedded in 2 desastersoft *.dll files i can see the pointers to the main folder $home that is where the game is located in steam and $user that is ...\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\.
The desastersoft addons probably communicate both directions (I figured this is why the GUI of the addon is not working if you do not copy the \1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\ folder over to the new root).
Now if a mission is finished there must be a way to read out the mission data like air victorys etc. I found in the cache folder files that do contain mission data. This made me guess that the problem could be that with a finished mission a trigger tells the *.dll file in the $user folder to gather information, bundle it and send it back. Now the cache located under $user/cache is empty => no stats.

I also tried to synchronize the cach folders but this seems to fail because the synchronisation programs are not working immediate. (I have no idea so this is a guess)
Rewriting the folder location in the addon is not possible because due to security issues they encrypted the reference of $user and $home and adding a ../ command line does not work because this is forbitten also due security reasons.

I hope this sums it roughly up.

This just got posted in another thread...might help?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3777&page=10

DennydD
Mar-19-2013, 19:07
Nope. The Addon at least runs with this workaround but i am afraid that the issue I described is not related to moving folders. As i sayed the Addon points to a folder ...\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ in hardcode. It is unlikely that this is solved by moving the files to another position. I test it on a fresh install with only 1 Addon installed. CloD is patched from stock to 3.00 and the desatersoft campaign "Wick vs. Dundas" is on it and updated to the last version.

III/JG53_Don
Mar-19-2013, 20:11
Hi DennyD,

If I were to guess, I would imagine the problem only lies in a file path being incorrect. I'm not familiar with those campaigns as I am mainly an online person, but I'm guess that a configuration file is pointing to IL2 Cliffs of Dover instead of IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Mod.

If this isn't a change that can be made to an .ini (say with notepad) then we might have to think about our own file structure. We definitely don't want to it not work for the addons.

We are investigating the issue.

Would be a real help if TF could look into that if possible. The Desastersoft Addons do have a very sophisticated offline gameplay with the career mode and all... would be a shame to abandon such great content.
But like DennydD said: going back to stock CloD is just not an option :D

DennydD
Mar-20-2013, 15:50
Problem solved and me happy like a pig in s##t. Thx you so much. :salute:

jcenzano
Mar-26-2013, 19:55
Problem solved and me happy like a pig in s##t. Thx you so much. :salute:

could you plsease say how???

I read the whole thread plus the links but it is still not clear to me how to fix the desastersoft campaign not saving the progress.

Missions work but i get no stats

Thanks

ATAG_Colander
Mar-26-2013, 20:13
I believe there's an update from desastersoft.

jcenzano
Mar-27-2013, 03:57
I believe there's an update from desastersoft.

Checked desastersoft page and nothing there or on their forums. :(

Steuben
Mar-27-2013, 04:02
Isnt there a file called updater_wick_Dundas? in the desastersoft directory??? I think you need to run that if iam not mistaken!

ATAG_Colander
Mar-27-2013, 11:07
I believe there's an updater installed with the missions.

FAE_Cazador
Mar-27-2013, 12:05
Checked desastersoft page and nothing there or on their forums. :(

Go to Start Button in Win XP/Win 7, click Programs, find the one named Desastersoft/Wick Vs Dundas and run a file "Update Wick Vs Dundas" or so.

It will connect to Desastersoft Server, will check your files and will download the necessary updates. Let it work for a while, it will take some time.

I did it after installing the TF patch, and 2 major .DLL library files were updated. Also they have updated a .CS file of mission #4 of 609 Sq_Low Campaign, that was bugged . I haven't tried it yet, will do it tonight...

jcenzano
Mar-27-2013, 14:24
I believe there's an updater installed with the missions.

Isnt there a file called updater_wick_Dundas? in the desastersoft directory??? I think you need to run that if iam not mistaken!

Go to Start Button in Win XP/Win 7, click Programs, find the one named Desastersoft/Wick Vs Dundas and run a file "Update Wick Vs Dundas" or so.

It will connect to Desastersoft Server, will check your files and will download the necessary updates. Let it work for a while, it will take some time.

I did it after installing the TF patch, and 2 major .DLL library files were updated. Also they have updated a .CS file of mission #4 of 609 Sq_Low Campaign, that was bugged . I haven't tried it yet, will do it tonight...

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

It is like I had not been playing and updating flight sims since the jurassic-era of the flightsims!!!! Sometimes the solution is so obvious and simple... I was trying to figure out what dlls needed to be moved and what not...

UPDATE, you id**t!!! It's even an auto-update!!! :banghead:

Gracias Cazador. Por favor, dale recuerdos a FAE_Aguila, que le tengo abandonado...

FAE_Cazador
Mar-27-2013, 16:32
Yeah, the update works like a treat! Mission #4 of 609 Sq Campaign is fixed . Great work by Desastersoft!

Se los dare de tu parte Cenzano! :)

thee_oddball
Mar-27-2013, 17:31

is that Julius Arigi dennyD?

DennydD
Mar-28-2013, 09:48
Yes it's Julius Arigi. Fellow countryman.