PDA

View Full Version : Elevator Trim Indicator Window - 109

ATAG_Naz
Mar-19-2013, 19:30
Hi all

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am simply reading things wrong (quite possible!).

Following pic is from a 109 4N and I haven't checked the other 109 variants (I will do so if it would assist TF). The mouse pointer shows a different Elevator trim reading to that of the in-cockpit trim indicator (-0.0 as opposed to 2 on the cockpit indicator.

Hope this is of some help.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/sfchammer/109Trim_zps97802b84.jpg

Robo.
Mar-20-2013, 06:02
Hi all

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am simply reading things wrong (quite possible!).

Following pic is from a 109 4N and I haven't checked the other 109 variants (I will do so if it would assist TF). The mouse pointer shows a different Elevator trim reading to that of the in-cockpit trim indicator (-0.0 as opposed to 2 on the cockpit indicator.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi Naz, the elevator trim range is assymetrical from +3 (NH) to -8 (TH). The 0.0 you're seeing indicates the joystick axis is in the middle at 50%. The full range shown in the small window is -0.5 to 0.5 and it is symmetrical. The -2/-3 on the cockpit indicator represents the actual trim setting. I know this is confusing and it should probably match, but I hope it explains the issue. Ignore the small window, for neutral trim, roll your elevator trim axis to the front a bit, so the indicator shows 0.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-20-2013, 06:42
Ahhhh, ok then !

I thought it might have been my misunderstanding...Thanks for the excellent explanation.

~S~

:thumbsup: