PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Wiki Page Released: Aircraft Manuals and Information

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-20-2013, 16:19
Salute All

We are pleased to provide information in the way of Manuals and other data.

This is a work in progress, no editing can be done by other than Team Fusion members. Some entries are incomplete, we hope to finish them soon.

We recommend everyone look over the aircraft manuals to familiarize themselves with their favourite aircraft.

Thanks to Recoil, Slipstream, and Old Canuck for their work. :thumbsup:

Link:

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

Oersted
Mar-20-2013, 16:43
Thanks a 1,000,000!!!!!!! - Lots of good reading and info there, I'll definitely print this out and give it a good gander. I noticed my CEM skills were somewhat lacking the first time I went up in the modded sim...

Looking forward also to see the Spit II info at some point.

palker
Mar-20-2013, 17:11
All i can say is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-20-2013, 17:14
Thanks a 1,000,000!!!!!!! - Lots of good reading and info there, I'll definitely print this out and give it a good gander. I noticed my CEM skills were somewhat lacking the first time I went up in the modded sim...

Looking forward also to see the Spit II info at some point.

Spit II is up.

LG1.Farber
Mar-20-2013, 17:25
This is awesome.

skouras
Mar-20-2013, 17:28
great..

ATAG_Slipstream
Mar-20-2013, 17:49
Hi Chaps

All Manuals are now up on the wiki with the exception of the BR. 20, however there will be further editing in the next few days so check back often.

There will also be a 'hard-copy' .pdf manual for those who wish to print, or read in a better format, and this should be ready by the weekend.

Hope your all having fun!! :thumbsup:

~S~

III/JG53_Don
Mar-20-2013, 17:51
:salute: perfect! :salute:

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-20-2013, 17:54
Good job keyboard squadron. The community cant thank you enough !:thumbsup:

mazex
Mar-20-2013, 18:18
Friggin awesome! This is so needed for new pilots, and old gasket blowers like me ;)

ATAG_Slipstream
Mar-20-2013, 18:21

:laugh:

ATAG_Naz
Mar-20-2013, 19:09
Fantastic work guys, ... again :thumbsup:

fruitbat
Mar-20-2013, 19:13
Great job, many thanks to all those involved in producing this, a fantastic resource.

cheers fruitbat.:salute:

310_cibule
Mar-21-2013, 11:27
Simply fabulous!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-21-2013, 11:33
This is awesome.

what he said!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-21-2013, 11:41
Combat-tested and approved! :thumbsup:

Nice work, Team Fusion. :)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-21-2013, 11:50
I'm very grateful for the early RAF fighter (2 stage prop) work in particular. I'm thoroughly looking forward to the Dunkirk and battle for France (aka retreat across France) maps,/ missions if we get any. The earliest variants look like a nice challenge to fly ;)

E-69 Siegfried
Mar-21-2013, 14:07
The very last sentence of JU88 page is wrong i think.

"Note: Fuel cannot not be transferred from inner wing tank to inner wing tank. "

Kodoss
Mar-21-2013, 15:25
The very last sentence of JU88 page is wrong i think.

"Note: Fuel cannot not be transferred from inner wing tank to inner wing tank. "

That means you can't transfer fuel from the inner left wing tank to the inner right wing tank or the other way around. That is historical for the A-1.
But you can transfer fuel from the outer wing tanks to the inner wing tanks.

Also as a sidenote: you can't choose at the moment from which inner wing tank you drain fuel, since the valve battery with it's lever isn't modelled. Fuel pumps P1 and P2 drain from both tanks.

Broodwich
Mar-21-2013, 16:24

Proof that the bureaucratic types are indeed vital to the war effort!

heinkill
Mar-21-2013, 16:51
May be of interest. I have an old PDF of a SpitIIA manual on my blog downloaded from Zenos years back. Includes historical illustrations from the RAF pilot manual.

See bottom of page here:

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.dk/p/essential-historical-resources.html

H

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-21-2013, 17:15
May be of interest. I have an old PDF of a SpitIIA manual on my blog downloaded from Zenos years back. Includes historical illustrations from the RAF pilot manual.

See bottom of page here:

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.dk/p/essential-historical-resources.html

H

Hello Heinkill

Thanks for that, we have all the various historical manuals, but haven't gotten around to posting them yet.

MadTommy
Mar-22-2013, 02:47
Very nicely displayed info, thank you.

310_cibule
Mar-22-2013, 05:50
Simply fabulous!

Let me ask one question: I didn't find any mention about mixture setting and carb-heat in Bristol Blenheim Mk. IV. Unlike all the other planes. How are those treated?

E69_pupo
Mar-23-2013, 06:08
is there any chance you can update the FLEA charts? tough your wiki is easy to read, flea chartsare way easy to use during flight and print out if needed.

cheers

Ivank
Mar-23-2013, 22:45
Let me ask one question: I didn't find any mention about mixture setting and carb-heat in Bristol Blenheim Mk. IV. Unlike all the other planes. How are those treated?

AIR Intake control was discussed in the Wiki, Some words on mixture control have been added:

Air Intake Heat Control
Required ON for all operations in cloud or if rough running occurs for no obvious reason.

Mixture Control
In CLOD there is little value in running mixture in any other setting than AUTO RICH "NORMAL", Fully to the rear. In NORMAL you will get automatic Altitude compensation on the Rich schedule. If you have a real need to minimise fuel Burn then mixture can be set to AUTO LEAN WEAK which is fully forward. In WEAK (AUTO LEAN) you will also get altitude compensation but on the Weak schedule. IRL there were Boost limits in WEAK, these have not yet been tuned in TF V1.0

310_cibule
Mar-24-2013, 08:28
Thx IvanK. Clear.

2GvSAP Flea
Apr-05-2013, 21:05
Let this serve as notice to all.

PLEASE update my checklist as desired. I have moved on to other things and have not been able to keep up with Cliffs, other than lurking the forums. If anyone can improve on the data, format, etc, please do. All I ask is a small note in any future version acknowledging my initial feeble attempts at creating a thorough document for all Cliffs users. I posted the excel file for just that very purpose.

I have posted my final version as draft here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=39164

And a massive "Thanks" to Team Fusion for keeping this sim alive.

Salute.

ChiefRedCloud
Apr-05-2013, 22:38
SALUTE Flea and thanks for your works ...... May Life shine on you and yours ....

=DRACO=
Apr-07-2013, 05:22
The manual is written Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3/E-4 Engine DB 601 A-1 this is a mistake?

Robo.
Apr-07-2013, 06:44
The manual is written Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3/E-4 Engine DB 601 A-1 this is a mistake?

Not at all, 3 different DB601 engines are now modeled, please do ask if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

=DRACO=
Apr-07-2013, 10:04
Not at all, 3 different DB601 engines are now modeled, please do ask if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

MB need Bf 109 E-3/E-4 = Engine DB 601 Aa, only Bf 109 E-1 = Engine DB 601 A-1 ?

Robo.
Apr-07-2013, 10:35
MB need Bf 109 E-3/E-4 = Engine DB 601 Aa, only Bf 109 E-1 = Engine DB 601 A-1 ?

That is a wrong assumption I am afraid. The DB601Aa engines were mainly used for JaBo variants (about 25-30% of all DB601s made were Aa versions with lower FTH and higher MFP on take-off) and they are therefore modeled for E-3/B and E-4/B variants. The E-3 and E-4 have got the standard A-1 engine and the E-1 has got the A-1 with the older supercharger and lower FTH of 3,7 km. Hope that helped.

=DRACO=
Apr-07-2013, 13:38
Thanks!

supercharger E1 DB 601 A-1 =4000m optimal
supercharger E3/E4 DB 601 A-1 = 4500m optimal
right?

Explain please how many % the engine loses power when not warmed up to 40C? And what % of the engine loses power for more than 5 minute and 30 minute mode?

Robo.
Apr-07-2013, 17:02
Thanks!

supercharger E1 DB 601 A-1 =4000m optimal
supercharger E3/E4 DB 601 A-1 = 4500m optimal
right?

Yes that is correct! :thumbsup: In the historical documents this is referred to as 'old' and 'new' supercharger respectively.

Explain please how many % the engine loses power when not warmed up to 40C? And what % of the engine loses power for more than 5 minute and 30 minute mode?

I can't answer your question about warming up, but as for the limits you are not limited by time as such, but by the temperatures. You can for example fly the aircraft in '5 mode for much longer as long as you keep your temperatures within limits. When you go over that temperature limit, your engine breaks down...

