PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the reflections from planes?

Little_D
Mar-21-2013, 07:06
Hi gents,

maby i have a solution for this problem, at least it works fine for my system, i put MeshFirstLod=1 back to MeshFirstLod=0.

with MeshFirstLod=1 i had wite/silver planes even when i get into ID range and zoom in to id, that makes it hard to tell what plane you are hunting.
now with MeshFirstLod=0 i still have wite/silver planes when i am in id range, but when i zoom in to id i can see now the skin and type of plane i am trying to id. sometimes they shine still silver, but under the silvershine you can see the color of the skin. i dont know if TF change something about the MeshFirstLod but when you put it to 0 the planes dont disappear anymore when you get close, as they dit before the MOD.

sorry but i dont know how to describe it better with my knowleg of english.

regards

Little_D

Mattias
Mar-21-2013, 07:46
Hi gents,

maby i have a solution for this problem, at least it works fine for my system, i put MeshFirstLod=1 back to MeshFirstLod=0.

with MeshFirstLod=1 i had wite/silver planes even when i get into ID range and zoom in to id, that makes it hard to tell what plane you are hunting.
now with MeshFirstLod=0 i still have wite/silver planes when i am in id range, but when i zoom in to id i can see now the skin and type of plane i am trying to id. sometimes they shine still silver, but under the silvershine you can see the color of the skin. i dont know if TF change something about the MeshFirstLod but when you put it to 0 the planes dont disappear anymore when you get close, as they dit before the MOD.

sorry but i dont know how to describe it better with my knowleg of english.

regards

Little_D

:salute:

Setting MeshFirstLod to 1 seems to cause problems with reflections for some. This is an old hack from that is not really needed anymore, at least not as far as I can tell. Setting it to 1 also eat A LOT of FPS :recon:

Cheers/m