PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering prop/clouds?

Uwe
Mar-20-2013, 00:35
Hello all!
Well I'm going through Spitfire withdrawls, so Ill be hitting the server soon, but before I go I wanted to ask if anyone else is having stuttering with clouds, and seeing the prop stutter occasionally?

Someone said that they use bandicam to reduce stutters, but when I looked it up it looked like video recording/editing software, so color me confused.

My current specs...
i72600K @ 4.5ghz
GTX580 1.5GB
16GB RAM
Running on an SSD drive.

Any one else having similar issues, or have a fix?
Truthfully this is the only problem I can find with the TF patch, and I doubt it has anything to do with the patch, performance was much worse before hand...

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Mar-20-2013, 01:52
hey,

have massive stutters and fps goes down many times to 5 !!!
looks like a damn dia-show since i install the tf-mod...

if i play in a single mission everything is very fine and i can fly @ groundlevel without stutters but
if i go online on atag's server uuuaaaaaa....

i tryed out to reduce all video settings to medium and some to low but nearly without a result...

someone same problems or just only me ?

Uwe
Mar-20-2013, 02:27
No mine is a slight, more annoying than anything stutter.
Still performs well overall.

LizLemon
Mar-20-2013, 02:48
hey,

have massive stutters and fps goes down many times to 5 !!!
looks like a damn dia-show since i install the tf-mod...

if i play in a single mission everything is very fine and i can fly @ groundlevel without stutters but
if i go online on atag's server uuuaaaaaa....

i tryed out to reduce all video settings to medium and some to low but nearly without a result...

someone same problems or just only me ?

This sounds more like lag then the graphics stuttering.

What is your ping at on ATAG servers?

trindade
Mar-20-2013, 06:21
+1

I have been flying just offline missions and i am having the same problem. Compared to the stock version which I had a few stutters as well the new patch is worst in performance.

i5 2500@3.30Ghz
HD5870 1Gb
8GB DDR3

Still i like the graphic improvements and is playable here but is annoying.

Cheers

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-20-2013, 06:40

Hi LizLemon,

I was on coms with Yellow at the time he reported this. It was yesterday (19 March) at around 1300GMT.
One of the other guys in the 92 squad also reported significant stutters, although not going down to quite 5fps.

I was online too, I had some minor stutters but nothing unplayable (I have GTX670 4GB GPU).
There were about 30-40 people online. It seemed to be at its worst around Hawkinge, especially when the players reporting the problem were in hangars and/or close to the ground.
Both players had reported smooth running on the server the night before, even with much greater numbers online.
I suggested a DOTnet rebuild, DXSETUP re-run and deleting the cache folders. As far as I recall, they did this, to little or no effect.
I noticed only a tiny bit of rubber banding between myself and the player reporting the stuttering. From my perspective, the fps hit being reported did not seem to correlate to any obvious rubber banding

Hope the above information is helpful in some way.

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Mar-20-2013, 06:44

hey,

ping is between 280 and 320 same as before...
singleplayer is no problems but online unflyable and cant see anything same before...

and yes copyed my .ini to the mod-cash-folder right...

also my stick dont work same before.... feels like there is a big latence... if i pull back it takes 1 secound that my
spit will start moving up...
fly same same "pudding" :(

DennydD
Mar-20-2013, 07:05
Hmm. Could it be the video RAM? From what I read the problem arises at =<1500Mb Video RAM. I was on ATAG yesterday with around 100 ppl and had no stutter. Here my specs:

Phenom II X4 BE @3400
2x HD5870 1Gb (Crossfire)
8Gb DDR2 RAM

My processor is weaker than the ones who describe the issue and the GTX580 is pretty powerful. If I am not mistaken the game needs around 2Gb video RAM. There was once a thread on the banana forum about that. If the vid RAM is full it starts to stutter.

Just my 2 cents.

E-69 Siegfried
Mar-20-2013, 07:21
I feel this problem (I think) late yesterday when the steam's servers down.

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-20-2013, 07:33
I had some low fps And screen tearing. I did the dx fix, then restart. Then the dot net fix and restart again. Cleared the cache and cranked my nvidia settings as per Mastiff's post and it runs smooth as silk.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-20-2013, 07:36
I had some low fps And screen tearing. I did the dx fix, then restart. Then the dot net fix and restart again. Cleared the cache and cranked my nvidia settings as per Mastiff's post and it runs smooth as silk.

You're running a GTX580 3GB though, these boys (31st_Yellow for example) are running 560Ti's or less....
The OP has only 1.5GB VRAM.. I wonder if that's the difference?

Shouldn't be worse FPS than before though.... everybody is reporting FPS increases, not these massive drops.....

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-20-2013, 07:38
You're running a GTX580 3GB though, these boys are running 560Ti's or less....

Ahh ok. I just thought that it was worth mentioning though what a huge frame increase I got just doing that.

III/JG53_Don
Mar-20-2013, 08:30
hm I have a 1Gb only card too (AMD Radeon HD 6870), but I don't experience any stutters near or within clouds.
But what I do have is extreme stutters very low over landscape. Shadows of the trees kills the game low level as far as I know. Unfortunately disabling the trees kills the game immersive-wise but so do the disabling of shadows in general :(

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Mar-20-2013, 10:29
My system is same as Uwe and my FPS drops in clouds from 60 to low 20s. Single digit if I zoom in.