=DRACO=
Apr-08-2013, 08:18
I want to know for example if I'm going to BF 109 E-4 /N 2600 1.35 more than 5 minutes. Whether there is a partial loss of power at 6 minutes of the flight or not?

Is it possible to get a listing of all SFS FM?

-Sven-
Apr-08-2013, 11:25
Thank you for putting these manuals together, it's really helpful to me! My hat is off to the hours of work put into this!

Robo.
Apr-08-2013, 12:18
I want to know for example if I'm going to BF 109 E-4 /N 2600 1.35 more than 5 minutes. Whether there is a partial loss of power at 6 minutes of the flight or not?

No, there is no loss of power even if you exceed the time limits, as long as you don't exceed the temperature limits. The time limits are calibrated to maximal strain at climb power at full throttle height which means you can certainly exceed the time limits at e.g. altitudes below the FTH.

=DRACO=
Apr-09-2013, 07:54
Thank you very much for the clarification, now i understand.
In version 1.11, all 109 were with a yellow nose on the ATAG. In version 3.00, we see some of the 109 without a yellow nose. How do they do it?

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-09-2013, 11:38
Each model 109 has their own default skin. The skin for the E-1 has no yellow on it.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-10-2013, 20:21
No, there is no loss of power even if you exceed the time limits, as long as you don't exceed the temperature limits. The time limits are calibrated to maximal strain at climb power at full throttle height which means you can certainly exceed the time limits at e.g. altitudes below the FTH.

Actually as you come close to the maximum listed temperature, power is lost due to overheat. You can test this by watching your speed and keeping your temps just a degree or so below the maximum in constant speed aircraft, or in variable or fixed prop, watch the rpms start to drop with overheating maintained.

There is also the possibility that the longer temperatures continue at close to the maximum allowable limit, even if they are subsequently brought down to normal, the more likely that further occasions where overheating occurs will result in damage to the engine. But I have not confirmed this with systematic testing, this is only an anecdotal observation.

Robo.
Apr-11-2013, 10:45
Actually as you come close to the maximum listed temperature, power is lost due to overheat. You can test this by watching your speed and keeping your temps just a degree or so below the maximum in constant speed aircraft, or in variable or fixed prop, watch the rpms start to drop with overheating maintained.

You're absolutely right there Buzzsaw :thumbsup: The OP was asking whether it's the time that dictates the power loss due to overheating and damage occurs automatically depending on time exceeded. I said don't bother with a stopwatch, just watch your temps... :)

There is also the possibility that the longer temperatures continue at close to the maximum allowable limit, even if they are subsequently brought down to normal, the more likely that further occasions where overheating occurs will result in damage to the engine. But I have not confirmed this with systematic testing, this is only an anecdotal observation.

Yes that is my observation, too, I aim to keep it at least 5C below the limit. I also had a situations where my engine failed completely on lower than critical temperature because I strained it too much a couple of minutes ago. I personally really like this new overheating system very much, it feels like you're actually managing an engine and not something that works in binary terms of working absolutely fine / completely broken and nothing in between...

Kodoss
Apr-12-2013, 15:41
For the Dive bomber pilots: http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=dive

In theory and praxis.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-12-2013, 19:18
For the Dive bomber pilots: http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=dive

In theory and praxis.

Great work Kodoss!

DUI
Apr-13-2013, 06:14
The dive bombing formulas are great! Next time I am in a dive and falling to the ground with about 500 km/h I will check my altitude, the one of my target, my exact speed and dive angle. Then I will just have to put this data into the few formulas and calculate the result. Easy and fast...
Maybe, I will just continue dropping the bombs when my stomach tells me to do so... :doh:

Would be interesting to know what WW2 pilots did. Of course, if they had a crew member supporting them with the calculation it might have been easier to use the formula.

Kodoss
Apr-13-2013, 08:02
Or you use the dive tables, where height, dive angle and aim point are already calculated.

(runterscrollen Dui...):P

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=dive#ju_87_dive_tables

DUI
Apr-13-2013, 12:00
Indeed, there are dive tables. The - even for me easy to understand - images with the ship had caught my full attention...

HurricaneHarvest
Apr-19-2013, 07:15
yes, we could use those tables .. or come in fast and low and bounce the bomb along the water! :D

HH.

