PDA

View Full Version : game freezes

Barraclough
Mar-21-2013, 12:01
Ina single mission with stuka attack on a tanker the exploding bombs now cause a few seconds game freezing

Hood
Mar-21-2013, 14:53
I get random freezes in the first stock LW campaign for maybe 1 second. Nothing I can identify as the cause unless its a trigger issue.

Hood

Continu0
Mar-21-2013, 15:36
Guys, what Systems are you using? It`s very hard to help if no additional information is provided...

ATAG_JTDawg
Mar-21-2013, 15:57
my offline game is useless an has been from the start , thinking after first patch. when probs arrived. but specs would help try to find reasons. maybe shadows etc.

Hood
Mar-21-2013, 16:03
Guys, what Systems are you using? It`s very hard to help if no additional information is provided...

i7 950 oc to 4.3
Asus Sabertooth mobo
GTX 580 3Gb - latest official drivers
6Gb RAM
Asus D2X
Windows 7
OCZ SSD
1TB HDD

DGC338
Mar-21-2013, 16:56
I too get the occasional pause in game for a second or two. Mostly in SP. it seems to happen most when lots of AI comms are taking place.

System:
I7 920
Gtx 580
Gigabyte ex58 board
6gb ram
Win7x64-ultimate
Sea gate 1tb drive

Barraclough
Mar-21-2013, 17:07

Intel Core 2Quad CPU Q9300, 2,50 Ghz, 4,0 GB RAM, NVDIA Geforce GTX 480

Was allright till now

With regards

Barraclough

thee_oddball
Mar-21-2013, 17:28
did you gents empty/delete your cache folders?

Hood
Mar-21-2013, 18:08
Yes - patching instructions followed precisely.

Hood

Mastiff
Mar-21-2013, 18:30
Yes - patching instructions followed precisely.

Hood

did you go into your redist folder located in the il2 main folder under steam apps?

run dotnetfx, and the other prgrams in there.

baronWastelan
Aug-25-2013, 16:35
Thanks to this great mod, everything runs very smoothly on my old PC, except for when the first bombs explode, when the FPS goes to 0 for a second or two (minor annoyance considering all the other improvements). Today I did some tests using the "Incoming Dorniers" mission from Heinkill's redux. My system:

Quad core q9650 @3267 mhz
DDR3-726 (1453 mhz) Dual-channel (9-9-9-24) 4 GB
Geforce GTX 570 1280 MB, stock clock rates, Driver ver. 320.49
Win7 64 home prem. SP1
no TIR, only CH yoke and Saitek rudder pedals and wireless mouse

I flew the first couple of minutes of the "Incoming Dorniers" mission and recorded a track in the original 1.11.20362 and there were no pauses even tho I flew close enough to the exploding bombs to get my engine knocked out - steady FPS at 30 or higher. I closed the game, deleted all the "cache" files (both stock and mod folders), then switched mods back on and played the track I had just made in stock Clod in TF 3.0, and it played the same, without pause, much to my surprise. I then went right back into the mission and played it, and during play the explosion-pause happened as it always has.

I was running the CPU, RAM and evga precision monitors in the background and did not see and hardware bottlenecks associated with the game freezes.

bolox
Aug-29-2013, 15:41
There is a recognised issue with the first bomb to explode in an SP mission.
It is being looked at, but it's a weird one as the effects should be preloaded and thus not cause a hickup.

As a 'workaround' I'm putting a plane dropping bomb on mission start in a corner of the map to get the stutter out of the way early on.

baronWastelan
Aug-30-2013, 01:56
TY bolox for the confirmation of the anomaly and the workaround suggestion which is quite easy to do -- I was thinking of the same solution.

priller26
Oct-19-2013, 08:54
Im getting some random freezes two, some up to two seconds, in sp missions, seems to be early on in the mission. I'll post a lot more tomorrow, been playing the game a solid 7 hours, its FANTASTIC, just a few anomolies that are cropping up, but I'm too tired to post now, more later, but all in all, QUITE nice, and vast improvement over the last version, colors great, love the clouds, the look of the game, really quite spectacular....Im sure the issues will be ironed out, the random freezes and hickups are nothing like the original game, still very enjoyable! Thanks!

