PDA

View Full Version : Night time settings - visual do not work

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-21-2013, 19:19
Folmar has been looking at building a night mission;

(1)Seems that the lighting/ colour changes have made any night-time missions unworkable. We've just tried a mission at 23:30 and it was as light as day at ground level. clouds (high and low level) remain bright white and the sky is just black, but there is no darkening/ loss of light. It seems to be the moon making everything really brightly lit up.
This image is taken at 23:30, showing the moon brightness, and how lit up the land is. Note the bright clouds also

At 02;30 it was pitch black, save for a few building lights. But there was no stars.

So far we've not been able to get it looking anything like the night mission shown in the videos.

More interesting results; when the sun is just coming up, but the ground is very dark, if the sun reflects off the inside of the canopy, you can see all the land textures behind it, as plain as day.
Is this a known issue? (did I miss this in readme?)

(2) the forward window in the spitfire appears to block out the sun glow, before it rises, but the side windows allow some of the glow in. See image, you have to look closely to see the glow, either side, but not showing in middle.

(3) The gun-sights (at least in RAF aircraft) go beserk at night.
at 23:30 - even when ground is lit-up
and at 02:30

(4)Localised weather seems to result in launcher crashes.

1lokos
Mar-21-2013, 22:34
Philstyle

Just before Patch I am playing with Lorenz (Blinding landing) and are able to set a dark nights.

Now is just like you inform, landing is very clear - interesting to note that ground areas more visible
are light green and brown.
Clouds seems like as fluorescent, radiates light into the cockpit:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4396/clouds5.jpg

EDIT - The darkest hour are around 1:00 to 2:00AM.
The night in the "World of Dr. WHOleg" start at 20:11 and end 3:49 - time in that runway lights turn on and off.

I read in a old (1969) book about Spitfire (John Vader) that gunsight light ate night could obfuscate... :)

Sokol1

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-22-2013, 09:14
The same book also mentions that the gunsight should be red in colour

MZ33
Mar-25-2013, 09:36
Hi everyone.
I have the same problem with lights and reticles when I try to fly at night. But the strangest thing is that the lights of the ground changes at 8.02 p.m. as you can see at this images:

1. It is 8.02 p.m. (zegar means clock in my language) and its quite dark:

2. After few seconds the lightning of the groud changes definitely:

I hope that it could be usefull to find and fix this strange bug.

Mattias
Mar-26-2013, 23:14
:salute:

Thanks for the feedback -the bug is identified and worked on as we speak :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

Catseye
Mar-26-2013, 23:22
The same book also mentions that the gunsight should be red in colour

Hi Headshot,
Other books also reference a red reticle.