Hood
Apr-23-2013, 17:35
These are great guides.

Are you able to include the top speeds of all aircraft at sea level? It will help me run away...

:thumbsup:

Hood

Kodoss
Apr-26-2013, 15:57
News from the keyboard frontline:

The Ju 87 B-2 (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hju87b2) historic manual (part 10: flight instructions) is now completely translated.

Also Bf 109 E/B Distance Table (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hbf109e_b-distance) is added.

Both can be found under Historic Flight Manuals (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=historic_flight_manuals).

Have fun.

Kodoss
Apr-27-2013, 09:41
Also added the Bf 110 D & E Flight Distance table (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hbf110d_e-distance) to the historic flight manuals.

Edit: added dive tables for the Bf 109 (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=dive#bf_109)

Have fun.

Kodoss
Apr-29-2013, 13:12
Added Ju 87 Abwurfwaffe (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hju87bomb) to the historical manuals.

Also added instructions and table for the PC 1000 RS in Ju 87 (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=dive&#pc_1000_rs_in_ju_87) to the dive bombing manual.

Have fun.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
May-10-2013, 06:58
Can I request like-for-like information on across the aircraft types in the TF wiki?

The RAF aircraft provide "performance" information (max level speed), which is not provided for any of the 109s for example.

There are , unfortunately still debates about these features. Full disclosure on the wiki would help.

Kodoss
May-10-2013, 11:32
Added the Bf 110 C historic flight manual (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=historic_flight_manuals) with Operation Data-Card for Bf 110 C-1. Added also the Operation-Data-Card to the Ju 87 B-2 historic manual.

Meaks
May-10-2013, 12:14
Superb Kodoss,thank you for this:thumbsup:

Kodoss
May-10-2013, 16:40
Can I request like-for-like information on across the aircraft types in the TF wiki?

The RAF aircraft provide "performance" information (max level speed), which is not provided for any of the 109s for example.

There are , unfortunately still debates about these features. Full disclosure on the wiki would help.

Something like this (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hbf109edatasheet)?

By the way did anyone noticed that the Bf 110 C-1 is historically faster than the Bf 109 E-1 at sea-level with 1,15 ata / 2200 RPM engine setting?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
May-10-2013, 19:06
Something like this (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hbf109edatasheet)?

By the way did anyone noticed that the Bf 110 C-1 is historically faster than the Bf 109 E-1 at sea-level with 1,15 ata / 2200 RPM engine setting?

Grand! I couldn't find it. Is it replicated for the E4 variants?

Kodoss
May-10-2013, 19:28
That's because I added it today.

By the way the bombrack types must be 25 km/h slower (drag) than the normal ones. Which means:

Bf 109 E-1 = 460 km/h
Bf 109 E-1/B = 435 km/h

Bf 110 C-4 = 435 km/h
Bf 110 C-7 = 410 km/h
(Bf 110 D-0/B = 405 km/h)

Oersted
Jun-03-2013, 02:00
Kodoss (et al): thanks SO much for all these extremely worthwhile additions. I will do what I can to publicize your great work!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-24-2013, 11:42
That's because I added it today.

By the way the bombrack types must be 25 km/h slower (drag) than the normal ones. Which means:

Bf 109 E-1 = 460 km/h
Bf 109 E-1/B = 435 km/h

Bf 110 C-4 = 435 km/h
Bf 110 C-7 = 410 km/h
(Bf 110 D-0/B = 405 km/h)

Hi Kodoss, Can I request the datasheet be updated to show all variants?
For example (From the Spitfire 1 100oct) in the wiki, the British aircraft each have this information within their own flight manual page:

PERFORMANCE

Max. Speed at Sea Level: 298 mph

Aircraft has a single stage supercharger, with the rammed Full Throttle Height, (FTH) being approx. 11,500 ft at +12 boost. The rammed Full Throttle Height, (FTH) being approx. 16250 ft at +6 boost. Performance falls off rapidly above these heights.

The Spitfire I 100 octane is a responsive and maneuverable aircraft at low, medium and high altitudes. It is slightly slower than the Bf-109 at all altitudes. It is faster than the Bf-110 at all altitudes. It will outturn 109's and 110's at low and medium altitudes. It loses performance at higher altitudes, especially over 25,000ft.