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 09:00
Im getting some random freezes two, some up to two seconds, in sp missions, seems to be early on in the mission. I'll post a lot more tomorrow, been playing the game a solid 7 hours, its FANTASTIC, just a few anomolies that are cropping up, but I'm too tired to post now, more later, but all in all, QUITE nice, and vast improvement over the last version, colors great, love the clouds, the look of the game, really quite spectacular....Im sure the issues will be ironed out, the random freezes and hickups are nothing like the original game, still very enjoyable! Thanks!

:salute:

Glad to hear that Priller :thumbsup:

I'm too getting some random freezes a few minutes into some SP mission. Will see if we can find what's causing it

priller26
Oct-19-2013, 22:57
:salute:

Glad to hear that Priller :thumbsup:

I'm too getting some random freezes a few minutes into some SP mission. Will see if we can find what's causing it

Here are my pc specs

AMD 1100T 6 core running at 3.8, all cores enabled
16 gigs corsair vengeance ram stock
Evga nvidia gtx 580 3 gigs, updated drivers
Win 7 pro 64
Ran dotnet fix after reinstalling original game and patching up current to 4.0 following all cache rebuilds and conf ini files

I'm also getting early into sp quick mission reticle disappearance and freeze flying 109 early in mission, posted that in bug thread

FAE_Cazador
Oct-21-2013, 03:43
I'm also suffering 2 seconds freezes in offline SP or Campaign missions (just once per mission, if any), but this already happened with previous 3.0 Patch.

I have noticed also some shorter freezes in "The Black Death" track during the massive chat from AI Luftwaffe pilots when they bomb RAF Hurricanes airstrip, before exploding the bombs. This makes me think if perhaps some big sound file has to be loaded?

My specs (not high end, as you'll see):

Intel CoreDuo E6600 @2.3 GHz
4 GB RAM 1333 MHz, Dual Channel
EVGA Nvidia GTX 580 1,5 GB VRAM
HP2510 monitor 25",1920x1080 native resolution
Sound card Audigy ZS
Hard Disk SSD 120GB, 20 GB free.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate

Video setup all Medium, no shadows, no Effects, no AA, no SSAO, grass & roads on,

I run average 34 FPS in The Black Death track.

I am using a dedicated Hard Disk and OS installation for Flight Sims, without any other software running behind, just NOD32 a/virus, updates not allowed during playtime.

Patch 4.0 is excellent, I do like light, detail and environment even at my Medium level, and runs smooth on my PC. I can only report this issue, so far, but it was noted before 4.0, starting in 3.0. I did not reported before as I thought it was a consecuence of my humble PC, but I see that more powerful machines are suffering it as well.

In the other hand, LOD issue has dissapeared for, and also an issue with plane's markings dissapearing, as reported before. Great work, TF!

HaJa
Oct-21-2013, 06:42
Also having one freeze about a couple of minutes in in a mission (SP)
After that no more. The freeze is about 2 sec. Great mod! Great FPS
and great looks :)

Spec:

Win 7 64
GA 990FXA-UD7
AMD FX8350
AMD 7970 (Cat 13.7)
RAM 16 GB (2 GB for RAM drive with Temp files)
Mon BenQ XL2411T 120Hz
Track IR 4 with latest drivers
SSD 60 GB Force3 for OS
HDD 150 GB 7200 rpm for games

9./JG52 Ziegler
Oct-21-2013, 09:00
This is nothing new and nothing to do with the 4.0 patch. It's always been there in SP mode and for me is as regular as err...well lets just say that I will always get a 1-2 second freeze (usually I'm about to shoot something) after about 3 minutes into it. It always comes back and I sort of just hold my controls (I freeze too) through the worm hole.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Oct-21-2013, 13:39
Had some freezes in Multiplayer last night during the Red defend mission. (I dont remember the name, Airfields are spread apart beyond the English point. Reds have hurricanes and Spit 1a's and have to defend for 4 hours or so against AI bombers and player bombers. Blues have bf-109 E4's, bf110 C-7, He111's and Ju88's)

Around 60-70 players on. Stutter would usually last a second or two. Other players on comms were also getting stutters ( I couldn't tell if they were at the same time or not)